Grandmaster Quest Rewards

@Dan3HitU

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon some new God items.

Not just decorative God items, but useful ones.

What requirements? Because I think we all know Jagex would never dare making a proper "high" level content update such as Level 90 weapons. Jagex are so confused, they actually class "70" as "high"...

its sure be nice if jagex made lvl 80 and 90 requirement items. that would make training to 99 more worth it imo. both rare armor and armor easier to get such as barrows.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

And I think we will be able to attach shoulder pads or something to a dragon chain to make a dragon platebody( using the mithril dragon forge of course \' )

(ie: another useless item)

That is an interesting way of doing dragon "smithing". The ability to update previous dragon armour to make it better, although it'd only have a use with chain --> plate and even then that wouldn't be a platebody it'd be a chain with bigger shoulder pads. And maybe have a use with axe (add another head to get a pickaxe).

I honestly don't know what the reward could be but hopefully something worthwhile.

Now to do all the quests I haven't done yet -.-

The smithing idea seems very likely. In essence, we already have it in D Squares, Spirit Shields, and DFS.

I have high expectations for the grandmaster quest, such as whole new classes of weapons unlocked massive new areas high level dungions whole new cities just to complete the quest, if you ask me jagex shouldmake this quest neigh unbeatable, the pinneacle of accomplishment, 50 times harder then legends quest and 100 times longer

Rejected.jpg

Maybe a big update to every skill? :lol:

Seriously though I expect a new slayer creature, and possible new dragon items (which it drops) or new wep/armour (drops)

Doomy edit: I like sheep

It's probably gonna be A. a useful area that we never go to because it's out of the way with no nearby banks and the path is fraught with danger, B. a easily accessed useless area, or C. exp. Lots and lots of exp that we forget about getting three days later.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I've been talking to my friend about the quest since he got a message from jagex about it (and hes only lvl 88 lol) well we have been saying that possibilities will be dragon plate body, dragon pick axe, a large sum of xp, new additions to skills, and new items of random usefullness

i'm hoping its actually noting i want because i'll prob never do the quest lol, i'm not a quest person at all!! lol

cac29dfe51.png

image.png

Please click and warm up my egg.

Armour that reduces damage.

This sounds like a bad idea. We don't actually need this.

Anyone who wants armour that reduces damage clearly doesn't understand the mechanics of runescape combat.

ALL armour reduces damage.

When in combat from a defensive view point your defensive level dtermines whether u take the hit or dodge it (thus receiving a 0)

After this its a matter of their strength/mage/range level and the relivant attack bonus (stab, slash, crush mage range) versus your defence bonuses.

If they have 80 str and can do say 30 max hit with slash but only have +30 slash attack while you have +100 slash defence it calculates to that incoming hit having a -70 slash on it resulting in you taking less damage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Anyone who wants armour that reduces damage clearly doesn't understand the mechanics of runescape combat.

When in combat from a defensive view point your defensive level dtermines whether u take the hit or dodge it (thus receiving a 0)

After this its a matter of their strength/mage/range level and the relivant attack bonus (stab, slash, crush mage range) versus your defence bonuses.

If they have 80 str and can do say 30 max hit with slash but only have +30 slash attack while you have +100 slash defence it calculates to that incoming hit having a -70 slash on it resulting in you taking less damage.

I do see where you're coming from, but Jagex have stated that no armour reduces damage (this was before the new shields which I believe do reduce damage).

Zerker_jane.png

I do see where you're coming from, but Jagex have stated that no armour reduces damage (this was before the new shields which I believe do reduce damage).

So basically, Level 1 defence and full-torag would still get hit the same as without wearing any armour? I don't agree with that. Unless Jagex fully re-wrote the entire hitting system/damage system (which they didn't) when rs2 was made, because you could wear any armour at any defence at the start of rs1.

So basically, Level 1 defence and full-torag would still get hit the same as without wearing any armour? I don't agree with that. Unless Jagex fully re-wrote the entire hitting system/damage system (which they didn't) when rs2 was made, because you could wear any armour at any defence at the start of rs1.

I will look for the quote in a minute.

If you look at people like 'Bonesaw pk' for example who is 20 defence and wears full corrupt statius (which needs 20 def but has defence bonuses of the 78 defence armour) you'll notice he gets hit a lot less.

However, if someone has a max hit of 40, they can hit 40 on him.

The armour will not reduce the max hit to 35, or 38, or any number. He can still hit a possible 40.

This would be a lot harder, of course, then hitting on him when he wears just full mithril, but the damage the opponent can do will still be a max of 40. The damage is not reduced at all, it just becomes less frequent.

So in answer of your question not only would level 1 defence torag's armour be a gift from god, it would stop people hitting as much as they would on say, monk robes, but it would not reduce their damage at all, only make it less frequent.

Zerker_jane.png

Actually you don't understand it - by your logic, armor should lower max hit. Yet, wearing very high level armor I've taken monster's full max hits (and monsters have very low attack bonuses). Armor adds onto your defence in determining whether or not an attack hits... nothing affects how much damage an attack that has landed will do except the strength bonuses of the attacking player, and the divine/elysian shields.

found a rather interesting thing in the load screen:

loadscreen.jpg

left side is skulls: mjarrat - zamorak(skulls as heads)

right side normal: human - saradomin

as we know the quest is imminent, and there is hint all over rs, this is a new hint, where i think it stands for a path between good and evil(choice)

sorry if wrong place can't find a tread for the grandmaster quest itself ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

found a rather interesting thing in the load screen:

loadscreen.jpg

left side is skulls: mjarrat - zamorak(skulls as heads)

right side normal: human - saradomin

as we know the quest is imminent, and there is hint all over rs, this is a new hint, where i think it stands for a path between good and evil(choice)

sorry if wrong place can't find a tread for the grandmaster quest itself ;)

I was more interested that Jagex remembered to give him a backpack, ala "where is our inventory kept" reference.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

What I find interesting about the above picture is that both sides are exactly the same. Which in my opinion is very telling about the gods themselves- They are both the same, except for their view of what is right. probably just reading too deep, but as far as I'm concerned saradomin is no more the 'good' god as bob the cat is actually bob the dog.

Also, how can we carry 28 kite shields in that tiny backpack? or 28 full barrels of tar? or 28 kegs o' beer? :? :o

maybe we have a space-time eddie which makes our backpacks like the tartus!

lets travel through time in our magical backpacks to crash the partyhat market!!! :twisted:

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

My idea behind the damage reducing armour:

It allows for more powerful weapons, say something with the speed of a scimitar and power of a Godsword. Now this would be very useful when monster hunting, etc right? But when it is entered into a pvp situation, 3 hits and you die even if you're downing brews as fast as you can. Which brings me to damage reducing armour. Say it requires 90 defence and cuts max hit by 20%. Of course, it would have to degrade fairly quickly and have a pretty heavy repair cost so it's not too unbalanced.

Just an idea though, I'm sure there are plenty of flaws with it. Feel free to tear it apart :D

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

A new ring which you can choose to be a big helper in any of the skills. For example, if you choose mining, you will be able to mine coal twice as fast as before if you wear the ring. Just an idea :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak