Gears of War 2

monkeyboo2

I HATE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS. The one's where you slowly accumulate over time just by playing the game (i.e. the Spartan Officer one in H3, Seriously in GoW, etc) I'm ok with, but developers just love to make the achievements as stupid as possible. I'm looking at you, Halo 3.

jjroxlu7.jpg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS. The one's where you slowly accumulate over time just by playing the game (i.e. the Spartan Officer one in H3, Seriously in GoW, etc) I'm ok with, but developers just love to make the achievements as stupid as possible. I'm looking at you, Halo 3.

First 1k were fine .. The extra 750 are a big steaming pile of dog poop.

Yeah, the original Halo 3 achievements were pretty good, maybe with the exception of mongoose mowdown and 2 for 1. The only problem with those two were that they relied on either random chance or boosting in order to get. Atleast with something like overkill you will get if you're good enough - or maybe lucky enough. A grenade here, a mismatch there, and you can get the achievements. However, certain achievements that are less reliant on skill, and really just collecting certain things, i.e. get x number of kills with y weapon, are just horrible. It can turn some game modes into nothing but boosting playlists. Like COD4's head to head. I don't think anyone uses that playlist for anything other than completing challenges. One example of what achievements can do to certain parts of a game. There's also stuff like at the beginning of Halo 3, Lone Wolves (Ranked Free for All) was full of boosters.

Achivements can make or break games. I'd say it's better to just have them as a way to show others how far into the game you've gone, i.e. for completing the storyline, for beating minigames, for holding a hiscore (I've always wondered why this doesn't exist, there should be an achievement for haing eached the top 10,000 of the hiscores for certain games, this would be a real achievement), for completing a certain number of matches.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Yeah, the original Halo 3 achievements were pretty good, maybe with the exception of mongoose mowdown and 2 for 1. The only problem with those two were that they relied on either random chance or boosting in order to get. Atleast with something like overkill you will get if you're good enough - or maybe lucky enough. A grenade here, a mismatch there, and you can get the achievements. However, certain achievements that are less reliant on skill, and really just collecting certain things, i.e. get x number of kills with y weapon, are just horrible. It can turn some game modes into nothing but boosting playlists. Like COD4's head to head. I don't think anyone uses that playlist for anything other than completing challenges. One example of what achievements can do to certain parts of a game. There's also stuff like at the beginning of Halo 3, Lone Wolves (Ranked Free for All) was full of boosters.

Achivements can make or break games. I'd say it's better to just have them as a way to show others how far into the game you've gone, i.e. for completing the storyline, for beating minigames, for holding a hiscore (I've always wondered why this doesn't exist, there should be an achievement for haing eached the top 10,000 of the hiscores for certain games, this would be a real achievement), for completing a certain number of matches.

BAD idea. Just bad.

How? It actually gives an achievement some merit, and requires some skill.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

How? It actually gives an achievement some merit, and requires some skill.

It's just a no you do not do because they are a waste of space. No merit. Just means that the people that get the game on release or if its not world wide everyone else cant get it.

I was online a couple days ago and I saw a guy with like 600 points in GOW 2. I wish I had the game already. :cry:

how has he got points already?

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I was online a couple days ago and I saw a guy with like 600 points in GOW 2. I wish I had the game already. :cry:

how has he got points already?

Guy stealing from the guys that put the files to disc and it's been leaked ..

11 days [bleep]

I forgot that it's coming out so soon until yesterday, when I had to decide which game's I can buy in the coming weeks. So many to choice...GoW 2 Limited Edition, Little Big Planet, and fallout 3 are what I decided on. If anyone has any person experience with the new SOCOM game let me know what you think? I'm considering getting it but the reviews aren't to promising.

tFtfA.jpg

11 days [bleep]

I forgot that it's coming out so soon until yesterday, when I had to decide which game's I can buy in the coming weeks. So many to choice...GoW 2 Limited Edition, Little Big Planet, and fallout 3 are what I decided on. If anyone has any person experience with the new SOCOM game let me know what you think? I'm considering getting it but the reviews aren't to promising.

Avoid is all I'm getting told with all the updates just to get the game running.

from what i know thats going to be in gears 2,

umm theres going to be new weapons (flamethrower, other i dont quite know)

new characters (i herd they dont die :thumbsup: wasnt happy with Carmine dying in Gears 1)

I herd of you are getting burned by the flame thrower you can get on your knees and beg for mercy

you can crawl away if your downed

i *think* that viecles sp? (tanks, apcs) are going to make it to multiplayer

theres going to be a "horde mode" where i think 5 or 6 people team up to fight AI Locust

plus probably more

theres going to be a lot in this game ::'

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

new characters (i herd they dont die :thumbsup: wasnt happy with Carmine dying in Gears 1)

I disagree, I was ecstatic when the little sono[bleep]un finally kicked off.

Is it the Limited Edition that comes with the model Lancer?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

just wondering how many people can play campaign co-op online at a time with eachother?

and im getting the game tomorrow (1 day before release, i got a hook-up 8-) )

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Hah, my friend is going to the midnight release, then I'll go to his house for a night of Gears. I'll have to pull him away from school, even if he goes kicking and screaming.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

What is needed to play as ALL of the playable characters online?

I'm pretty sure it's:

1. Dom- Beat first level in Gears 1

2. General RAAM-Beat General RAAM-any difficulty right?

3.Kim collect 10 COG tags.

That's all right? Speaking in terms of playable GoW 2 characters that can only be unlocked in GoW 1.

just wondering how many people can play campaign co-op online at a time with eachother?

does anyone know

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

What is needed to play as ALL of the playable characters online?

I'm pretty sure it's:

1. Dom- Beat first level in Gears 1

2. General RAAM-Beat General RAAM-any difficulty right?

3.Kim collect 10 COG tags.

That's all right? Speaking in terms of playable GoW 2 characters that can only be unlocked in GoW 1.

Actually, I think Dom is default, RAAM is beating RAAM on Hardcore (A Dish Best Served Cold) and Kim is 10 COG tags, while the original Carmine is 20 (or the other way around).

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

Couldn't pre order this because my mom want to buy it for Christmas for me. :roll:

I just wanted to see if I could buy the golden codes so I looked online and for a golden lancer and hammerburst one guy has for $77. LOLLERSKATES more money for the gold weapons then the game itself. :lol: :lol: :lol: