grim reaper hood

deathworld50

on a guide somewhere it said that if you have a toy box and missed last years halloween, you will find a grim reaper hood in the box. now, befroe i go spend over 200k on getting 42 constrution, i need to know if you didnt already have the toy box, can you still get the hood? ty for all help :thumbsup:

I doubt this will work, and if it did Jagex would have people asking for scythes and bunny ears etc.

Also this should have been posted in Help & Advice. ;)

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Yeah, it's a bummer. I've been a loyal member for almost 4 years now and I was in the middle of moving to New York City last halloween so I didn't have access to internet for the two weeks of the Halloween event. I was really angry, to say the least.

I feel like if you've been playing loyaly/had a members account set up at that time but couldn't get it, you should be able to have a way to obtain it. I mean, I was still paying, so...yeah. :|

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

*****WARNING*****

This is a rumor I just heard on RSOF. I am not 100% it's true, but it's best to play it safe.

Jagex accidentally allowed you to retrieve certain holiday items from the chest that you did not earn. They attempted to fix this bug. You can no longer do this. Also, if you did not earn that item, the item will disappear when you attempt to wear it, and will not appear in the chest if you deposit it. Diango will not return it to you either.

The dangerous part is, some people have reported that this occurs to them when they did complete the event. In other words, don't wear your past holiday items until this is sorted out. If this is true, you may lose your older holiday items for good.

on a guide somewhere it said that if you have a toy box and missed last years halloween, you will find a grim reaper hood in the box. now, befroe i go spend over 200k on getting 42 constrution, i need to know if you didnt already have the toy box, can you still get the hood? ty for all help :thumbsup:

It's been confirmed as a bug and fixed; everyone who did not receive a hood during the 2007 event will both lose one gained through this bug and be unable to claim the hood.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I'm gonna lol hard at anyone stupid enough to believe this

Fine. Don't believe it.

I honestly don't think Jagex tracks which account participated in which quest. It's probably not easy for Jagex to fix this. If there are numerous accounts by people who claim to have lost theirs, even if it's in all likelihood a fake attempt to get Jagex to give them a holiday event they missed, do you need to wear your holiday item THAT badly that you can't wait a day or two for Jagex to straighten it out? #-o

Fine. Don't believe it.

I honestly don't think Jagex tracks which account participated in which quest. It's probably not easy for Jagex to fix this. If there are numerous accounts by people who claim to have lost theirs, even if it's in all likelihood a fake attempt to get Jagex to give them a holiday event they missed, do you need to wear your holiday item THAT badly that you can't wait a day or two for Jagex to straighten it out? #-o

I could wait if they were going to fix it, which I'm sure they will. I mean, it's a grim reaper hood, not exactly the most useful item.

If I had lost the hood (which I didn't) and they were just going to remove them and not help those who lost it that actually got it, I'd be more concerned about this same approach happening to other items. I'd be pissed if it was, say, my Yoyo.

Nobody takes my yoyo and gets away with it. :evil:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Fine. Don't believe it.

It would make a lot of sense for them to track it, and would be incredibly easy. When you finish the event, it would simply turn a "false" value, linked to your account, to a "true" value. This is probably how they programmed diango to know what items you're entitled to.

The same is probably also true for the scythe and bunny ears at the clothes shop lady.

EDIT: With this, it would also be really easy for anyone who managed to illegally obtain a holiday item, to not be able to wear it.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

No rumor. It all happened just that way.

At completion of the Swept Away quest and the Trick-or-Treating on the first day I went to my house's costume room and placed the new outfit into the Toy Box. I then saw the 2007 Grim Reaper Hood there in the box. I was not in RS last year so could not have acquired it anywhere prior. I took the hood out and wore it for the rest of the day. This afternoon after logging in, I went on a slayer assignment and took off the hood and kept it in my pack. When I finished the assignment, I clicked on the hood to wear it again but it just disappeared.

My son's mom did the events and checked her house's Toy Box on the first day after I told her of the appearance of the Grim Reaper Hood. She also was not in RS last year. The hood had also appeared in her box and she just left it there. Today when I told her what had happened to mine she went to her house and rechecked the box - her's was also gone.

My son did the events on the first day with his mom also, but did not go check his Toy Box until today. The hood was not there at all for him. (Man, did he scream "unfair"!)

Oh well, it was fun wearing it while it lasted. lol

Yeah, it's a bummer. I've been a loyal member for almost 4 years now and I was in the middle of moving to New York City last halloween so I didn't have access to internet for the two weeks of the Halloween event. I was really angry, to say the least.

I feel like if you've been playing loyaly/had a members account set up at that time but couldn't get it, you should be able to have a way to obtain it. I mean, I was still paying, so...yeah. :|

I've been playing for god knows how many years and I missed the "Yo-yo" but I can't get it :(