Circus Experience

baraglas

umm where is the circus and what do u need to start it?any guide on it?

This week, the circus is just West of Catherby (it moves every Wednesday). You don't need anything to start it. There's a guide at http://tip.it/runescape/?page=circus.htm .

Have some stats: [...]

Thanks, that's fantastic! It confirms my theory on higher-than-your-level rewards, and fills in some higher level xp awards too. We still need figures for:

Agility: Levels 80, 90, 99

Mage: Level 99

Range: Levels 90, 99

Remember that you need to be of at least that level to get (and report) the full experience - i.e. I need people who are level 99 in those skills to do the circus and report back.

I also think wearing circus clothes help you preform actions, but don't affect your xp

That's an interesting theory, but difficult to prove (apart from the bit about them not affecting xp, which is definitely true). I'm inclined to think that circus clothing improves the number of points you get towards earning more clothes, but doesn't affect success rate. It seems to make more sense - to me - to boost your success rate by wearing range/mage/agility clothing, drinking potions, etc. Mind you, I can't prove that that works either.

I've been thinking a bit more about the xp awarded to people below level 50. I did think that they'd get full xp for all moves up to their level and level 10 for the rest, but now I'm not sure. If you were level 1 in Mage and completed the levels 10 and 20 moves (which doesn't seem unreasonable), you'd be instantly catapulted to level 13! In fact, if you were level 10 and completed just the level 10 move, that'd send you to level 13 too.

I cannot believe that this would be the case, so there must be some level-related factoring that kicks in if you're below a certain level (as in, for example, Tears of Guthix). If there are people out there with accounts which have low-level Mage/Range/Agility scores, your circus results would be most useful. Remember, we need to know the xp you get for each successful move, not the whole performance.

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Since it's circus day again, I thought I'd remind folks that I'm still looking for people with level 99 in Agility, Mage and Range to report how much xp they get for each of these circus tricks:

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png

Bump.

Since it's circus day again, I thought I'd remind folks that I'm still looking for people with level 99 in Agility, Mage and Range to report how much xp they get for each of these circus tricks:

KK, I'll do ranged and magic tomorrow if I dont forget it.

Oh wait, I lost membership atm -.-

(I DID pay, but somehow, it's not getting renewed).

(99 range)

Lvl 90 Performance: 15, 922, 120 -> 15, 924, 615 (2,495 xp)

Lvl 99 Performance: 15, 924, 615 -> 15, 927, 115 (2,500 xp)

Hope it helps. :thumbsup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• 1 month later...

I posted before, but had forgotten about this...someone reminded me of it.

I can't believe this isn't being researched more. It seems like it's something that provides a ton of experience for a little bit of time.

It's a little confusing, but this is a great start.

It appears that wearing costumes has NO effect on your experience and neither do successful emotes...so just visiting quickly and performing the correct kinds of events looks like it will get me the experience I want...which is better than getting dressed up, remembering which emotes I need to do and so on.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I figured this out a few weeks ago when I accidentally synced my ToG with my circus visit and noticed the huge difference (seeing as it's the first thing I did on the 100k or 1qp req.)

Also I have not tested it fully but I have been told if you pot (which makes the performances easier) you get the XP as if your boosted lvl was your normal (meaning if you Pot to 99 you get XP as if you were 99)

Stupid.png

Does clothing affect circus experience? I thought it only affected your score?

no it doesn't affect experience although it does affect the score.

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Let me tell you some things.

1: Circus clothing does not affect your score.

2: Wearing Magic and Range attack bonus amour makes it easier to do your performance.

3: Wearing less kg. weight and reducing it helps with the Agility performance.

4: Emotes give no Exp.

2: Wearing Magic and Range attack bonus amour makes it easier to do your performance.

I did the mage one without failing once in full torags, I don't think it makes a difference.
imagangster.png

Let me tell you some things.

1: Circus clothing does not affect your score.

4: Emotes give no Exp.

