Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

287 (Am I the only person to have read and put that part in my post?)

Nice to see you back on tip.it. No, your not, I think some people caught wind of it when it was in the earlier replies :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this is almost painful. The amount of stupid posts that have built up is what I am talking about. What is also noticeable is people still think Armoured Zombies are incontravertibly faster. Just to recap this is from where I replied with information about tasks I logged rates for:

[hide=Quote]

I actually want to change the numbers I discussed earlier in this thread. Most of them were just guesses really than real rates. I have been doing Slayer recently and have logged all of the 72 tasks I have done so far. As a sidenote, I also went from 84 Slayer to 87, will ahve 88 soon ::' . I also level'd Attacl/Strength/Defence/Range up by one. I have blocked Hellhounds, Greater Demons, Iron and Steel Dragons, and I cancel Warped Terrorbirds, Goraks and Kalphites. The blocked tasks give low experience rates (although Iron Dragons are faster than Skeletal Wyverns, and all are faster than Mithril Dragons), Terrorbirds are great experience, but I just don't like them. Goraks also good experience but no good drops or charms, and Kalphites are always packed in my experience.

Also note I use superhuman strength as a minimum on every task, on some tasks I instead used piety. Those tasks are Waterfiends, Skeletal Wyverns and Mithril Dragons (although I did use it on one task of Abyssal Demons, and still profited). I use a cannon on only 6 tasks, these are; Aberrant Spectres, Bloodvelds, Dagannoths, Fire Giants, Scabarites and Suqahs. Also note that my rates are gotten from having done 3-9 tasks for each NPC except for Fire Giants where I only have the one.

The rates I have been getting far exceed what I had originally said. I had originally said that the rate for Slayer per hour was about 22.5k. Over the course of these 72 tasks, I have been averaging 30.8k per hour. For melee experience per hour I originally stated it was 65k (although at the time i said I believed it was higher), I am currently averaging 75.6k per hour. Hitpoints branchs off of that and I am getting 26.7k per hour. I said Range was 12.5k (for no other reason than it combining with 65k melee experience to add up to 22.5k Slayer xp/h), I am currently averaging 30.5k per hour. All of that experience comes from either my cannon, or Geyser Titan. Finally, I originally said Summoning was about 18k per hour, I am currently averaging 31.3k per hour. It will be lower for some people as I am using the average experience for me for crimson charms (i.e from 89-99 Summoning, which is about 406.4 per crimson).

That all adds up to 194.9k Overall experience per hour, or 164.1k if you exclude Slayer (for whatever reason). I also am currently making a profit of 12.5k per hour (I am so rich! :lol: ). However, the average time per task for me is 34:40 approximately. This means I am completeing 1.73 tasks per hour, for 41.6 Slayer points per hour, for 1.2 Slayer Dart Packages, for 93.5k per hour. That all adds up to making 106k per hour of profit. This profit can be increased in certain areas for a reduction in experience. For example, instead of killing Fire Giants in the Waterfall with a cannon, you could use a combat familiar in the Chaos Tunnels. That would make that task profit and hence increase the average profit rate. Also, while I am not entirely sure on this since I am not 90+ Slayer, Dark Beasts might profit and also result in a higher profit. Also according to Zarfot's guide it gets 32.6k Slayer experience per hour, so it results in a higher average experience per hour.

Using these numbers compared to what you say the rate is at Armoured Zombies (103k melee experience per hour and 190k profit, I used 9k per hour for Summoning experience also), we can see what is needed for Slayer to be more efficient. Making a comparison with only combat experience (i.e no Slayer experience) the comparison is 146.3k experience with 190k profit to 164.1k experience and 106k profit. This makes the profit required for Slayer to be efficient to be 776.7k per hour. So already it is possible for Slayer to be more efficient.

If you value Slayer experience (and in my opinion, I see no reason why wouldn't), then the comparison is essentially the same but with 194.9k experience per hour with Slayer. This makes the profit required for Slayer to be more efficient as 337k. That amount is easily attainable.

In short, how can Slayer 'suck' for combat experience if it averages 17.7k more combat experience per hour than Armoured Zombies. Not to mention that you get a decent amount of profit and the Slayer experience you get also.

[/hide]

Also here was the picture I posted:

[hide=Picture]SlayerTable.png[/hide]

There have been many people saying it is worse money, experience and charms. Why people say charms I have absolutely no idea, 9k Summoning experience worth of charms per hour at Armoured Zombies.... you're right! That is so unbeatable. The 31.2k I get from doing Slayer is entirely irrelevant (even at lower levels it is still high). When Slaying efficiently, it is more combat experience per hour, and even more overall experience per hour. The profit is about 80k at the most less than Zombies per hour.

For the difference between Magic and Melee experience, i'm not sure what compfreak847 identifies by his definition of 'hard'. The difference is 50k experience compared to Magic's 126k (that is what I was getting Barraging Rock Lobsters). However there is also the difference in profit of 190k for melee (compfreak's rate) and -972k for Magic (approx). For the record, charms don't cancel out the cost of Barraging in my opinion. There is no set worth for charms, there is an approximate cost but that is all and that is dependant on method. The point is, going simply by experience and profit, unless you make over about 1.6mil per hour, the melee experience gained at Zombies is more efficient to get than the Magic experience at Lobsters.

As for familiars, these are of course worth using. The argument that you don't get a Wolpertinger till the last few levels doesn't really work. You gain Summoning and Slayer experience at essentially the same rate, hence gettting 92 at the same time. Still halfway to 99. Up until then there are other combat familiars worth using.

Also to compfreak847, your listing of the only tasks they can be used on is (in my opinion) pathetic. Not for the amount, but that you actually believe that combat familiars are not worth using. Going through the list of tasks, you say a Macaw is best for Spectres. If I wanted I could bank midway through the task to drop off herbs (and with slayer ring it doesn't take that long really), I prefer to simply do it in one trip for the faster experience. That doesn't make either way necessarily better as i'm not sure how much experience was from my familiar or how much of an impact a macaw has. Abyssal Demons you can't use a combat familiar at anyway so a Unicorn is the best option although not entirely needed.

With Black Demons in Chaos tunnels I get about 10k experience directly from my Geyser Titan. With the fix of drop rates of charms for the other graphical types of them, Taverly is now an option to kill them at. This will make the Geyser have a greater effect and hence even more experience. Black Dragons I get 11.2k from the Geyser. Bloodvelds I don't know the amount, but that doesn't mean it is worthless. You say it is outshone by the cannon, but that does not mean that a familiar can no longer help. Not to mention no other type of familiar can help, what better choice than the help of a familiar? Dagannoths, again I do not know, and again the same reasoning as for Bloodvelds. It will have a pretty decent effect considering you are always being attacked, hence it is always attacking. Length of task is irrelevant as it will still correlate into a sizeable xp/h. I personally don't use them at Dust Devils, but that a Geyser will get about 10k experience (from Zarfot's guide). Fire Giants I am not sure on. Atm I cannon them in the Waterfall so no combat familiar. However using one in the chaos tunnels will get slower experience, unless maybe if you have a Iron/Steel Titan.

At Gargoyles I don't see how you can believe that you need a Unicorn. Using a Unicorn I rarely need to use the scrolls to heal, a small amount of food and a SGS suffices. Mith Dragons aren't multi. Nechryaels are a great task to use a combat familiar on, I get about 11.2k with my Geyser. At Scabarites, a task can easily be done with only food, so a Geyser will help alot. Wyverns aren't multi and at Spiritual Mages I get about 7.8k with a Geyser. Suqahs are good for it also and Waterfiends aren't multi. Every task not mentioned I don't do.

ydrasil.png

I am still waiting for details on your numbers; last time you posted a cryptic chart with incomplete information, and promptly vanished. Charms were being compared to Waterfiends, me and kent's calculations are on a different thread. I find the familiars almost worthless at various task for the aforementioned reasons. A macaw has a huge impact on the herb drops, and I found the geyser titan's effects minimal compared to the cannon. A cannon makes for a very fast task and quick kills, preventing the summon from 'locking' onto a task. Black demons are a huge pain with prayer, as your are forced to use it or go to the extremely cramped area on the west side of the tunnels. Ditto applies to bloodvields. Dust devils are about the only task I use a combat familiar on. I have a hard time with gargoyles; what's your outfit? My proslete never seems to stop their attacks very well. I couldn't see myself doing nechs without a unicorn. Abyssal demons are a bunyip monster. Suqahs are very fast, and the respawn rate is the main limiting factor.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Impossible at many monsters like Demons and Gargoyles. Your arguing a 'rough estimate' (AKA wild guess) verses collected data. Supplementing food is a bad idea when space is at a premium, and I burn through far more then 'a little supplemented food' the tasks mentioned.

