Forum Levels

Alaxe

Many forums have either a point sytem or an XP system and I think it would be a good idea to reward users for their contributions. An XP system would be a cool way to get people more active (that's why everyone loves runescape!). A cash system (ex. Tip It GP) would be a neat addition to be used for things like colored username, custom user title. PHPBB3 mods are available all over the internet. If you need me to help or custom make one, PM me.

Cheers,

A L A X E

Tip.It isn't that kind of forum. It's tempting to pile every mod and code known to man into a forum, but that's a bad idea. Plus like cowman said it will just cause favouritism and even more prejudice. It's bad enough just with post count.

spacescenev24.jpg

Its normally used on smaller forums to encourage posting or activity. We get enough of that here already and so this would only encourage spam.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm also against this. :shame: ... I've seen some "niche groups" around here... They usually are NOT open to new people, which would cause extreme negative bias around the forums... In turn, that would only lead to frustrations, upsets, arguing, and eventually a need for Moderators to get involved in proportions that cause (yes, even them) to get upset... :wall:

As a last thought, you can trust me when I tell you, we really do NOT need that happening, at all. :ugeek:

~Mr. D. V. "Are you [bleep]ing mad?!?!?" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Just to add something...here's a link to a previous topic http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=755483.

and

IMO the rating system would act as new post count, some people think the higher post count i have, the more friends i'll have.

Would the rating system be the same? I think so, yes.

I also can imagine how some people would bash other players with 'LULZ UR RATIN IS LYK LAME LOL!!! NO1 BELIIVS JUU!!', which isn't necessary, nor wanted.

^that sums up my views.

And tbh, the port count system's bad enough...i've seen people judge people by their post counts ie. "this person isnt a tifer, he/she only has 3 posts". I can still remember where it was, but i dont want to embarrase anyone.

belle-do-not-want.PNG

Seriously, though, as much as I like this idea, I'm inclined to agree with the other posters that this could easily lead to abuse. Thus, I don't think it's the best idea.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I don't quite see how a GP system would lead to abuse. I do see how an XP system would lead to abuse, and thats why it shouldn't be considered, but a GP-to-store system isn't really that bad of an idea.

The only problem that would be difficult in doing a GP/Store system is filling the store with useful things that are useful but not enough that Tip.It would have to go so far out of it's way to prevent people just copying/sharing the content in there. Custom Usertitles solves this, but that's only one item, not 20-30 items. Sure you could make it 5 user titles that are pre-named, and not include a custom one, but that lowers the quality on what the item is and how much it would be wanted.

Also because it's about 7 to 1 who actually want this or can see how it can work, I'm not really motivated to put more in than this.