Grandmaster Quest Rewards

@Dan3HitU

Armour that reduces damage.

This sounds like a bad idea. We don't actually need this.

Anyone who wants armour that reduces damage clearly doesn't understand the mechanics of runescape combat.

ALL armour reduces damage.

When in combat from a defensive view point your defensive level dtermines whether u take the hit or dodge it (thus receiving a 0)

After this its a matter of their strength/mage/range level and the relivant attack bonus (stab, slash, crush mage range) versus your defence bonuses.

If they have 80 str and can do say 30 max hit with slash but only have +30 slash attack while you have +100 slash defence it calculates to that incoming hit having a -70 slash on it resulting in you taking less damage.

Actually you don't understand it - by your logic, armor should lower max hit. Yet, wearing very high level armor I've taken monster's full max hits (and monsters have very low attack bonuses). Armor adds onto your defence in determining whether or not an attack hits... nothing affects how much damage an attack that has landed will do except the strength bonuses of the attacking player, and the divine/elysian shields.

bobthesock is right here

By your logic damage reducing armour needs to lower the max hit.

This simply is not realistic and pointless with the current system in place.

While armour does NOT lower in anyway the maximum you can be hit for by a monster it DOES affect the odds of being hit that hard.

If you slash defence out weight their slash attack while they can still hit their max hit they are far more likely to hit a lower number

eg if you have +20 slash def and they have 0 slash attack they culd stiull hit thier max of 40, but the odds would be skewed in your favour making 1 - 20 damage far more likely with 20+ becoming progressivly rarer up to the max hit of 40 which would have very long odds

Where as if you had 0 slash def and they had +20 slash attack the odds would slide to make 1 - 20 far rarer and 20+ more common.

Put simply armour does not negate their attack power, it just alters the odds of what you will get hit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mhh i would love to get a new Prayer or Spellbook next to the new area we might get. But i guess it´s the Dragon Plate coming so that´s a lot already .

Ps : Did you read the last Message of Jagex about the Jagex shop ?? Last Sentence is the most interesting (as often :D ).

"... .Also, be sure to keep a keen eye on the Jagex Store over the next week or two, as we have some fantastic offers planned for the Christmas period. There might even be a dragon-themed item of clothing on the way..."

Knowing the humor of Jagex that could mean putting a clue right in front of our nose :lol:. First, we get a T-shirt with a Dragon Print. Second, we get some "dragon cloth" (aka Dragon Plate) with the next Update \:D/. Doesn´t exclude each other, does it ?

found a rather interesting thing in the load screen:

loadscreen.jpg

left side is skulls: mjarrat - zamorak(skulls as heads)

right side normal: human - saradomin

as we know the quest is imminent, and there is hint all over rs, this is a new hint, where i think it stands for a path between good and evil(choice)

sorry if wrong place can't find a tread for the grandmaster quest itself ;)

See the sun? They did say a big update is 'over the horizon'

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

found a rather interesting thing in the load screen:

loadscreen.jpg

left side is skulls: mjarrat - zamorak(skulls as heads)

right side normal: human - saradomin

as we know the quest is imminent, and there is hint all over rs, this is a new hint, where i think it stands for a path between good and evil(choice)

sorry if wrong place can't find a tread for the grandmaster quest itself ;)

See the sun? They did say a big update is 'over the horizon'

not again :shock: :lol:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Actually, most people classify 70 as high.

I think most people would disagree, I being one of them.

On Topic: I think a new familiar will be unlocked. A really useful one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they released new god prayer books (as previously mentioned). If you look on the Runescape Official Forums, there's a player suggestion on there for a guthix prayer book. Look through a few pages and you'll see a comment by a JAGEX MOD saying that they think the idea is great, well thought out, and that more people should give suggestions like the one this player proposed. It just seems to follow that that thread may have caught Jagex's interest.

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

I wouldn't be surprised if they released new god prayer books (as previously mentioned). If you look on the Runescape Official Forums, there's a player suggestion on there for a guthix prayer book. Look through a few pages and you'll see a comment by a JAGEX MOD saying that they think the idea is great, well thought out, and that more people should give suggestions like the one this player proposed. It just seems to follow that that thread may have caught Jagex's interest.

A guthix prayer book? Am i mistaken in thinking that the "book of balance" is that exact thing?

What.

I'd say it all depends on the quest requirements.

we are making guesses, so take a guess at the quest requirements in ur head and spit out what u think will be the rewards. since its a grandmaster quest i assume it will have higher requirments then most of the other quests. maybe 70+ skills required and being able to kill a lv300 or something, probably be a dragon plate like a few people speculated

How about a pouch that lets us store all our charms?

hithaiti-1-1.jpg

More knowledge about elder gods and guthix.

Thats all...

Nah if i say i would go for rings, the dks rings are old... we need better, like some kind of rings that give defence bonus and str.

And more you go on quest you recive them like: ''Take this saradomin ring with you for protection(Defence bonus) Or even max of the enemie reduces by 1.

Or acess to an ''losen civilitacion'' that havent changed in last years and continues be like if they where on 1st age with new weapons (robert the strong armor and bow anyone?).

