Screen Snapper

Jard_Y_Dooku

Have you ever wanted an easier way to take RuneScape screenshots? Isn't it annoying to have to crop them manually?

Perhaps you should try: Screen Snapper! It is a program I have written to easily take screenshots and automatically crop them. Screen Snapper's intuitive AutoCrop feature allows you to input a few values which tell the program to automatically crop images before they are saved. I use the program a lot, myself, to help in the making of my Ultimate Monster Examine Guide which you can find in my signature.

ScreenSnapperImage.png

And yes, I took this screenshot with the program itself. :)

You can download the program from this link here: http://www.runeuniverse.us/downloads/ScreenSnapperInstaller.msi

Please let me know about any bugs you find or any improvements you think can be made!

~Jard Y Dooku

PS - The program is not obfuscated so if you'd like an Administrator to verify that my program is not dangerous, or if you'd like to do it yourself, it can be easily decompiled with a tool such as Red Gate's .NET Reflector.

PPS - This post is a rough draft, I'll update it with more info later. And currently there is no help menu on the program so if you're unsure about how to use a feature just post here. I may post the source later, too.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Does this work on vista with RSHD? Most screenshot programs just give a black screen. That's why I use fraps, but it'd be nice to have a good free one...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

If you ask me, what your program offers can be done better and faster by Gadwin PrintScreen.

Actually I've found that the options on that program are far less accessible. It seems feature limited, too, and I intend to add tons of features to mine that far exceed the capabilities of Gadwin. Plus, that doesn't have AutoCrop which is useful for RuneScape.

Does this work on vista with RSHD? Most screenshot programs just give a black screen. That's why I use fraps, but it'd be nice to have a good free one...

I'll check.

My firewall said that it detected some spyware.. Is my firewall just being [developmentally delayed] again? (It thinks that TF2 contains several keyloggers, even though I bought it off Steam. -.-)

Most likely because it uses global key hooking to detect when you press shortcut keys. A lot of keyloggers use the same technology which is probably why it was flagged. Don't worry, it's safe.

An interesting program with many useful applications for RuneScape. If I may suggest a feture that I think would be invaluble: Give it a feture to create a story board. The idea would be to take multiple pictures of the chat box and turn them into one picture. I was going to do this by hand when I did the ghostly clothes mini-quest, but after a couple minutes I realised how ,uch work that was going to be and found an alternate method. The end result is that I now have a 16 second movie at 10 frames/sec (and I should have made it slower) that contians all the dialog. Basicly, I set the camera focus to the chatbox, started and paused the movie (all using hypercam 2), and then took a still of every diece of dialog. The movie is missing about 7 parts at the beggining.

My point is a program that could have turned all that into a few stroy board style pics would have been invaluble. Instead, to view it I have to go into WMP (windows media player), slow the playback speed to minimum, and douple click the play button to advance frame by frame.

Have you ever wanted an easier way to take RuneScape screenshots? Isn't it annoying to have to crop them automatically?

If it's annoying to crop them automatically then I won't use your program :-#

OT: Swiftkit does it as well...

1288581197250-1.jpg

Have you ever wanted an easier way to take RuneScape screenshots? Isn't it annoying to have to crop them automatically?

If it's annoying to crop them automatically then I won't use your program :-#

OT: Swiftkit does it as well...

Some people don't wanna take the time to download the program... Although I own it and it indeed does a nice job with taking, cropping, and saving my screenshots.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Not sure if this has been posted but Cropper Capture is an excellent program, and it will take HD Fullscreen Pictures and automatically save them to your desired folder. You can also specify a window for it to capture as well. If you are in fullscreen mode, all you have to do is hide the window, and hit printscreen, and it will save pictures to desktop/folder/my documents, wherever

sindarin00.png

[hide=Drops]Barrows: Ahrim's Robeskirt (2)

Dragon: Plateskirt (3) : Left Halfs (2) : Med Helm (1) : Boots (14) : Spear (3)

Treasure Trails: Sara Platebody (1)

Slayer: Leaf Bladed Sword (9) : Granite Helm (3) : Granite Maul (1) : Black Mask (3) : Abyssal Whip (2)

Other: Obby Cape (1) : Obby Maul (2)

Splits: Shield Left Half (1) : Dragon Med Helm (4)[/hide]

Arrgh... I meant to type "manually", not "automaticallly"! :wall:

I think I have found a new best friend...

Improvements:

A minimize to tray function.

Maybe a graphic interface or a coordinate finder.

Already got that: to minimize the program to the system tray, just double click the tray icon (the red circle).

As for your second suggestion, what do you mean? It already has a coordinate finder, click the magnifying glass icon in the toolbar and you'll be able to select a window which will drop its coordinates into the text boxes on the toolbar.

---

Again, if you guys find any bugs please do let me know! Your suggestions are also appreciated, I'll look into implementing those along with features found in other similar programs.

huzza for Fraps \' , i have the full version so it aint bothering me that much

faiyaz101.png

Unfairly Banned-Appeal In Process, Its been slow due to the sheer number of them

Make it for Macs too, and the world will be at peace. ;)

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Why not just get a simple print screen program that take a print screen of the hole screen and saves it in a folder, without any annoying pop-ups confirming you want to print screen..

It's a Windows program, the pop-ups are a given. ;)

And I'd ask for a Mac too, except we already have a similar function. But thanks for making it for the Windows users, it looks like a great tool.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Well I recommend Gadwin PrintScreen, just google it.

You can set what it names the file.

Where it saves the file.

Can be set up so you just hit printscreen and its all done, no nasty pop-ups

Takes, Full screen ,current window, client window, Rectangular area, with or without mouse capture.

Set your own hotkeys, give it a delay, runs at windows start.

Saves as, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP & TIFF. can auto resize captured images and stamp them with time/date.

And its free, http://www.gadwin.com/