whats so bad about the quest cape?

akwardsaw5

im not saying any thing bad about skillcapes since i have failed 3 times at getting one, but i hate it when people with skill capes(slayer, mage and such) say quests capes "are teh noobz".

i mean really, what does your skillcape say? that you are rich, and have a lot of patience? the quest cape says you have REAL skill, like puzzle solving, strategy, the time to raise levels that you dont want to raise*cough smithing cough* and the proof that you have decent all-round skill level. Plus i did about 75% of my quests WITHOUT a guide.

keeping the quest cape is a constant battle. there are two quests that come out a month, plus that huge one thats coming out next year. and once you get a skill cape, your most likley done with that skill(unless its like range, summoning, magic ect).

i bet that a lot of people who have a fletching cape or cooking cape can not finish quests like "dream mentor" or "CONTACT!" (dont go saying that you can, im sure you could if you tried, my point is just that you have to have high cb, and strategy/timing)

dont get me wrong though, i have deep respect for those who have 99 skills, they put them self through extreme boredom to get their goal, wich i can not do

i'll fix the grammer and spelling later.. haha

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are a easy cape to get compared to most 99's....which would put them in the same category as the cooking, fletching capes. I personally do not have one, quests are boring. Doesn't mean i couldn't finish my last 25 quests in 3 days lol. I see them all as "noob" capes, just my opinion.

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

theres nothing wrong with quest capes, there an achievement. They dont really rank up as high as other achievement capes but that doesnt mean there not still an achievement. I wouldnt say there nooby at all, some of the quests are difficult and have reasonably high requirements.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

theres no way you can do 25 quests in 3 days. even with a guide, it would take atleast a month or so.

most quests are really funny and i would almost do any thing to do them again. plus the great rewards.

the quest cape has to be one of the hardest capes to get, other then rcing and slayer

I fully agree, the quest cape is really hard to get compared to most other skills. But it was worse before, the respect for the quest cape rises the more hard quests that come out.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Doing mornings end part 2 with out a guide :ohnoes:

OT: Quest capes are good capes to have, i think every skillcape should have equal status. There will always be east/hard skills cheap/expencive. Makes the game more fun than every skill being the same diffulticy and cost.

Can't wait till the BIG quest comes out :thumbsup:

most quests are really funny and i would almost do any thing to do them again. plus the great rewards.

All the new more recent quests have more humour in them. :D

swordfight2.png

swordfight2.png

Quest Cape - Combat 94, Done Grandmaster Quest - 27/11/08, Combat 115

Godwars: 1 Sara hilt, 1 Bandos hilt, Bandos boots, 2x Steam battlestaff, Zammy spear, 6 Shards.

Dks: 1 worrior, 1 axe

They're not easy like cooking and fletching( :lol: ) but they're only a bit high than them. Personally I respect them because you have to keep working at it forever. :thumbup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Doing mornings end part 2 with out a guide

yes. it was hell. :wall:

All the new more recent quests have more humour in them.

haha, i cant remeber wich one but it was the one that you find bob for the guy in burthope.. the ending cut scene was the best haha..(its an old quest, the one where you get the up-graded cat speaking ammy)

Quest cape is better as you need to raise skills that you normaly wouldnt in dangerous places like wildy agility course (bad rev knight bad rev knight) and it takes more time.

And it involves fighting high level monsters that non-questers will never be able to fight unless they quest

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

See, the problem is that most high level players already have done the majority of the quests, if only for the 175 points of RFD. I've got over 200 points, and every difficult quest done except MEPII, but I have no intention of doing the last few quests for the cape. I see no point; given that I could get the cape in a couple of days of hard questing after MEPII, I don't see it as an achievement to be compared to a 99, even in cooking. Besides that, no prayer bonus from quest cape. Jagex needs to get that achievement cape out there...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I a world where people say "quests are boring", we questers take pride for actually engrossing ourselves in the storyline.