#1 is the only one that is wrong, it does help, and emotes between moves do too (it adds variety and the audience likes it), if you don't have your best circus gear for a slot you should wear the best mage/range gear

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I'd seen this sooner. I have a spreadsheet with results from myself and several friends. Need to get together with you and/or get a topic going on Website Updates and Corrections. Most of my data is for people with 80s and 90s in mage and range, 70s in agility.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Wth regard to emotes affecting your score, someone did a post last week stating that certain emotes gain you more points at certain locations. For instance at Edge, the last Halloween emote (the bat one) gives more points than any of the others.

Can anyone confirm which emote is hot this week at Fally?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

This is helping alot, thanks to the creator of this thread! However, the one thing I don't understand is something I noticed in the post by Rosanante1: How in the world do you understand how many points an emote gives you?

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

This is helping alot, thanks to the creator of this thread! However, the one thing I don't understand is something I noticed in the post by Rosanante1: How in the world do you understand how many points an emote gives you?

LOLZ #-o

I dunno, just stating the thread I read. If I can find it i'll post back. 8-)

Edit: found it! Posted by Mattie9999 currently on page 2 as follows:

"EMOTES:

Due to my clothing discovery, I have found that the way emotes work is very simple.

Basically, when you do an emote you get a base 3 points. E.g, if you wear nothing, do one emote, and then finish, you get 3 points. If you wear full circus gear, you get 28 points. (3 + 25 points from the clothing bonus.)

However, when you do an emote that the audience likes, you get an extra 75 points. E.g, with the Edgeville Ranged Citizens liking the "Trick" emote, you get 3 points from the base emote points, 25 from the clothing bonus, and 75 from the audience satisfaction. This totals 103, which is what I got. (So I hope I'm right )

I was confused because sometimes I got 23 points, and sometimes 28. I now realise that this was because I was wearing acrobat for some of them, which doesn't have a hand object."

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

And i skipped out on the circus for how long now? :wall:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

LOLZ #-o

I dunno, just stating the thread I read. If I can find it i'll post back. 8-)

Edit: found it! Posted by Mattie9999 currently on page 2 as follows:

"EMOTES:

Due to my clothing discovery, I have found that the way emotes work is very simple.

Basically, when you do an emote you get a base 3 points. E.g, if you wear nothing, do one emote, and then finish, you get 3 points. If you wear full circus gear, you get 28 points. (3 + 25 points from the clothing bonus.)

However, when you do an emote that the audience likes, you get an extra 75 points. E.g, with the Edgeville Ranged Citizens liking the "Trick" emote, you get 3 points from the base emote points, 25 from the clothing bonus, and 75 from the audience satisfaction. This totals 103, which is what I got. (So I hope I'm right )

I was confused because sometimes I got 23 points, and sometimes 28. I now realise that this was because I was wearing acrobat for some of them, which doesn't have a hand object."

Ah, its good to see that people are taking notice of my points research. :thumbsup:

Wth regard to emotes affecting your score, someone did a post last week stating that certain emotes gain you more points at certain locations. For instance at Edge, the last Halloween emote (the bat one) gives more points than any of the others.

Can anyone confirm which emote is hot this week at Fally?

If only I knew... that's basically what I was trying to figure out. I only stumbled on the "Trick" emote giving a lot more points than anything else by accident. The only way to find out the "hot" emote is by trial and error. But sadly, as I am only 1 person, and I can only do it once a week, it is very slow for me to do it. This is the reason why I've moved away from finding the "hot" emotes, and am working on the points from the tricks in the event. (E.g, alching the anvil).

However, as people seem to be showing interest in this, can some of you help? It's a very painstaking job doing it on my own. -.-

~Mattie~

P.S If you want to see my thread, its here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=785980

However, as people seem to be showing interest in this, can some of you help? It's a very painstaking job doing it on my own. -.-

~Mattie~

Count me in. ;)

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

~Mattie~

Count me in. ;)

Cool thanks. Visit my thread here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=785980 and read the end of page 2. Tell me if you want to help.

Since there are still people who need hints for maximising exp:

- Use rangeclothes for range, mageclothes for magic, no clothes for agility.

- Use highest prayers for magic and range

- Pot for range, magic and agility

I never fail for range (99) :17710 exp and magic (99): 25007 exp

Probably once every 3,4 weeks a fail at agility (80). No fails result here in 9163 exp.

h_y_j_a_c_k.png