Belt and prayers rewards sound stupid for the biggest quest ever, we need to acess a place bigger than varrok and falador.

Currently working on 62 farming for the new quest!!

I love quest.

96/99 att

82/99 slayer

70 is high if you consider that there's 99 levels to a skill. It's nearly 70% of the total amount of levels to a skill.

Don't get me wrong, though - it took me a hell of a lot longer to get 90+ in combat skills than 70 from 40 or other ranges.

2dgucz6.png

70 is high if you consider that there's 99 levels to a skill. It's nearly 70% of the total amount of levels to a skill.

Don't get me wrong, though - it took me a hell of a lot longer to get 90+ in combat skills than 70 from 40 or other ranges.

However the xp increases exponentially. This means lvl 70, in terms on xp is under 1/13th of the way to 99

76 is about 1/10th of the way

85 is 1/4

92 is 1/2

IMO 70 is high to those who don't have it.

Truely high end stuff needs to be around 80 - 85 imo, don't think there 90+ makes a large enough group to need tht lvl of equipment yet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Armour that reduces damage.

This sounds like a bad idea. We don't actually need this.

Anyone who wants armour that reduces damage clearly doesn't understand the mechanics of runescape combat.

ALL armour reduces damage.

When in combat from a defensive view point your defensive level dtermines whether u take the hit or dodge it (thus receiving a 0)

After this its a matter of their strength/mage/range level and the relivant attack bonus (stab, slash, crush mage range) versus your defence bonuses.

If they have 80 str and can do say 30 max hit with slash but only have +30 slash attack while you have +100 slash defence it calculates to that incoming hit having a -70 slash on it resulting in you taking less damage.

Actually you don't understand it - by your logic, armor should lower max hit. Yet, wearing very high level armor I've taken monster's full max hits (and monsters have very low attack bonuses). Armor adds onto your defence in determining whether or not an attack hits... nothing affects how much damage an attack that has landed will do except the strength bonuses of the attacking player, and the divine/elysian shields.

bobthesock is right here

By your logic damage reducing armour needs to lower the max hit.

This simply is not realistic and pointless with the current system in place.

While armour does NOT lower in anyway the maximum you can be hit for by a monster it DOES affect the odds of being hit that hard.

If you slash defence out weight their slash attack while they can still hit their max hit they are far more likely to hit a lower number

eg if you have +20 slash def and they have 0 slash attack they culd stiull hit thier max of 40, but the odds would be skewed in your favour making 1 - 20 damage far more likely with 20+ becoming progressivly rarer up to the max hit of 40 which would have very long odds

Where as if you had 0 slash def and they had +20 slash attack the odds would slide to make 1 - 20 far rarer and 20+ more common.

Put simply armour does not negate their attack power, it just alters the odds of what you will get hit.

Exactly. Their chance of damage is reduced. Their damage is not reduced. This is what I am saying.

Zerker_jane.png

It seems like people are thinking that the rewards for this quest are going to be on the conservative side, ranging for something as moot as a "useful" familiar to a new skill. I really, really doubt both ends of the spectrum here.

Most of the Master quests (the old highest level quest) give out generous amounts of XP, from 4K to [God knows how much in total from RFD], new and useful items, access to unique locations, or a mix of them all. With this Grandmaster quest category, I'm willing to bet that we'll see a stretch, as far as XP goes, from 12K to 60K. That's only if we follow the trends in quest difficulty to rewards -- I really don't know.

The Master quests also grant us unique abilities, or let us join elite guilds. I don't think that we'll be able to do any of that with this upcoming Grandmaster quest, but something tells me that we'll be granted, in some form, Dragon smithing. I doubt that it'll be similar to traditional Mining->Smithing -- we'll probably get the raw bar or some form of bar intermediate to work with. I'm also skeptical if we'll be able to see any dragon higher than Mithril -- I'm thinking that we'll get the opportunity to fight against Dragonkin themselves.

I don't think that any new Slayer monster will come into play. Kinda seems silly, unless that Slayer monster drops the Plate or the Dragon bars themselves.

If (and only if) the Dragon Plate is released, it will theoretically complete the set. Hence, there's a possibility for a set effect with Dragon.

[i would also like to see damage-reducing armor as well - it seems absurd that we can get gobsmacked for 77s, and all our armor does is reduce that chance.]

Lastly, I'm thinking that everything will become crystal clear as far as rewards go when the requirements are released. I'm believing that we're going to require no less than 75 Smithing and some level of Crafting with this one, as well as high Magic, Prayer, and Hitpoints. Slayer could also factor in, at probably level 80 or 85.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I just had a brainstorm. What if those clue things you get from the Mithril Dragons actually lead to something? :o (I have never been there, but I heard when it came out there were like torn clues or something.)

Turnpikes.png

I just had a brainstorm. What if those clue things you get from the Mithril Dragons actually lead to something? :o (I have never been there, but I heard when it came out there were like torn clues or something.)

nope not at all... unless uri is going to be a main figure in the quest.

nope not at all... unless uri is going to be a main figure in the quest.

He means the ancient pages.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots