runescape=dumb?

SacredFlam3s

No. My friends play rs, some play wow as well as rs, some just play wow, and some play more games along with those. We all get along, and no one makes fun of anyone for playing those games at my school really.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mates play wow and rs, but I wouldn't talk to rs about anyone other than them...

What if a girl found out!? :ohnoes:

EDIT: Oh yeah, the last time I had a girl at my house my mum asked her, "So do you play runescape too?"

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

My mates play wow and rs, but I wouldn't talk to rs about anyone other than them...

What if a girl found out!? :ohnoes:

EDIT: Oh yeah, the last time I had a girl at my house my mum asked her, "So do you play runescape too?"

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

[hide=This is from a similar topic I posted on. Context is a little mature, TIFers beware]Lol, last week, I went to a gathering with my friend. He was trying to hook me up with this one girl. Turns out she has a son who is 13. We are all outside (10 of us) and her son comes up to me and says, "You got a Level 109?" Everyone looks at me. I'm thinking, "Oh god...not now." So I'm like, "116 actually. I don't play on Free Servers." Everyone is like, WTF is he talking about. Next thing I know, I'm into a full blown discussion about Runescape with her son. Turns out, my friend's girlfriend plays Runescape too. She had asked for my help and I was messing around on a Free Server, trying to help her get started in the game again. She told the girl's son. Turns out 2 other people there also play. And, because of the connection with her son, well let's just say...I got a new place to sleep ;)

Thank You Runescape!!! \'[/hide]

Same at my school, exept everyone plays guild wars :geek: only my best friends knows I STILL play, because I told everyone else I stopped playing because it was a stupid game (I totaly love Runescape btw, best game EVER!

ib7rVm.png

Same at my school, exept everyone plays guild wars :geek: only my best friends knows I STILL play, because I told everyone else I stopped playing because it was a stupid game (I totaly love Runescape btw, best game EVER!

Funny, I've never meet a single person in my school that plays Guild Wars.

I wonder what all the people here would think about people who play WoW and RuneScape, like me :D

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

Yeah, people usually attach a negative connotation to "Runescape". It's their right. You have the right to make fun of the stuff they enjoy too though. ;)

PS: Don't take the word "right" too literally.

It's because they're too lazy to get the levels. They instead want a game with an excessive amount of blood and gore or a game that you can beat within one day.

excatly

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

I find this thread title to be very offensive. I know plenty of dumb people and I don't think they would appreciate you using the word "dumb" in a negative way.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Nah, I don't tell anyone I play, its not that everyone else is doing other games, its just that, everyone including me spend most of their free time doing sports, and other sports related games. NBA 2k8 is so fun.

Well, seeing as I am the only person in my school who plays RuneScape and is over level 100... -.-

Sucks.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I got another secret. Kids will take the piss out of other kids for anything. If it wasn't for playing Runescape it would be your hairstyle, the trainers you wear, the car your dad drives etc.

Yeah, I can vouch for that as well.

j0xPu5R.png

And that's partly why I went to Travian. Despite it's silly, child-like graphics, it is an extremely good game where your personality determines your chances of survival. A LOT more mature than Runescape and WOW.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

2 people i know hate runescape, most play it and when i acidently revealed i played it to my best friend (he's the type who hates mmorpg's and takes the micky out of people who play wow) he revealed he wanted to play it but didnt know [garden tool] to. :lol:

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

only person i know who plays rs is a loner 18 year old who i know nothing about but i heard hes maxed out :-#

but apart from that im only person who plays and i havent told anyone

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

As far as I see...If you call RS "for nerds" because its an RPG or Fantasy, then you basically call Fifa and other games that are supposedly "cool" for nerds too

You are having a FANTASY that you are the players....You are pretending/playing the role of the payers.

Just one example of many

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

well, at my school there are a handful of people who play rs. Im sure that if I just came out and said to my whole grade that i played runescape they would be laughing, calling me a nerd etc.

people can be harsh these days :evil:

Anyone who calls you a nerd for playing runescape and not playing WoW like them is obviously a pathetic loser who enjoys picking on others who they feel are stereotyped to be "lower" than them because they themselves often get picked on.

I mean, look at it this way.

Runescape

-Is cheaper, and has waaay better texturing.

-Has impressive graphics for a free game.

-Has many skills, whereas WoW only has a few.

-Not as simple as it looks, can be just as addictive as WoW, but cheaper.

Now if you tell me WoW is still better than Runescape, then meh. I must have missed something out.

Sorry to tell you but if you play MMORPG, you're gonna be classified as a nerd...by society.

So do what you like. If you like video games...play them, but if you don't want people to think you're a nerd...than you're gonna have to pick. or do what you're doing and just keep it a secret. When I was in highschool, I didn't let my friends know that instead of going to the girls vball game, or basketball game, i'd rather stay at home. Now I regret even playing this game because 1.I would have rathered spent that time learning useful stuff about computers/electronics pertaining to my major. 2. I would have rather went with my friends and had a good time. 3. MMORPG are for nerds, and I consider myself to be very social.

w4M8t.png

If you haven't noticed yet, Runescape does suck, and is compiled mostly of younger players. Your friends aren't lying.

With that said, I've played this game longer than any of you, so don't try and argue. The game was great when it had originality, but now each update is the same and each update is useless.

Stellactic.gif

I've played this game longer than any of you, so don't try and argue.

congrats!? GJ! =D> =D> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: \' \'

if you play MMORPG, you're gonna be classified as a nerd...by society.

we live in a materialistic world with materialistic views.

Sp1nn3y.png

wa5t3dy0u7h.jpeg

1057394893crochrofl.PNG

World 46 Regular

People at my school thing WoW is just as bad as RS. This is what you get when you hang with skaters :P

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

MMORPGs are 'nerdy' by definition, but just playing it and talking about it isn't 'nerdy' enough to warrant insults. I prefer the title 'gamer' to those people (me included), it's much more accurate and less negatively stereotypical.

I will, however, respect the views of a WoW player who says that WoW is better than RS, and has reasons to back it up, even if I don't agree with them. If the words like nerdy or dumb (or equivalent) gets thrown around, you're entitled to ignore them until they stop using that abysmal argument.

As for me, I don't try to talk about the game merely because there would be no gain in doing so. But, I will answer truthfully if asked:

"I play RuneScape in my spare time, so what?"

~ W ~

sigzi.png

TO be honsest, Being called a nerd is better than being an idiot.

Im sure Bill gates got called a nerd, look at the amount of money he has :thumbsup:

And people who think their "cooL" by not revising and stuff are bin men or live on benefits.

Chose which what you would rather be 8-)

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining