Is this considered racism?

Yomyth105

Of course it's not racism. I prefer blondes to brunettes, but that doesn't mean I'm... uhh... there is no word for hair colour preference is there? >_<

BlueLancer: I'm half white, does that count?

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlueLancer: I'm half white, does that count?

That figure likely includes people of 'only' white heritage. Really couldn't care less about the statistics though; Was just providing them to him since he seemed so militant about it.

I got friends from every ethnicity since childhood... & find it funny how prejudiced/hateful some people are.

Obama's half-black, so I suppose it's debatable?

his character is black though. his name came after his father, his accent is black, you get the story.

hes not African really. Hes Middle eastern looking. I dont think so many dislike him cuz hes black but rather cuz hes muslim and those r the ppl we r fighting in iraq

To go further in this discussion, I think we need to go back to the definition of the word "racism". It is a word combined by the words "race" meaning sub-specie, and the word "-ism", meaning ideology. So racism is "an ideology acknowledging sub-species".

Racism, by its simplest definition, is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
I think Wikipedia is about right here.

The term is mostly used with "acknowledging sub-species and treating other sub-species in a negative way". This leads to thinking that something is not racism if it's not "wrong". Having an opinion about what is attractive is something you can't do anything about, and it's not wrong, even if it's racism. Whether the subject itself is racism depends on how the opinion is based, but it's not wrong.

I would recommend this song called "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist":

xbwNSNLPIfw

You'd be surprised on what people could call you racist for in my country. Example, you can't sing the national-tune at some schools, because it's deemd "racist". Example two, if you're wearing a t-shirt with the national flag you wouldn't be surprised if someone calls you a racist.

Those people are confusing expressions. That's nationalism, not racism. They also seem to confuse the different types of nationalism. There is the Paris Commune kind (patriotism, love for one's nation) and the Nazi-Germany kind (a type of fascism that is about deciding who should live in a country). Often people use patriotism with fascism, but you can have patriotism without fascism.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

hes not African really. Hes Middle eastern looking. I dont think so many dislike him cuz hes black but rather cuz hes muslim and those r the ppl we r fighting in iraq

Are you serious? -.-

The Obama family is an extended family of Kenyan (Luo), African American, English, and Indonesian heritage

Iraq is a Aryan nation. Not Arab, not Muslim.

In addition, he's obviously a Christian.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Are you serious? -.-

The Obama family is an extended family of Kenyan (Luo), African American, English, and Indonesian heritage

Iraq is a [Caution] nation. Not Arab, not Muslim.

I wasn't asking if what he said was true. I meant if he seriously believed what he just typed. :P

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Iraq is a [Caution] nation. Not Arab, not Muslim.

You're playing semantics here. Iraq is an Arab country

We're in a war against Muslims?

That's news to me.

Iraq is an Arab country

Go down and tell them that! :lol:

Yup. It's like telling a Korean they're Japanese.

Sure, they're on the Arabian Peninsula, but so is Isreal. The word that was censored was Aryan, by the way. They were under the possesion of the Persians, until the Arabian Invasion.

Some of them are Muslims, but there is also Christianity and other religions down there. Hell, a ton of them even speak Kurdish.

Yes, I am using semantics; that's the entire reason for him thinking that Iraqi's are all Arab Muslims, and Obama is a secret Muslim Iraqi Afghani flag-burning homosexual terrorist.

None of those are true, though I still can't stand the guy.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

It's like telling Koreans and Japanese they're both Asians. Horrid analogy

Nice job on ignoring my other points. I'm out.

2153_s.gif

userbar_full.png

Points? You started talking about Muslims. Muslims and Arabs are NOT mutually inclusive. Christ Almighty.

Points? You started talking about Muslims. Muslims and Arabs are NOT mutually inclusive. Christ Almighty.

Forget it. I'll admit that the analogy was not apt. We're on a tangent anyhow. He mentioned Iraqi's all being Muslims first, so that's why I mentioned them, of course?

The point is that, Iraqi's are not Arabian. They're Aryan. You can't call a German an Asian.

2153_s.gif

userbar_full.png

The point is that, Iraqi's are not Arabian. They're Aryan. You can't call a German an Asian.

lol, you're a tool. Germans are Caucasians. Iraqis are Arab.

EDIT: wait did you just compare Iraqis with Germans? lol

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... os/iz.html

Ethnic groups:

Arab 75%-80%, Kurdish 15%-20%, Turkoman, Assyrian, or other 5%

Religions:

Muslim 97% (Shia 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christian or other 3%

Can't believe you live in the same province as I do and yet act so stupid. What Iraqi propaganda have you been reading?

Its a little bit racist actually, but not something to worry about because its easily changed.

Its just a matter of re thinking whats actually going on. Theres an implication from "I'm not attracted to Indian girls" to "I couldnt be attracted to indian girls", and then to "I couldnt be attracted to indian girls because theres something wrong with them" which by the sound it is not actually true in your case.

If you actually look at yourself, youll probably find the truth is more like "I am generally not attracted to indian girls" and "I have not found an indian girl i have found attractive yet"

Racism generally occurs when blanket statements are given about a race without leaving a gap for the unexpected. And although this sounds a little like political correctness, in a lot of cases political correctness is simply a rude word used in the place of "Caring about other peoples feelings" and its often so easy to think of things slightly differently and end up with a result that your still happy with and takes into account the way your words may sounds to another person.

People will find any excuse to call you a racist. I've had the same before; I'm personally more attracted to white girls, does that make me a racist? No, racism is the act of violence or prejudice towards a person based on their race.

I think Shinjula has got it pretty wrong. Yomyth, you are not in the slightest bit racist based upon that comment, it would only be the same as saying you're not attracted to blondes, are you now a hairest? lol.

When does it end? There's now an "ist" for almost anything imaginable.

I'm quite sure the girl in question doesn't care that you don't like her, and I'm guessing she's not the ones complaining. It's "do-gooders" who try to frame you as a racist, it happens all the time. You know yourself if you're a racist or not, for someone to be a true racist, they'd really have to hate other races. Not make trivial comments such as yours :)

~Edit, I also think we need to stay on-topic here, or this will undoubtably turn into a spamfest #-o

Its a little bit racist actually, but not something to worry about because its easily changed.

Its just a matter of re thinking whats actually going on. Theres an implication from "I'm not attracted to Indian girls" to "I couldnt be attracted to indian girls", and then to "I couldnt be attracted to indian girls because theres something wrong with them" which by the sound it is not actually true in your case.

If you actually look at yourself, youll probably find the truth is more like "I am generally not attracted to indian girls" and "I have not found an indian girl i have found attractive yet"

Racism generally occurs when blanket statements are given about a race without leaving a gap for the unexpected. And although this sounds a little like political correctness, in a lot of cases political correctness is simply a rude word used in the place of "Caring about other peoples feelings" and its often so easy to think of things slightly differently and end up with a result that your still happy with and takes into account the way your words may sounds to another person.

Racism occurs when you go

China sucks [wagon] and all Chinese people are people should be shot because they are useless and a waste of oxygen and housing space.

Then you are a racist.But hey,believing your race is the best is also racism.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... os/iz.html

Ethnic groups:

Arab 75%-80%, Kurdish 15%-20%, Turkoman, Assyrian, or other 5%

Religions:

Muslim 97% (Shia 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christian or other 3%

Can't believe you live in the same province as I do and yet act so stupid. What Iraqi propaganda have you been reading?

And yet, you think the CIA will provide you with neutral info about Iraq... :roll:

Not that ethnicity is relevant, but if you go to Iraq and start calling them all Arabs, you will get beaten up sooner or later.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!