Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

Well, Ancient Magicks is quite powerfull. And the staff of Ancient Magicks has Zaros' sign. Mahjarrat are connected to Zaros. Perhaps the being held in the pyramid was a Mahjarrat?

I believe the being said something about it when you are finishing the quest. Also, the four gems are in quite interesting locations: Blood is in Mort Myre, actually quite close to Meiyerditch. Smoke is in the Smoke Dungeon which is near the Desert Treasure Pyramid itself, so maybe a stronghold is near. Shadow is near the Ancient Cavern. Ice is near the Wilderness. A link perhaps?

The being trapped int he pyramid IS a mahjarrat. All Mahjarrats were originally loyal to Ictharlin, a desert god, yet when Zaros was expanding his empire, they changed loyalties and became Zaros's servants. After a while, however, a number of mahjarrat, led by Zamorak, rebelled and attacked Zaros. The mahjarrat in the pyramid, I think his name was Azzandara, is one of the mahjarrat that remained loyal to Zaros.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Ancient Magicks is quite powerfull. And the staff of Ancient Magicks has Zaros' sign. Mahjarrat are connected to Zaros. Perhaps the being held in the pyramid was a Mahjarrat?

I believe the being said something about it when you are finishing the quest. Also, the four gems are in quite interesting locations: Blood is in Mort Myre, actually quite close to Meiyerditch. Smoke is in the Smoke Dungeon which is near the Desert Treasure Pyramid itself, so maybe a stronghold is near. Shadow is near the Ancient Cavern. Ice is near the Wilderness. A link perhaps?

There's no "perhaps" about it...it's well-established that Azzanadra = mahjarrat. ;)

The diamonds were used to imprison Azzanadra. They are not related to the dragonkin. This is pretty well-confirmed in Desert Treasure, I believe.

There's no "perhaps" about it...it's well-established that Azzanadra = mahjarrat. ;)

The diamonds were used to imprison Azzanadra. They are not related to the dragonkin. This is pretty well-confirmed in Desert Treasure, I believe.

Truth is, there aren't a lot of established facts about the Dragonkin. People these days see Dragonkin conspiracy theories everywhere.

It's almost like the Cold War!

Maybe the Dragonkin are like the Patriots from MGS. They control everything and are behind everything.

priest_wiz.png

Truth is, there aren't a lot of established facts about the Dragonkin. People these days see Dragonkin conspiracy theories everywhere.

Maybe the Dragonkin are like the Patriots from MGS. They control everything and are behind everything.

Then what are its Nanomachines, the mechanic that explains over half of all the strange events? Runestones?

Valten_1.png

Then what are its Nanomachines, the mechanic that explains over half of all the strange events? Runestones?

Dragonbreath. Or some mystical Stone of Jas afterpower.

priest_wiz.png

What I actually meant was, that the Dragonkin trapped the Mahjarrat, placing the gems near their stronghold.

But we are getting a bit off-topic.

Let's list the (most likely) possibilities for each stronghold shall we?

North, East and West are practically covered.

North - Ruined Castle, possibly partial sunken into the Northern Ocean.

East - Sanguinesti Region, possibly or partially underground

West - Ancient Cavern

Now South: some say Karamja, others say something with the Desert.

Now, under Pollnicneach lies a dungeon which has ruined pillars and the like scattered everywhere. Perhaps that is the Southern Stronghold? It lies quite straight under the speculated Northern Stronghold. Which makes the Digsite a candidate for the center. Only problem: the temple of Zaros?

What do we know about Zaros? Maybe he was a Dragonkin which used the Stone of Jas to rise to Godhood? And subsequently transferred Mahjarrat to this plane, bringing the Dragon Weapons with them so more creatures could get them which would result in more fighting. Which in turn would be followed with more power channelled to the Dragonkin.

Anyone interested in picking this up?

