Quest Cape Respected Now

Roflcopters

Because guides exist, I won't ever have respect for it.

The requirements for it aren't exactly high either. I was expecting some actual high ones for this grandmaster quest. Or at least no low requirements in it at all. I'd like to know why someone thought it was a good idea to have a 23 summoning reuirement.

Exactly. It's just like the fire cape. You get 70 range, 43 prayer, and BAM. That easy.

I don't see the point here. All you need are the levels! THAT'S ALL YOU NEED GUYS! ALL YOU NEED ARE THE LVELE SS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Except the quest cape takes more than 3 levels, and no Bam. It's not that easy, the time is immense.

Yeah, and the only thing you need for a skillcape are levels, how is your arguement justified? HEHEHEHEHE (Hey I can look stupid too, you make it look so easy, probably because your the real thing.)

How are you even in this arguement? You have no 99s. I'm not bragging but I have 3, and the quest cape. I wonder who is more unbiased.

Almost makes you wonder if I'm serious, eh?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quest guides... But look in the AOW and such...

There are skill guides, too.

Should we no longer respect skills because they have guides? No. So why are quests different?

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

So because skill guides exist (in even greater numbers), you'll be trashing the skill capes too?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

So because skill guides exist (in even greater numbers), you'll be trashing the skill capes too?

It's so obvious I don't really need to explain it, but since you don't realise for some reason...

A quest without a guide, tests your skills, ability to solve puzzles, and general knowledge about runescape. With a guide, you're just checking off a list and ignoring the main part that's supposed to be challenging.

Levelling a skill isn't supposed to take as much thought as a quest does, that's their main difference. Also, the guides are different anyway.

A quest guide tells you what to do, when and where, skill guides tend to give xp lists, advice on where and how to train it and stuff like that.

Think like this, without a guide and with a guide, cooking 100 shark would be exactly the same. Doing a quest without a guide is purely a test to see how well you do against the challenges set for you.

Doing the same quest with the guide means you don't care for storylines, you're just doing it for rewards or the sake to have a cape, and you'd rather look good for completing it than know you actually worked it out yourself.

It's like cheating on a test.

It's so obvious I don't really need to explain it, but since you don't realise for some reason...

A quest without a guide, tests your skills, ability to solve puzzles, and general knowledge about runescape. With a guide, you're just checking off a list and ignoring the main part that's supposed to be challenging.

Levelling a skill isn't supposed to take as much thought as a quest does, that's their main difference. Also, the guides are different anyway.

A quest guide tells you what to do, when and where, skill guides tend to give xp lists, advice on where and how to train it and stuff like that.

Think like this, without a guide and with a guide, cooking 100 shark would be exactly the same. Doing a quest without a guide is purely a test to see how well you do against the challenges set for you.

Doing the same quest with the guide means you don't care for storylines, you're just doing it for rewards or the sake to have a cape, and you'd rather look good for completing it than know you actually worked it out yourself.

So, you have zero respect for the entire spectrum of people with quest capes, including those who did not use guides, of which there are many?

dgs5.jpg

[hide=]

So, you have zero respect for the entire spectrum of people with quest capes, including those who did not use guides, of which there are many?

[/hide]

I can't tell who they are and I don't take people's word for things like that, so yes. They can be proud of themselves if they didn't use a guide, but I'm not gonna take guesses on who I think I should respect for having one.

I can't tell who they are and I don't take people's word for things like that, so yes. They can be proud of themselves if they didn't use a guide, but I'm not gonna take guesses on who I think I should respect for having one.

Ah I see, well that's understandable. I do something similar. I just assume that everyone I meet is a pedo.

dgs5.jpg

From what I hear the new quest is just long not hard so I realy don't have too much respect for it. Not to mention 65+ in a skill is easily gotten within a day or 2 so the requirements arn't hard. Maybe if a quest required 75+ in a skill and killing an extremely hard monster I would respect it more. Also I do respect the people who don't use guides even more but there arn't too many.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I wear my quest cape over my thieving cape, and I'd wear it over many other skill capes as well if I had them.