Impossible? I assume that you've never tried it, as you stated yourself that you use healing familiars. Space is only ever a problem for me on tasks like Terrorbirds and Waterfiends.

Our problem seems to be that we utilize different methods when slaying. You take the more relaxed, slower route, while I opt for maximum speed and efficiency. Neither of us have provided data, so we're both basing our opinions on personal experience. Ydrasil (praise the gods you're here) can hopefully shed some statistical light on this debate.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Impossible at many monsters like Demons and Gargoyles. Your arguing a 'rough estimate' (AKA wild guess) verses collected data. Supplementing food is a bad idea when space is at a premium, and I burn through far more then 'a little supplemented food' the tasks mentioned.

Impossible? I assume that you've never tried it, as you stated yourself that you use healing familiars.

Unicorn takes 1-2 spaces when a Titan takes more.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Impossible? I assume that you've never tried it, as you stated yourself that you use healing familiars.

Two, titans take four. As I've stated a few posts up, it's easy to keep your familiar from dancing. You're welcomed to read my posts and find my explanation.

dgs5.jpg

Ok morning if you are implying that slayer is better xp then non slayer you are the biggest hypocrite in this forum board.

That's a question you need to ask yourself. If you decide that you care about total levels; train slayer.

Again, that depends on how much you value Slayer experience and total levels.

Of course you will, but if you care about total levels, you're better off training Slayer to 83, then killing green dragons to your heart's content. If you don't care, as I've stated, stick to dragons. Not that you have a choice.

We are, and that depends on whether or not you place value on Slayer experience, and what your goals are. If you could care less about Slayer and you never plan on training it, go kill some dragons.

If you don't care about total levels, don't train Slayer. Simple.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Ok morning if you are implying that slayer is better xp then non slayer you are the biggest hypocrite in this forum board.

That's a question you need to ask yourself. If you decide that you care about total levels; train slayer.

Again, that depends on how much you value Slayer experience and total levels.

Of course you will, but if you care about total levels, you're better off training Slayer to 83, then killing green dragons to your heart's content. If you don't care, as I've stated, stick to dragons. Not that you have a choice.

We are, and that depends on whether or not you place value on Slayer experience, and what your goals are. If you could care less about Slayer and you never plan on training it, go kill some dragons.

If you don't care about total levels, don't train Slayer. Simple.

I've never once implied that Slayer is better melee experience than Armored Zombies, but I feel sort of loved that you went through my posts like that.

dgs5.jpg

287, Time for my two cents!

#1 Slayer does indeed suck if you are considering just training combat.

#2 Some people lack the patience to sit for hours at armoured zombies/zombie monkeys.

#3 For the above people slayer provides a solution to their A.D.H.D. by forcing them to switch the monster they are killing every hundred or so kills.

So for people who can't stand sitting at one site for a long time (2+ hours) slayer is a good way of leveling combat, because otherwise they would simply get bored and stop playing (and no playing = no experience). In essence it is good combat training for them because it keeps them doing combat for hours straight, whereas if they were to be sitting at one monster they would get bored and leave.

I personally can do either, and only level slayer because I want to get every skill above 70.

But yes, for all the points you put into your first post I agree that slayer does indeed suck.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

While I do agree that most your arguments are valid, the main reason people suggest slayer, is because it's the only way to get slayer exp ...

If you are planning on EVER leveling slayer, train combat with slayer.

If you don't care that you can't kill abyssal demons, then slayer would indeed be a stupid choice.

Personally, I'm going for 99 slayer. And by the time I get there I'll have maxed combat for sure... Maxed combat isn't the goal, it's a bonus!

Slayer is simply an expensive skill, costing you a lot of time ... Your analysis doesn't prove Slayer is bad; it proves slayer exp is hard to get.

I guess that's why Slayer is the coolest 99 cape ;) .

Yes, but why train slayer for the hell of training slayer? Why is it a skill that is only effective as something to add an extra 99 to the skill level cap?

You can make that argument for a lot of skills.

dgs5.jpg

First of all, I have to add this:

Ydrasil (praise the gods you're here) can hopefully shed some statistical light on this debate.

Yah someone thinks what I say matters :lol: .

