Will kebab be used when PKing in F2P?Conclusion P.5!

Dire_Wolf

You keep saying they can also boost your stats like it's this wonderful awesome cure-all.

You even said it yourself: they can give you -3 to your stats, and a +2 to your stats. So if you get a stat lowering, then a stat raising, that's still leaving you at a -1 in whatever stat (assuming they even affect the same stat)

I don't see how the magical +2 boost at complete random to any stat justifies -3 in any stat.

No i am not saying it to justify for the -3, i am just saying it can go both ways and that the damaged stats and boosted rarely happens.

Even if you get -3 in a single skill: it might not be combat skill. I got damaged agil + fletching lol, and you can ask yourself: what would those be good for when pking.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they're very practical for PKing. However, they might be a good training food. I'll have to try it out.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

READ THE AMAZING KEBAB GUIDE

It's just that guide was made by verie bad, and he actually ate zounds of the stuff! kebabs ftw!

Can't you take the topic seriously?

If you had been reading this guide, there would not have been a discussion about this, it is an older "forgotten" guide.... perhaps time for you to read it and take my reply serious

Oh ok, i thought you were posting a off topic post. But sorry for that, my bad. Well anyhow at the moment i don't need to read the guide to know about kebabs ;) Thanks though.

But 3 rounds of testing them really takes time. #-o

I don't think f2p would use them because they can also heal nothing, as well as hurting your stats, so. Maybe they're good for training on in f2p but certainly not pking.

True True, but what's not true:

- They can also boost your stats

- Getting healed 0 is as rare as getting healed 30.

or just talk to the guy who at one time had 90,000 kebabs

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Well I love kebabs when I train. Personally, I have over 4000 banked. I use em for spiders, fleshies and mossies.

But to rely on luck and randomness while pking is not something i would like to do. Imagine you're pking with full rune (g) (as many ppl do in high lvl BH and fight no armour). You're carrying close to 1.8M (i think). Would you really like to rely on luck. I mean sure you could go from 10-70 HP in 2 bites but you could also get owned because your kebab didnt heal enough.

It just doesn't work. So what if they're only 1g? If they end up getting you killed, causing you to lose several 1000's worth of gold, you're not exactly saving money.

Especially if you have like 15-30 hp, if you get a bad, damaging kebab twice in a row, you're pretty much done for.

Seriously, just ask this guy how well kebabs worked for him:

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... iefga1.jpg

That's an old screenshot. It's obviously on f2p, and it happened ages ago when the regular dfire shields were called dragonfire instead of "anti-dragonfire". That's not a dfs.

That's an old screenshot. It's obviously on f2p, and it happened ages ago when the regular dfire shields were called dragonfire instead of "anti-dragonfire". That's not a dfs.

Well, yeah. It's a plain ol' kill on some 3-itemer in level 47 wildy. Of course it's old :P but it's not like kebabs are entirely more awesome now than they were back then.

The only thing they could be useful for would be junk food. Like when you bank with low hp, you use junk food to heal instead of lobs. Kebabs aren't too convenient though because it takes a long time to buy them one at a time.

It just doesn't work. So what if they're only 1g? If they end up getting you killed, causing you to lose several 1000's worth of gold, you're not exactly saving money.

Especially if you have like 15-30 hp, if you get a bad, damaging kebab twice in a row, you're pretty much done for.

Seriously, just ask this guy how well kebabs worked for him:

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... iefga1.jpg

Oh ok, well too bad for that guy. But i am sure theirs plenty screenshots of people dieing with other food. Unless you can explain kebab didn't heal him then that screenshot says nothing. I can eat 3 food in 1 go, so kebab not healing me won't occur as often.

Well I love kebabs when I train. Personally, I have over 4000 banked. I use em for spiders, fleshies and mossies.

But to rely on luck and randomness while pking is not something i would like to do. Imagine you're pking with full rune (g) (as many ppl do in high lvl BH and fight no armour). You're carrying close to 1.8M (i think). Would you really like to rely on luck. I mean sure you could go from 10-70 HP in 2 bites but you could also get owned because your kebab didnt heal enough.

Pking with high value items with kebab says it all: you shouldn't be doing it. Why do it when regular rune set works the same?

Losing teh whip because of a bad health recover just to save 8k on food is definately not for the win.

F2P not P2P, read title

Anyhow i will test them out when PVP comes ;)

I don't think so, they're not very consistent. If I were Pking and was in need of healing, I don't wanna say "C'mon, heal 19!" or "Please don't be a bad one!" I want to know exactly how much I'll heal each time. Basically, I don't like things being left to chance, especially with Pking. So, no, I don't think that kebabs will be used in PVP worlds.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Well, yeah. It's a plain ol' kill on some 3-itemer in level 47 wildy. Of course it's old :P but it's not like kebabs are entirely more awesome now than they were back then.

Oh I know they're not, I was just prempting all the "omg what a nub he pked with a dfs using kebabs".

Solution: don't carry an entire inventory of kebabs, only one or two rows...

How would that fix anything?

Mixing food is very helpful in F2P PvP... I was just pointing out that you don't have to carry an inv of the same food. It fixes the "I don't want to depend on luck that much" factor in considering kebabs as a PKing food.

MSSW4TI.png

Haha, can you imagine the cries of "SAFER!1!" if you were to get lucky and eat a bunch of 30-hp kebabs in a row? :lol:

I think it's pretty obvious that kebabs aren't a very good option if you're pking "for real", but if you're extremely poor or are one of those people who, for some reason, take salmon/tuna while pking, I guess this could be considered an upgrade.

Round 1

[hide=]9

total - 292[/hide]

Round 2

[hide=]0

total - 329[/hide]

Round 3

[hide=]18

total - 305[/hide]

Round 4

[hide=]0

total - 255[/hide]

Round 5

[hide=]0

total - 232[/hide]

Round 6

[hide=]0

total - 262[/hide]

Round 7

[hide=]9

total - 273[/hide]

Round 8

[hide=]9

total - 319[/hide]

Round 9

[hide=]9

total - 280[/hide]

Next two hide tags are statistical analysis

[hide=]no. of trials - 225

mean - 11.32

mode - 9

median - probably 9 (not organized from lowest to highest yet)

range - 29[/hide]

[hide=]class -----Frequency ------Relative Frequency

0-4 -------------- 28 ---------------- 12.4%

5-9 ---------------129 ---------------- 57.3%

10-14 ------------- 7 ----------------- 3.1%

15-19 ------------- 48 ---------------- 21.3%

20-24 ------------- 0 ----------------- 0%

25-29 ------------- 13 ---------------- 5.7...8%

30+ --------------- 0 ----------------- 0%[/hide]

Other food for reference

[hide=]25 spaces used in calculations

Trout - 7 - 175

salmon - 9 - 225

tuna - 10 - 250

lobster - 12 - 300

swordfish - 14 - 350

anchovy pizza - 18 - 450[/hide]

As an alternative to pking, kebabs are quite viable, but due to their randomness it is doubtful it will be used for such in many cases, if one is going after people 10-20 levels below themselves then it is a distinct probability. I am not too sure though, but seeing the trials that are on the first page and here have convinced me that it is worth a shot as player hunting food. I just recently bought around 10,000 of the stuff so the data that comes out on the stuff should be rather interesting.

In the Grand Exchange it only costs 46-50 gp to buy, so it even makes it a cheaper alternative to using salmon.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.