job ideas/get rich quick schemes

nickeley102

(an example of a simple, successful scheme)

my friend is spending his summer holidays (southern hemisphere) selling strawberries again, his job is pretty sweet, he works about 5, 5 hour days a week and earns about a fulltime minimum wage pay. one of his hometown friends set this business up and its painfully simple and they are both making a killing.

his friend buys big pellets of strawberries and other berries and makes 5 t-shirts for his 5 employees, the strawberries cost $1 a punnet to buy wholesale and his employees sell them for $2.40. each punnet they sell, they earn $1 and their boss earns $0.40 (the other $1 is cost).

they walk around business's selling their berries with their t shirts on and smiling and the old ladies behind the counter love it, so 15-20 sales an hour is easy. they have one person in all the major centres around so there is no room for me and i will be back at the ice factory again :cry:.

this whole process was quick and easy to set up, and most importantly it didnt require any business savvy brains, just common sense. So (if you dont plan to implement them and are worried about people stealing them) tell me your clever ideas to make money.

mine: i was thinking that if i provide services for cost (i.e. digital photo printing, trailer hire etc) and sell advertising space on this obviously popular service (on the trailers or websites or whatever) it could make money

or creating some sort of package deal like "learn to do a backflip in 5 weeks!" or "5 easy meals for your son/daughter who is moving out!", and selling my nonexistant expertise to people

it doesnt matter if you think they are silly, i think mine are pretty crumby, but at least its not as bad as my friend who is trying to write a childrens song about a monkey wearing pyjamas in the jungle

NICKELEY102.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a teacher who'd bring candy to class for 8th period. I'd grab a handful and try to sell them to my 9th period class for 5 cents each. Unfortunatly my poor business skills and the fact that I had to do it secretly to avoid being confiscated with the 9th period teacher led to me just giving the candy away every time I got it.

I have really bad business skills. If people try to haggle me, I usually end up accepting the haggle because I don't want to lose a sale. I was successful merchanting in Runescape, in part because you don't actually have to see the person. Whenever I try to sell something (usually spare food to friends) I say a certain price is non-negotiable, but in the end I end up lowering my price because the smart customers seem to call my bluffs everytime. It's ridiculous, it's almost like every customer I get is a poker player.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Well now that you mentioned it, freshens my memory.. Back in HS, I was handing out small loans (for extra lunch items, movie tickets, bus fare), like from $5 to $20, charging $2 interest for 1-10 dollars, and $3 for 11-20 dollars or more, with a week to pay. I'd also pay 3 other guys (friends) to collect the money & give them the right to keep the full interest for every 4th loan.

It's not enough to attract attention, and a perfect amount to turn a profit with. I wouldn't even say it's illegal or loan sharking due to the small sums of money circulating. I had some $500 to start with but it grew fast... Very few people didn't pay back (but then, their gym bags might've been 'lost' until they paid)

That strawberry idea isn't bad either. It's awesome there's still some entepreneur-minded, non spoiled kids today ::'

Win the lotto.

How does getting stoned to death as part of a ritual going to make you money? /jk

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Well this is the deal that my friend and I used back in high school that made us great spending money:

We would make a trip up to the local Sam's Club (wholesaler) and buy bulk boxes of candy bars (Snickers, Butterfinger, Crunch) and things of large candy (Airheads, Airheads Sour Ropes, etc.) and sell the candy bars for $1 each and the Airheads for 25 cents. The Airheads Sour Ropes we would sell for $1 also. Seems like a simple plan, but the thing is, our school had a no soliciting policy, same as most schools. The only exception to this policy was when school organized clubs (Spanish Club, Choir, Band, FBLA) would have fundraisers. When they would fund raise, most of them would sell candy bars. They sold the 'fundraiser bar' which was not a name-brand bar. That also made it a bit tricky. Since I had friends in most clubs in the schools, I would have them get my friend and I each one of the fundraiser boxes that kids carried around selling their fundraiser bars in, and my friend and I would put our candy in the boxes. Now the candy bars from Sam's Club were approximately 35 cents per bar, so we're making nearly 70 cents on each bar we sold. In an average week we'd make probably 50-60 extra dollars just because kids knew we were selling the brand name candy bars. A few teachers caught on to us and our scheme, but they just congratulated us on our entrepreneurship. It was an awesome way to make money with almost ZERO work involved. If any of you want to use this method, you surely can. Just make sure to tell me how it goes.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I came up with a great idea that worked brilliantly, I look 18 so I usually get served beer / smokes even though I'm 16. I usually find a bunch of kids outside a shop / supermarket waiting for someone who will go inside and buy some beer / smokes for them. I go inside and wait for about 3 minutes, come back out and tell them the security guard knew what I was doing, the cashier kept the money and security called the police as I was "buying" drink for underaged people.