I am still waiting for details on your numbers; last time you posted a cryptic chart with incomplete information, and promptly vanished. Charms were being compared to Waterfiends, me and kent's calculations are on a different thread. I find the familiars almost worthless at various task for the aforementioned reasons. A macaw has a huge impact on the herb drops, and I found the geyser titan's effects minimal compared to the cannon. A cannon makes for a very fast task and quick kills, preventing the summon from 'locking' onto a task. Black demons are a huge pain with prayer, as your are forced to use it or go to the extremely cramped area on the west side of the tunnels. Ditto applies to bloodvields. Dust devils are about the only task I use a combat familiar on. I have a hard time with gargoyles; what's your outfit? My proslete never seems to stop their attacks very well. I couldn't see myself doing nechs without a unicorn. Abyssal demons are a bunyip monster. Suqahs are very fast, and the respawn rate is the main limiting factor.

Please explain what you mean by details and how they are cryptic (maybe you don't know what cryptic actually means?). You also imply that I posted all that and left without adding anything to it. All someone has to do is look back to that page and the next and can see that is not the case. You asked a few questions, which I answered (not to mention your replies indicated that you didn't actually read what I posted properly). After it was just that you couldn't 'swallow' the rates I was showing. Finally for the last nail in the coffin you posted this on the next page (which shows you understood it, so it wasn't cryptic. Also note that you never asked for anymore information on my rates after this point, so what were these so called details that were missing that were not missing the first time?):

Looks fairly good, I can make a similar thing. Your profit is being thrown off by tasks like demons\spirit mages\mithril dragons, though.

I have mentioned every task I do and don't do, I mention which tasks I use which prayer on, I mention which tasks I use a cannon on, I have also shown that my rates are pretty accurate averages from the amount of time each was assigned. Hundreds of tasks would be more accurate, but you could hardly say the rates supplied are out by much. I mentioned in words what I am averaging overall for each skill, and the table shows the same thing, but more information of each task individually. So what detail am I missing? Every quesion you previously asked I had answered, so obviously I wasn't missing the detail then. The only things I can think of is the outfit I wear (which I posted many many times earlier in the thread).

I don't see what you mean by charms being compared to Waterfiends, (as in which part you are specifically referring to in my post). In another thread of yours you posted in general guides on bursting Rock Lobsters I responded there and showed my numbers which was that barrage is more efficient than burst. I also posted barrage in comparison to Waterfiends, and that Waterfiends is more efficient.

You find combat familiars almost worthless, but your reasons are opinionated and untrue in most cases. Such as saying on tasks with a cannon they are especially worthless due to the cannon. The familiar only has to be attacking one NPC and they immediately being used to their full potential. It doesn't matter if the cannon is attacking and killing 10 others, and that you are killing them also, the familiar can only attack one at a time and it does that all the time. The most simple way to explain they aren't worthless is that on tasks where you can get by without needing to bank for more food, why would you not utilize the faster experience gained by having a combat familiar.

I fail to see how Black Demons are a huge pain with prayer. Your are forced to use it or go on the west side of the chaos tunnels.... wait what?!?! It is a pain to use prayer because you will have to use it!?!!?! Z0MG!!! I have no idea how that applies to Bloodvelds either. With Gargoyles, I don't use proselyte, that is more than likely your problem. On a tasks of these you should only wear proselyte if you are using piety, and if thats the case the +25% Defence more than compensates in my experience. As for what I wear, it is simple really and only changes slightly depending on task. Bandos armour, Fire Cape, Slayer Helm, Dragon Boots, Fury, Whip, Rune Defender, Berserker Ring, "Barrows" Gloves. That is my standard outfit. If I am fighting Dragons, the Defender switches to a DFS. If it is a task of Gargoyles or Waterfiends, I swap to a Saradomin Sword, and with Waterfiends I also swap to Karil's armour. On tasks where I have a protection prayer on all the time I have prayer bonus increasing armour on (but not always). Such as Proselyte top and bottom for Black Demons, Proselyte top and Zamorak Robe Bottoms for Spiritual Mages. At Mithril Dragons I use piety and protection prayer but I use my standard outfit still, same as at Wyverns.

