possible corporeal beast weaknesses

Rsdude099

I think some of the new pvp rewards might be able to help at cb. Firstly, the Miasma Spells. These are the new Ancient Spells from pvp worlds. You can cast them if you have Zuriels staff. the only problem I see with it is that you have to have the staff that costs 10m or so to have the full charge one that lasts an hour, or around 500k for the corrupted staff, that lasts for 15 minutes. Put its plausible when the staff prices drop (if they do).

Second, there is those new javelins. There is that phantom javelin affect, that keeps doing damage to your opponent, If I remember right.

3rd, the new Warhammer thing. While the beast's weakness is stab/range, the spec does 25% or so more damage and lowers defense by 30%. Interesting. Except this and the javelins last for 1hour to 15mins ( depends if its corrupted or not).

Now the divine and elysian shields. The elysian and if you are lucky the divine shield would take the high ko sting out of a high level monsters attacks. The Divine shield stops 30% of damage in exchange for prayer points. Maybe a little more than 30%, I'm not sure. The Elysian shield has a 70% chance of blocking 25% damage (maybe 30, not sure).

If these is spam, lock/destroy/eliminate, whatever.

If its in the wrong forums, my bad.

Discuss at will =D

Pretty much done with rs now

That about sums things up, but most of them are general monster weaknesses, not specific to the corporal beast. I'm still wondering if there's a catch to that new barrage spell, though - it seems too good to be true :shock: . I can't wait to try it out at pits...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That's interesting. I was unaware that the new spells could be cast'd on monsters. (although, in hindsight, I don't see why it wouldn't work since all other offensive magic can be cast'd on monsters)

You may be onto something here 8-)

That about sums things up, but most of them are general monster weaknesses, not specific to the corporal beast. I'm still wondering if there's a catch to that new barrage spell, though - it seems too good to be true :shock: . I can't wait to try it out at pits...

So you can use them outside of PvP worlds?

Another reason for me to avoid castle wars...

So you can use them outside of PvP worlds?

Another reason for me to avoid castle wars...

Yes, you can. There's a video of someone at (ironically) castle wars, barraging away with the new spell. I'd us it in fight pits - switch to staff for 1 barrage, go to veracs and fight..

It might splash a lot on boss monsters, though.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

PVP world spells are for PVP worlds only... But you can't always get what you want.

Really? Are you sure? Can you PM me with your JMod account so I can get a cool siggy of you saying something crazy like "Omali p0wns"?

Well...Since only the people who developed it can say what worlds the spells were meant to be used on, you must work for Jagex to make such a bold claim. Free Phats plox?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Betcha Jagex nerfs this next update...

PVP world spells are for PVP worlds only... But you can't always get what you want.

Sorry LIAR. There is a video of someone using the new spells at castle wars. So it its still plausible when the staff goes down.

AS far as the other new weapons, I dont know if they are one handed or not. But I think they are, because logically, you only need 1 hand to wield a bunch of javelins or a warhammer. Unless it's very, veeeeeeery heavy.

Considering that the Corporeal Beast ignores the Protection Prayers (and they are some of the higher drainers), the divine shield would definitely be handy, since you wouldn't be using those Prayer Points just for Protection.

However, it's 15% of the total damage, but a whole 30% is taken off.

Just as an example, being hit a 60 would be filtered to 18 damage comes off, and 9Prayer being deducted. Although this means you get hit a 42, you can counter-act it with a few things, simply a piece or two of food and after a few more Prayer drains, then a dose of a Barbarian Prayer Potion. This may not be entirely effective, but it should work well. (2 Barbarian Prayer pots would essentially mean a 4 Dose Pot + 24hp healer)

Like a few good items, the thing that drops it usually has a weakness of some sort to it, or there's a negating quality.

Once the Vesta Longsword drops in price, I see it being used quite often at the CB. It has longsword speed, an immense stab bonus, an immense strength bonus, and is one-handed.

Wow, one handed, it looked impressive enough when I was under the impression that it took both hands to wield it.

So ya, I would very much agree with that claim, it is a great weapon then no doubt (regardless of price) if it is one handed afterall.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Once the Vesta Longsword drops in price, I see it being used quite often at the CB. It has longsword speed, an immense stab bonus, an immense strength bonus, and is one-handed.

Combine that with a DFS and you really do have a destructive weapon.

There's a Vid of the VLS vs an AGS...

The VLS can hit up to around 53-55 max normally and around 63-66 max with it's special, which uses ONLY 25% of the bar. Couple that with it being one-handed and 5-speed and it far outclasses the AGS in every way. This is one of the few new items that I agree with having the one-hour limit on.

Oh, and the Morrigan's Javelin is absolute ownage in PvP. It can hit over 50 normally and can hit over 60 with its special attack. They have an immense ranged bonus, much higher than anything else, are one-handed, and are thrown at 5-speed on rapid. Oh, and they can be poisoned. It's my opinion that these should be irretrievable when thrown, to balance out their power.

td2sig.jpg

well i don't know about actual weaknesses, but i heard an incredibly crazy but effective way to kill the beast, and even CAMP there. just get 125 people to D-bow+Drag arrow spec it. instant KO. also, in case the respawn surprises you, have each person take a cannon, so when it appears it just might die. not an actual weakness, but a really funny idea :lol:

well i don't know about actual weaknesses, but i heard an incredibly crazy but effective way to kill the beast, and even CAMP there. just get 125 people to D-bow+Drag arrow spec it. instant KO. also, in case the respawn surprises you, have each person take a cannon, so when it appears it just might die. not an actual weakness, but a really funny idea :lol:

250 people, not 125. D'bow special damage is reduced against CB.

250 people, not 125. D'bow special damage is reduced against CB.

lol they thought of that

how about like 10 people using that spear on him and 100's of 5 piling on him :o

and could u use spear to solo because the contanst 5 hits will count as it being attacked?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Plausible. However, maybe some of the specials can only be used in pvp. But I know for a fact that the new staff can be used outside pvp. So it has to be plausible. I heard someone say that Morrigans javelins wont work on monster, only in pvp world. I do not believe that untill proven.

If the hammer spec actually hits (which I doubt) it will make the beast immensely easier. I think the specs stack too.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If the hammer spec actually hits (which I doubt) it will make the beast immensely easier. I think the specs stack too.

I thought it was just 30% of the total Defense, not reduced by damage like the Bandos Godsword...

So by stack, you mean that the beast would lose 60% Defense? I wonder what you have to hit to trigger this effect...

2dgucz6.png