They quickly run / walk away because they're scared of the police showing up, I pocket the money and walk off happy with my intelligence.

Win the lotto.

How does getting stoned to death as part of a ritual going to make you money? /jk

Lawl at reference.

Just like in RS, there aren't any get rich quick schemes (Except the lotto. Try your luck). Get a job, like the other billions of people that want money.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

I'm doing business studies in school and the best way so far seems to be: Create a Partenership, then provide a service that requires very little cash to put in and pays out pretty well.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

Chicken farming is the best get rich quick scheme. All you need is an egg...but you need a chicken for the egg..but that chicken came from an egg...while the egg came from a chicken....but the chicken which layed the egg used to be an egg itself...but that came from a chicken......

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Paired up with my graffiti artist friend, I'd make shirt designs for people and printed the designs on customers' shirts as well. We each made an easy 1000$, which is when we almost signed a deal with a printing company. Sadly, our mutual friend that was setting up the entire deal completely let us down and we got discouraged and stopped our business. We were going to have a shop downtown and everything, before the trend caught on. Would've made thousands... oh well

hiccup.png

I came up with a great idea that worked brilliantly, I look 18 so I usually get served beer / smokes even though I'm 16. I usually find a bunch of kids outside a shop / supermarket waiting for someone who will go inside and buy some beer / smokes for them. I go inside and wait for about 3 minutes, come back out and tell them the security guard knew what I was doing, the cashier kept the money and security called the police as I was "buying" drink for underaged people.

They quickly run / walk away because they're scared of the police showing up, I pocket the money and walk off happy with my intelligence.

I live almost next door to the post office so I've done that once or twice. The only difference being I get them to wait behind the shop in the car park while I walk into the shop leave and then go into my house. No need for stories, it's pretty immoral but they shouldn't expect me to run the risk of arrest for them and have no chance of reward.

I only get away with it because the kids come from other towns to hang around here so they don't know many people (ie. me) and don't know where I live.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

There's this one soda machine that sometimes spits out an extra soda or two. I usually sell those extras for a dollar (originally being $1.25 at the machine) to my friends or the people around me. Saves them a quarter and cost me 25 cents for a drink! \'

But thats IF the machine drops extras...IF...which is once every four or five. :thumbsup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It sucks, I have a great business mind but i've never actually tried anything. Well scratch that. I don't have a good business mind but i'm good at manipulating people, i.e. talking my little brother down to $25 for his piano when his original offer was $100, and he "wouldn't budge."

And at some TV store I even talked a guy down on this LCD picture thing from $120 to $65, rofl. But part of it was he was desperate to sell it. But still.

wl7w9j.png

I live almost next door to the post office so I've done that once or twice. The only difference being I get them to wait behind the shop in the car park while I walk into the shop leave and then go into my house. No need for stories, it's pretty immoral but they shouldn't expect me to run the risk of arrest for them and have no chance of reward.

I only get away with it because the kids come from other towns to hang around here so they don't know many people (ie. me) and don't know where I live.

Think of it this way, you're confiscating money that would be put towards illegal activity :lol:

Tbh I use the money I take off them to buy the exact same stuff :-w

I made over $100 charging $4 for a parking space in an empty field that we own right down the street from the site of our high school football game last week. Most of it went to a fundraiser in that instance, but I'm seriously considering doing that regularly. Funny thing is, the school that the field is near is the one my school was playing, not mine ;)

p2gq.jpg

Well, my sister and brother always want to borrow money from me, so now I make them sign a little page that says they will pay me back double what they borrow in less than a week. I lent my brother 40$ for booze last night. ^.^

Well, there was a traffic jam. I made up a cart, and sold water for $1/bottle. It cost me 12 cents per bottle. $100 made when i was about 8-9 year old in an hour

I hear privateering gives substantial rewards. And it helps reduce global warming.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

So a box of stride at Sams Club costs $8.50 for 12 packs. I was thinking about selling these to my friends for $1 each. My friends love gum too. I was wondering if $1.25-$2 would be a better price for me, or just be annoying because of the quaters involved?

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I hear privateering gives substantial rewards. And it helps reduce global warming.

yes, yes, very characteristic vladimir

i think internet business arent necessarily a bad thing, they typically dont take much money and its the type of thing you can keep trying until you find something that works, or until you have 10 or so making you a little each.

i liked that milliondollarhomepage one, and drawball of course.

sounds like people are just into upselling food and loans.

NICKELEY102.png