A skill cape shows how much time you've spent clicking, doing mundane and monotonous tasks, requiring only a limited and specific knowledge of the Runescape world. I don't really want to wear something that says "I've been doing something over and over again for who knows how many hours." Why would I respect someone for spending more hours than I do playing the game?

A quest cape, however, indicates that I know the game and what is in it, and can use the most convenient methods of obtaining what I want when the need arises (penguin hide and seek, I can access all areas and use a myriad of transportation methods to reach them, when my friends can't).

It says, whatever you're doing, I've probably done before; wherever you want to go, I've been there and can get there using fairy rings, gliders, instant-gnome trees. I have access to the entire game area and can take advantage of most aspects when a new update is released. I get the most out of my $5 per month exploring new content rather than milling over the same clicks over and over again. (Unless doing that floats your boat, of course)

But why would completing all the quests earn respect either?

Good job, you did something anyone else could do if they had the time, and were willing to spend it making a million runes, or updating our quest completion list.

We kid ourselves when we say people with capes deserve other people's respect.

Respect should be given to people just for doing what they want to do in the game, and how they act, regardless of how much time they want to spend playing it. The capes don't tell me anything about the person that would increase or decrease my respect for them. Why should it?

And if not the person, why the hell would I respect a cape?

I respect people for who they are, not what they can do.

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

still a noob cape quest was easy.. just a puzzle quest.. quest capes the same as it was a week ago tbh.. people who had it a week ago had the requirements all they had to do was some puzzles then kill demons with 255 Combat stats which was really easy

Dont get me wrong though best quest ever i loved it

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

if you look at it like that all capes of archievement are "n00b" capes, what ever cape you have you always will get called a noob for having it. even slayer and runecrafting capes, as people will call you a "no life"

if you actually are going to look in length and preserverence needed for a cape this is the order you would come up with:

* runecrafting

* slayer

* quest

* firemaking

* farming

* prayer

* resource skills

* fighting combat skills

* buy-bank-skill capes

runecrafting and slayer are obviously the longest and hardest to get with suffering braindamage or taking a year, doing the quest cape without guides can take well over 6 months and even a year if you start out at lvl 1's. firemaking has the most clicks for 99 ever, if you get this one without getting RSI your lucky. farming is considered fun by some people and "not THAT annoying" by most, but still takes a long time to get. prayer would be higher if the ecto funcus hadn't got the update and the POH altars never had come out. the combat skills are considered the funnest skills by many and are thus not "hard" to train, slayer only is because it takes so long; you'll max at least 2 combats and probably 3 before getting 99 slayer

i have (had until 65 herblore, getting back within a week) a quest capé, i'm aiming for a firemaking cape, and never train combat without slayer

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

I wear my quest cape over my thieving cape, and I'd wear it over many other skill capes as well if I had them.

A skill cape shows how much time you've spent clicking, doing mundane and monotonous tasks, requiring only a limited and specific knowledge of the Runescape world. I don't really want to wear something that says "I've been doing something over and over again for who knows how many hours." Why would I respect someone for spending more hours than I do playing the game?

A quest cape, however, indicates that I know the game and what is in it, and can use the most convenient methods of obtaining what I want when the need arises (penguin hide and seek, I can access all areas and use a myriad of transportation methods to reach them, when my friends can't).

It says, whatever you're doing, I've probably done before; wherever you want to go, I've been there and can get there using fairy rings, gliders, instant-gnome trees. I have access to the entire game area and can take advantage of most aspects when a new update is released. I get the most out of my $5 per month exploring new content rather than milling over the same clicks over and over again. (Unless doing that floats your boat, of course)

But why would completing all the quests earn respect either?

Good job, you did something anyone else could do if they had the time, and were willing to spend it making a million runes, or updating our quest completion list.

