An unanswerable question

mistywerty

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's unanswerable, therefore a rhetorical question, it's considered spam :twss:

Anyway, yes of course time exists. If it didn't there would be no chronological events. We wouldn't remember what we had for dinner yesterday, events would happen in no particular order, somewhat randomly.

Time is a constant, a proven one ;)

Where is it? Does it occupy a single space in the universe at anyone time? Can we test it? How did it begin? Has it always existed.

I think there's more to this question than first percived...

Also, I thought time was reletive?

People in OT eat glass O_o

Where is it? Does it occupy a single space in the universe at anyone time? Can we test it? How did it begin? Has it always existed.

Time isn't tangible. Not knowing how it began doesn't disprove the existence of time anyway. Wouldn't saying time 'never' existed be an oxymoron?

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Time IS relative, but we cannot test it.

Where is it? everywhere

Does it occupy a single space in the universe at anyone time? it's a constant, therefore occupies everything at once

Can we test it? no, although every time you look a clock, you're testing time

How did it begin? how did anything begin? the big bang? before that? nobody knows

Has it always existed? as long as you or I have been alive, yes

As Mirage said so simply, time isn't tangible.

It exists in the same way love exists. You can't see it or feel it, but you can see other things which prove its existence. When you see a married couple kissing, you know that there is love. When you see a clock's hands moving, you know that there is time.

The world is either time or eternity. Eternity just isnt forever. Eternity is the absence of time, everything happens simultaneously. Time orders things chronologically. No two things can occur in the exact same plate at the exact same instance. In eternity, it can.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

You're an Athiest, right? How can you prove time, but not god?

TimeGod IS relative, but we cannot test it.

Where is it? everywhere

Does it occupy a single space in the universe at anyone time? it's a constant, therefore occupies everything at once

How did it begin? how did anything begin? the big bang? before that? nobody knows

Also,

Did it exist before life? If so, did it exist when nothing happened?

There's a big difference between time and god. The fact that we can see a clock's hands move dictates that time is real. Which fact that we can observe "proves" that god is real? The only similarity I can see between the two is that they're both intangible.

You're an Athiest, right? How can you prove time, but not god?

TimeGod IS relative, but we cannot test it.

Where is it? everywhere

Also,

Did it exist before life? If so, did it exist when nothing happened?

I am, the evidence against the existence of God is more than substantial. The evidence against time is NON-EXISTANT. :roll:

There's a big difference between time and god. The fact that we can see a clock's hands move dictates that time is real. Which fact that we can observe "proves" that god is real? The only similarity I can see between the two is that they're both intangible.

A clock's hands only move because of the cogs inside. One clock could read a different time to another, and don't fogget, a clock is only as accurate as the person who set it.

I like this (girl? guy?).

It is unanswerable, so I must leave it at that. Although I'm usually a first to stand up and show my ignorance, I want to sit at the sidelines here.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

in my believe time is related to light. 12 noon is supposed to indicate that the sun is the highest it can be in the sky. However if a star explodes and u see it. u may think "wow a star exploded 5 seconds ago" in reality it exploded years ago. it just took time for the light to reach earth.

time as in change is something hard to explain.

A clock's hands only move because of the cogs inside. One clock could read a different time to another, and don't fogget, a clock is only as accurate as the person who set it.

The point is that the clock's hands move at all. If they were stationary then there would be room to believe that time doesn't exist, but since we are living in a universe where there is change and movement then it's pretty easy to believe in time.

Time isn't relative to light. It makes no sense. You used an example that is relative to our location with our solitary sun, with our measurements of time. Who's to say that humans are totally right in their measurement of time? What you're saying sounds like time is relative to the distance light has to travel to meet your eyes, and the speed of light is yet another human measured amount of time... And i don't get how the 12 noon makes light relative to time. Just our measurement of our sun... o_o

signature

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. You fritter and waste the hours in off hand way.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

The point is that the clock's hands move at all. If they were stationary then there would be room to believe that time doesn't exist, but since we are living in a universe where there is change and movement then it's pretty easy to believe in time.

Good answer, you've got me there. Still, I'd like to pay attention to this:

but since we are living in a universe where there is change and movement then it's pretty easy to believe in time.

If nothing happens, neither does time? If time is dependent on change, it could be eliminated completely?

It's quite simple really, but i've never thought of it like that...

If nothing happens, neither does time? If time is dependent on change, it could be eliminated completely?

It's quite simple really, but i've never thought of it like that...

Time isn't dependent on change. Change is dependent on time. Since change happens, so does time.

If time didn't exist, you wouldn't age. But you do age, because time is passing.

p2gq.jpg