You reasoning for not using a combat familiar at Nechryaels, is that you couldn't see yourself doing it? What does that really mean? That you have grown accustomed to the Unicorn and don't want to swap to a combat familiar? I have more than enough Hitpoints from sources other than a Unicorn to sustain me the entire task, so why would I give up the increased experience of my Geyser Titan? Abyssal Demons you can use either a Bunyip or Unicorn, either will suffice, I already mentioned this. Suqahs are indeed fast but that does not make a combat familiar worthless. Even if what you say is true about the respawns being the limiting factor. That means the time from this task comes from waiting for spawns correct? Since that cannot be changed, why not increase the rate at which you can kill Suqahs to make the task even faster? Come on, seriously, your reasoning for not using a combat familiar on almost any task is based on fallacies. They are shown wrong by simple observation of using a combat familiar.

Unicorn requires a pouch and scrolls, maybe 2 pouches depending on task length. This means it will only take up one or two spaces (as you summon one of them at the start of task opening the inven space). A Geyser Titan requires a pouch (which you summon at the start of a task), and as such used up no inventory space on task. How on earth do you work out a Geyser requires more? You only ever need the one pouch (except on longer tasks of Mages when it may die, and in that case inventory space is not an issue). So that point is... pointless.

ydrasil.png

Meh black demons are not really worth using combat familiar, at 1500+ worlds in CT I can kill them faster than the next one spawns. And combat familiar messes up my afk position. ::'

Black demon now = Cannon in taverly \'

And about the comparing 50k melee xp to 180k magic xp.

Why is melee only 50k?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I meant area spaces.

Ah ok. Now that makes even less sense to me though. What does how much area the familiar take up have to do with anything? Not to mention they both take up 4 anyway (unless I am not remembering correctly).

Meh black demons are not really worth using combat familiar, at 1500+ worlds in CT I can kill them faster than the next one spawns. And combat familiar messes up my afk position. ::'

Black demon now = Cannon in taverly \'

And about the comparing 50k melee xp to 180k magic xp.

Why is melee only 50k?

While is is true at chaos tunnels, even in full worlds you can them faster than the next one spawns, that does not make a combat familiar worthless. Faster kills means overall it will spawn again sooner than without a familiar. I know that isn't phrased the best as the spawn time is essentially a constant. An example of what I mean is without a familiar you kill in 20 seconds, in then respawns in say 30. With a familiar you kill in 15 and it respawns in 30. So while it takes the same time to respawn, you are still going to be getting experience at a faster rate, and as such a combat familiar is always worth using (especially seeing as the cost of a pouch is so small, it would be foolish not to utilize them).

With the 50k melee experience, compfreak847 is referring to the fact that melee requires two skills to train compared to Magic having only one (Attack+Strength vs Magic). I guess it is also possible to argue it is three skills, as the majority of players train Defence via melee.

ydrasil.png

By "details" on your numbers, I mean:

What are you using for timing on banking\getting a new task? Is this standardized, or are you varying it for every task?

What are you doing about rare drops? Are they being ignored in the profit calculations, then added back in using the much more reliable drop rates of other slayers?

Those are my two main points at the moment, I'll raise more minor ones once those are answered.

I have giving my opinion on combat familiars. In a small, cramped space like Gargoyles and Black demons, they tend to dance too much to do any significant good. The cannon part isn't an opinion - if I can do a dagganoth task in 20 minutes, the XP from a familiar is a lot smaller then, say, a 45 minute task. So you can't just lump together familiar XP from various tasks. Prayer itself implies it is a pain, pots make inventory management more difficult and occasionally require two banking trips. It also means fighting in the more crowded east side of the tunnels, sometimes requiring several world hops to get an empty world. Nechs hit a considerable amount, like other of the monsters I mentioned - it would be much more difficult to do them without a healing familiar.

Basically, I believe that the huge benefit of healers\BOBs simply outweighs the extra XP in many situations.

DeviledEgg24.png

I have giving my opinion on combat familiars. In a small, cramped space like Gargoyles and Black demons, they tend to dance too much to do any significant good. The cannon part isn't an opinion - if I can do a dagganoth task in 20 minutes, the XP from a familiar is a lot smaller then, say, a 45 minute task. So you can't just lump together familiar XP from various tasks. Prayer itself implies it is a pain, pots make inventory management more difficult and occasionally require two banking trips. It also means fighting in the more crowded east side of the tunnels, sometimes requiring several world hops to get an empty world. Nechs hit a considerable amount, like other of the monsters I mentioned - it would be much more difficult to do them without a healing familiar.

Basically, I believe that the huge benefit of healers\BOBs simply outweighs the extra XP in many situations.