Besides, I'd rather be able to make my deaths and only cast ice burst, than have ice barrage and have to buy literally all of my equipment. \'

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Well considering the fact that i have a quest cape i would say that it is in itself its own quest. There are few things more annoying then logging in one day and having your quest cape ripped of your back. Most people dont understand that leveling skills that you dont like isn't fun. And if they leveled say cooking to level 99 just for the sake of leveling it to 99, then that isn't an acheivement, its merely a task. The biggest problem is that human nature is to make fun of something that is worse then you. If they have a 99 cape, then they are going to think that they are better then you. Truth is, they are only showing that they are too lazy to do something themselves.

Qp cape achieved 2/17/08, 99 strength achieved 7/8/09, 99 attack achieved 5/28/10, 99 hitpoints achieved 8/22/10

Rskellington.png

I have both a quest cape (well, that's to say, have yet to do the last 2/3 quests to reactivate it) and one of the harder skill capes. I remember spending a LOT of time on quests when I first became a member... The thing is, for those 99 RC'ers and slayers out there, questing was a loooong time ago. They've forgotten how it was to catch up on the quests and quite frankly, few have any idea what a task it is to have to start questing from zero nowadays.

But because players usually quest a lot when they are at a lowish level, it is looked down upon as something for the lower levels. And whichever way you look at it, the time investment for a quest cape is really nothing compared to getting 99 RC...

I personally respect a Quest Cape over most of the skillcapes. Why? Some Quests are really hard to do. You must do a new quest every month to keep your cape. You must train some really annoying skills to do some Quests...

*cough* smithing *cough* Rocking Out *cough*

...and Quests aren't just monotonous clicking like some skills (though this might make Quest Cape a bit easier to get, lol).

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Nothing is bad about it, it just is not looked upon as a skill obviously, so it is deemed "nooby", whilist it takes more thinking then any 99 :geek:

• 2 weeks later...
I hate it when people with skill capes(slayer, mage and such) say quests capes "are teh noobz".

Lol, welcome to the Internet, and btw, it's not just with skillcapes, people do things like this with almost anything.

E.g "Hey guthix noob, sara pwnz u!"

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Lol, personally, I prefer a questcape over any skillcape (exlcuding slayer/rcing) due to the mentioned facts that they are time consuming (if you add up all the time it took to do all those quests, I'd wouldn't equal the time taken to get a 99 but it would be alot of time nevertheless), you need to level those skills you don't even fart on (smithing and crafting <--- hate it) etc.

Butttttttt, if I got any skillcape (quest cape or not) I'd boast it until my pixelated character could go no more.

Nothings bad about the quest cape, it's just that people have their opinions about stuff and you just gotta respect that... or not.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Quest cape is not hard to get, you do know that? The hardest puzzles aren't that complicated, and the requirements aren't too difficult to get either. A well rounded character already has most of the requirements just from playing normally. Not to mention it's a very common cape, you see it just about everywhere, it isn't special. A slayer, mage, herblore, prayer, or w/e cape, on the other hand truly is something to be proud of.

2480+ total

Quest cape is better as you need to raise skills that you normaly wouldnt in dangerous places like wildy agility course (bad rev knight bad rev knight) and it takes more time.

And it involves fighting high level monsters that non-questers will never be able to fight unless they quest

Considering the fact that quest capes are far more frequent than many of the other capes I'm going to have to disagree.

Sure, there may be multiple requirements and some "difficult" boss fights but the key difference is variety.

Variety is what makes quests in rs one of my absolute favorite features in rs. Every quest is unique, every quest has you do something interesting. They are awesome, unfortunately because they rule so much, it's not hard to find motivation to get them all done. Hell, I did them all before the quest cape came out because they were simply fun to do. If that wasn't enough, each quest has it's own reward.

Now, training a skill to 99? That's not fun, it's boring and tedious. Therefore, someone who can torture them self long enough to get one will get more respect.

So in the end, more people will have the quest cape because it's actually fun to get, therefore seeing someone with a quest cape is "yet another person who managed to do all quests", nothing special. Skills on the other hand are held by few (cooking and fletching and all easy capes are obviously disqualified for being too easy and even more of a common sight than qp cape) and thus get more respect.

So basically, qp cape gets less respect for being too awesome.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

The quest cape wasn't hard to get but very fun :)

My quest cape came from doing a few quests every few weeks, so I can't really say if it was diffucult or not...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Reading quest guides is not skill, sorry. It takes a lot more time and dedication to get a 99 than a quest cape.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.