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Actually, I don't remember where I read it, but Azzanadra was imprisoned in the pyramid using the 4 stones because the Zamorakians fighting him due to his staying loyal to Zaros couldn't kill him so they instead imprisoned him.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Btw..about zaros and dragonkin symbols, zaros has 4 "main sectors" dragonkin 4 arrows, as like compas..now something about zaros symbol and number 4,

-North, south, east and west, as like in the symbol..4

-Ice, blood, shadow and some, diamonds, warriors in desert treasure and of course ancient spells

-All those warriors are located in 4different Cardinal directions.

And there is more, what does number 4 means? All cant just be coincident.

Actually, I don't remember where I read it, but Azzanadra was imprisoned in the pyramid using the 4 stones because the Zamorakians fighting him due to his staying loyal to Zaros couldn't kill him so they instead imprisoned him.

The Saradominists also helped to trap him, appereantly.

priest_wiz.png

What I actually meant was, that the Dragonkin trapped the Mahjarrat, placing the gems near their stronghold.

West - Ancient Cavern

Now, under Pollnicneach lies a dungeon which has ruined pillars and the like scattered everywhere. Perhaps that is the Southern Stronghold? It lies quite straight under the speculated Northern Stronghold. Which makes the Digsite a candidate for the center. Only problem: the temple of Zaros?

What do we know about Zaros? Maybe he was a Dragonkin which used the Stone of Jas to rise to Godhood? And subsequently transferred Mahjarrat to this plane, bringing the Dragon Weapons with them so more creatures could get them which would result in more fighting. Which in turn would be followed with more power channelled to the Dragonkin.

Well, we can be fairly certain that the dragonkin weren't involved in the trapping of Azzanadra, so we can ignore the diamonds. (Yes, the number 4 can be just a coincidence. ;) )

But the four cardinal directions thing seems to be supported by the KBD's letter in the Postbag warning you about the four points of a compass. And it's true that we already seem to know of northern and western locations connected with the dragonkin: the Ancient Cavern is pretty well-confirmed, and the dragonkin symbol is definitely on those ruins in the spirit realm. Morytania we're less sure of, but the evidence is very strong, most notably the Postbag letter from the imp about how it smells of dragon dung there.

So since we have, more or less, a north, east, and west location, maybe there is a southern location as well. But I don't think there's any evidence to point us one way or another.

There are two big strikes against this theory. The first is that the Ancient Cavern isn't really "west" per se. It's northwest. If you look at it on a world map, it's probably around the same longitude as Ice Mountain, or roundabouts. If their stronghold was in the west, I would expect it to be in Arandar or Tirannwn, which is Runescape's westernmost region. And the KBD's hint strongly implies that it would be the 4 main compass directions we would need to watch for.

The second is that we don't have any evidence of a dragonkin stronghold in the south, and it doesn't seem likely that there are any on Karamja or in the desert. We've already had opportunities to explore most of Karamja, thanks to the Brimhaven Dungeon, Shilo Village quest, and Legends Quest. There are various ancient evils around, but none of them are dragonkin--the only plausible link would be the dragons in Brimhaven Dungeon. That's our best clue. The Game Guide has this to say on the origins of Brimhaven Dungeon:

No one is entirely sure how Brimhaven Dungeon came about, but they do know that to enter its portal is to risk death. The opening cavern seems to be the remnant of some ancient temple or tomb, and it is likely that an ancient ritual or spell gone awry drew some of the foulest and most dangerous creatures in RuneScape to its depths.

The other possibility for the southern stronghold is the desert. There's still a small section that is yet unrevealed, but it seems to me like the Scabarites have done enough burrowing that an encounter with the dragonkin would have been hinted at in the Scabaras Notes. Also, remember that the area in question would have been home to the city of Ullek until the Third Age, and if dragonkin had been in the area it's likely the city would have been destroyed much sooner, since they're supposed to destroy just about everything in their path, if you recall. Menaphos, Sophanem, and Ullek would have been leveled long ago if they were built next to a dragonkin fortress.

West - Ancient Cavern

Well, we can be fairly certain that the dragonkin weren't involved in the trapping of Azzanadra, so we can ignore the diamonds. (Yes, the number 4 can be just a coincidence. ;) )

But the four cardinal directions thing seems to be supported by the KBD's letter in the Postbag warning you about the four points of a compass. And it's true that we already seem to know of northern and western locations connected with the dragonkin: the Ancient Cavern is pretty well-confirmed, and the dragonkin symbol is definitely on those ruins in the spirit realm. Morytania we're less sure of, but the evidence is very strong, most notably the Postbag letter from the imp about how it smells of dragon dung there.