Well there you have it. We've been arguing over your opinion rather than the facts.

dgs5.jpg

How many different tasks does dudreal/lapalok assign?

Aberrant spectres

Abyssal demon

Black demon

Black dragon

Bloodveld

Dagannoth

Dust devil

Fire giant

Gargoyle

Gorak

Greater demon

Hellhound

Iron dragon

Kalphite

Nechryael

Scabarites

Skeletal Wyvern

Spiritual Mage

Steel dragon

Suqah

Warped terrorbird

Waterfiend

Say 15k xp/h is true and you can use them on 3-4 tasks. What about on the 17 other ones? Its all about averages.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Well there you have it. We've been arguing over your opinion rather than the facts.

In an opinion-based argument over what task are worth using it in. Your point?

DeviledEgg24.png

In an opinion-based argument over what task are worth using it in. Your point?

My point is that an argument based on opinions is like kicking a dead horse.

For both of us.

You like taking the relaxed route with healing familiars, I like getting my tasks done faster. It's all just preference now.

dgs5.jpg

No, it's not. They both have a specific number - number of extra rannars from a macaw, number of prayer pots saved with a familiar. Your trying to lump every task together and say "15k extra XP from summoning per hour!" despite the fact that you use a combat familiar on 4-6 tasks, and the XP boost is 8-9k\h for the tasks you do. The final boost would be in the area of 2k at the most, requiring much more concentrating to constantly call the familiar and extra pray pot\food\inventory usage, not the 15k number you magically tacked on with no repercussions :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

No, it's not. They both have a specific number - number of extra rannars from a macaw, number of prayer pots saved with a familiar. Your trying to lump every task together and say "15k extra XP from summoning per hour!" despite the fact that you use a combat familiar on 4-6 tasks, and the XP boost is 8-9k\h for the tasks you do. The final boost would be in the area of 2k at the most, requiring much more concentrating to constantly call the familiar and extra pray pot\food\inventory usage, not the 15k number you magically tacked on with no repercussions :roll:

Aberrant spectres

Abyssal demon -healing familiar

Black demon

Black dragon

Bloodveld

Dagannoth

Dust devil

Fire giant

Gargoyle

Gorak -healing familiar

Greater demon -blocked

Hellhound -blocked

Iron dragon -blocked

Kalphite

Nechryael

Scabarites

Skeletal Wyvern -BOB

Spiritual Mage

Steel dragon -blocked

Suqah

Warped terrorbird

Waterfiend -healing familiar, but combat familiar can be used at extremely high combat levels w/99 Summoning.

EDIT: Mithril Dragons -healing familiar

I've bolded all of the tasks that I use combat familiars on. Thanks to pureprayer for the list.

If I'm able to get all of those tasks done faster at a much high rate than normal, would you not agree that I'm gaining a significant boost in combat and slayer experience? Maybe not 15k, maybe not 10% increase in speed, but it's clear that it's a lot more than 2k increase.

Your points regarding prayer potions and food are irrelevant, as that's just your preference. I don't mind micromanagemant.

dgs5.jpg

2 of those tasks should be blacklisted (dragons, terrorbirds), using a combat familiar will knock your profit down around 90-100k per task for spectres for a 3k XP boost, making a combat familiar drastically worsen the efficiency of the task. Bloodvelds, dagannoths and kalphites are all 3 cannonable, making the benefit of a combat familiar roughly 1/3rd of a normal task; kalphites are limited by spawn speed, so a combat familiar will have no effect whatsoever on attack speed. Gargoyles are in a tiny, cramped space and are a low hp\high defence monster, with a familiar giving at most ~4k XP boost on a task. Fire giants are spread out, and a combat familiar won't help much there either with the low HP and fast kills. Spiritual mages are insanely fast kills at 75 HP each, a combat familiar has been proven to make a virtually unnoticeable difference at the cost of far more clicks and concentration (which tend to lower rates due to difficulties in picking up drops via jumping). Black demons will also have a cost of 4-5 prayer pots (40k) tacked on, with a small XP boost due to the cramped spaces and extra hopping required. All of those average out to a boost of approx. 2.2-2.4k XP\h if the extra costs associated are not included. A far cry from you magical "15k XP boost" from the summons you've never tried :roll:

As for prayer and food, I wasn't aware that GP costs were 'preference". If you have a method of micromanagement to erase the cost of both, I would like to hear it.

DeviledEgg24.png