So since we have, more or less, a north, east, and west location, maybe there is a southern location as well. But I don't think there's any evidence to point us one way or another.

There are two big strikes against this theory. The first is that the Ancient Cavern isn't really "west" per se. It's northwest. If you look at it on a world map, it's probably around the same longitude as Ice Mountain, or roundabouts. If their stronghold was in the west, I would expect it to be in Arandar or Tirannwn, which is Runescape's westernmost region. And the KBD's hint strongly implies that it would be the 4 main compass directions we would need to watch for.

The second is that we don't have any evidence of a dragonkin stronghold in the south, and it doesn't seem likely that there are any on Karamja or in the desert. We've already had opportunities to explore most of Karamja, thanks to the Brimhaven Dungeon, Shilo Village quest, and Legends Quest. There are various ancient evils around, but none of them are dragonkin--the only plausible link would be the dragons in Brimhaven Dungeon. That's our best clue. The Game Guide has this to say on the origins of Brimhaven Dungeon:

No one is entirely sure how Brimhaven Dungeon came about, but they do know that to enter its portal is to risk death. The opening cavern seems to be the remnant of some ancient temple or tomb, and it is likely that an ancient ritual or spell gone awry drew some of the foulest and most dangerous creatures in RuneScape to its depths.

The other possibility for the southern stronghold is the desert. There's still a small section that is yet unrevealed, but it seems to me like the Scabarites have done enough burrowing that an encounter with the dragonkin would have been hinted at in the Scabaras Notes. Also, remember that the area in question would have been home to the city of Ullek until the Third Age, and if dragonkin had been in the area it's likely the city would have been destroyed much sooner, since they're supposed to destroy just about everything in their path, if you recall. Menaphos, Sophanem, and Ullek would have been leveled long ago if they were built next to a dragonkin fortress.

While its true that the Ancient Cavern isn't exactly West, per se, but it is in the western "half" of RuneScape. I don't think the directions should be taken literally, which is also why I don't think there is any significance about the "middle" of the compass. I just feel that the analogy is used to drive home the point that the Dragonkin, allegedly, have the rest of the world surrounded.

While its true that the Ancient Cavern isn't exactly West, per se, but it is in the western "half" of RuneScape. I don't think the directions should be taken literally, which is also why I don't think there is any significance about the "middle" of the compass. I just feel that the analogy is used to drive home the point that the Dragonkin, allegedly, have the rest of the world surrounded.

I suppose.

Anyway, I noticed this bit.

Despite Reldo's book being about the First Age, The events shown in the cut-scene probably took place in the 4th age, instead of the 1st.

Probably, Reldo was just going through his other books in that bit, passing by a different text about the first age and another one about popular lore before he found the one about Robert the Strong.

And as a side note, it would be nice if we could get a lot of this information (and some of the images as well) onto the RS Wiki page for Dragonkin. It is supposed to be the ultimate repository of all Runescape knowledge, after all. ;)

I suppose.

Anyway, I noticed this bit.

Despite Reldo's book being about the First Age, The events shown in the cut-scene probably took place in the 4th age, instead of the 1st.

Probably, Reldo was just going through his other books in that bit, passing by a different text about the first age and another one about popular lore before he found the one about Robert the Strong.

And as a side note, it would be nice if we could get a lot of this information (and some of the images as well) onto the RS Wiki page for Dragonkin. It is supposed to be the ultimate repository of all Runescape knowledge, after all. ;)

NEVER!!! THIS IS MY KNOWLEDGE! MINE!!!

Lol... kidding... If you want to, go ahead and add it, but I don't think very highly of RS Wiki and therefor wouldn't expend much time on it ;)

So, the south fortress is either yet to be revealed or it has been revealed, but we are blinded due it's obviousness.

Let's list all the pro's and con's for possible locations

Brimhaven Dungeon

+ Metal Dragons

+ Tomb/Temple-like entrance

Pollnivneach Smoke Dungeon (especially the 'newer' part)

Near Menaphos/Sophanem, Ullek

If you have another point which has been agreed on, add it to the list. That way we get an overview of possible locations.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I don't think Pollnivneach Dungeon are connected to Dragonkin anyhow, Brimhaven Dungeon are more likely.

But I got 2 other things:

1.KBD says"at each point sits a danger" Why should we limit ourselves to 4 points while on RS compass, as well as in Dragonkin symbol we got all 8?

2.Movario found one half of the Dragonkin key in some ruins in the easten Wilderness(his notes). Maybe their Strongholds are Ancient Cavern, Ruins in wildy, some other point like Bounty Hunter crater(one of their skeletons there) and some Stronghold in the North? This would link to Mahjarrat and to... ROMILY WEAKLAX!!! ;)

I don't think Pollnivneach Dungeon are connected to Dragonkin anyhow, Brimhaven Dungeon are more likely.

1.KBD says"at each point sits a danger" Why should we limit ourselves to 4 points while on RS compass, as well as in Dragonkin symbol we got all 8?

2.Movario found one half of the Dragonkin key in some ruins in the easten Wilderness(his notes). Maybe their Strongholds are Ancient Cavern, Ruins in wildy, some other point like Bounty Hunter crater(one of their skeletons there) and some Stronghold in the North? This would link to Mahjarrat and to... ROMILY WEAKLAX!!! ;)

About 2.

If you read the main post, you will find that the Wildy fortress has allready been found.

priest_wiz.png

About 2.

If you read the main post, you will find that the Wildy fortress has allready been found.

I know it's been found,as I wrote. But does it have to be their only Wildy fortress?

Somebody already posted a picture of a Dragonkin skeleton in BH. And Movario refers to those known fortress as eastern Wilderness. I don't say it isn't, I say it's one of.

I know it's been found,as I wrote. But does it have to be their only Wildy fortress?

Somebody already posted a picture of a Dragonkin skeleton in BH. And Movario refers to those known fortress as eastern Wilderness. I don't say it isn't, I say it's one of.

Well, we are told that BH was the place where the first murder took place on Runescape. Since the Dragonkin have been around longer than any of the other known species, it is indeed possible that the murder was not human, but a murder of a Dragonkin, hence the skeleton in the arena may have been the first ever murder. There is not enough information to support that though, just a wild theroy.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Well, we are told that BH was the place where the first murder took place on Runescape. Since the Dragonkin have been around longer than any of the other known species, it is indeed possible that the murder was not human, but a murder of a Dragonkin, hence the skeleton in the arena may have been the first ever murder. There is not enough information to support that though, just a wild theroy.

Where are we told that BH was the location of the first murder? That's a pretty interesting tidbit if it can be supported with evidence.

Where are we told that BH was the location of the first murder? That's a pretty interesting tidbit if it can be supported with evidence.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=565

In the centre of the Wilderness, bounded on all sides by the desolation of the god wars, crouches a volcano. Not quite dormant, the massive crater that bears witness to the violence of its birth is home to Mandrith, Guardian of the Crater. In the earliest days of man's existence on RuneScape, this volcano was the site of the first murder, and for this reason an unnamed god cracked and split the earth to give the volcano life.

Since those first, horrific days, Mandrith's ancestors have supplied a guardian to watch over the crater, where adventurers can go to slaughter each other.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

GUNS OF THE DRAGONKIN !!! (Makes all RS weapons unusable) Lol'd

But, I'd say the Dragonkin are in fact controlling some part of the RS world (Morytania Probably)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Probably another realm. Porbably were banished to Frenskae for some reason. And after how long they've been gone, when they come back, they're gonna be pissy. :evil:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

GUNS OF THE DRAGONKIN !!! (Makes all RS weapons unusable) Lol'd

But, I'd say the Dragonkin are in fact controlling some part of the RS world (Morytania Probably)

Best. Game. Ever.

Ontopic though, Nice post! It was really in depth. :)