We kid ourselves when we say people with capes deserve other people's respect.

Respect should be given to people just for doing what they want to do in the game, and how they act, regardless of how much time they want to spend playing it. The capes don't tell me anything about the person that would increase or decrease my respect for them. Why should it?

And if not the person, why the hell would I respect a cape?

I respect people for who they are, not what they can do.

The truth stands in the quote above.

and plus, only place I've ever died at, outside of PKing and GWD would be during a quest, giving a certain degree of danger, especially when doing quests on release.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

So where is yours?

Don't have one. I'm a bit wary of quests which give attack/strength experience 8-)

And, to whomever said it takes longer to do quests than to get a skill cape, I seriously beg to differ.

So do I, the only skills that take longer than a quest cape to get are runecrafting, hp and slayer, and even then quest capes are dozens of times harder to get than those repetitive skills.

Think about it, the skilling alone will equal that of any skill cape. 8M xp is the MINIMUM required to complete all quests, you most likely will use more in order to get better combat stats, better agility, better hunter for spottier cape, better summoning to get a better familiar etc (imagine trying to get a strength cape with a mithril scimitar). This is across ALL the skills, meaning you have to switch and be efficient in all of them, and also meaning you have to train them from lower levels, making it less xp/hr. All taken in, this effort is easily equal to if not greater than the 13.5m xp you need to get a skill cape.

Beyond that you have to do the quests. There are 150 quests, most shorter quests being 30min-1hr while longer quests can take 3-5 hours, even longer if you don't use a guide. On average a quest takes 1.5-2hrs to complete, meaning all the quests will require at least 225 hours to complete. These hours alone can account for a whole entire skill cape.

You have to travel almost every square of runescape, use every skill, and use your own problem solving and reflexes in order to pass all the quests. A lot of times you also need a lot of luck and patience (try Mourning's End Part 2 and you'll know what I mean).

It's also not cheap, I've probably spent upwards of 20M on getting everything required for a quest cape, including outfitting my house for teleportation, getting 70 prayer for piety and 70 construction for a gilded altar helpful against many bosses, training all the skills, buying all the items, buying things like prayer and super energy potions, house teleports, food etc.

In short, the only skill capes that should exceed the respect a quest cape should get are runecrafting, hp and slayer, and even that is debatable.

Please add a poll:

What do you think of the Quest Cape?

a) I only have a Quest Cape and I respect the Quest Cape over other capes.

B) I have a Quest Cape and Skillcape(s) and I respect the Quest Cape over other capes.

c) I have a Quest Cape and Skillcape(s) and I respect Skillcapes over the Quest Cape.

d) I have a Skillcape but not a Quest Cape and I respect the Quest Cape over other capes.

e) I have a Skillcape but not a Quest Cape and I respect Skillcapes over the Quest Cape.

f) I don't have any Capes and I respect the Quest Cape over other capes.

g) I don't have any Capes and I respect Skillcapes over the Quest Cape.

h) I do not need the respect of anyone

I choose h)

Please add a poll:

What do you think of the Quest Cape?

a) I only have a Quest Cape and I respect the Quest Cape over other capes.

B) I have a Quest Cape and Skillcape(s) and I respect the Quest Cape over other capes.

c) I have a Quest Cape and Skillcape(s) and I respect Skillcapes over the Quest Cape.

d) I have a Skillcape but not a Quest Cape and I respect the Quest Cape over other capes.

e) I have a Skillcape but not a Quest Cape and I respect Skillcapes over the Quest Cape.

f) I don't have any Capes and I respect the Quest Cape over other capes.

g) I don't have any Capes and I respect Skillcapes over the Quest Cape.

h) I do not need the respect of anyone

I choose h)

my vote would be for f

although i'm going for 99 slayer and quest cape.

[hide=Stats/Goals And Drops]66evilone67.gif

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

3 - Black Mask

3 - Dragon Med Helm---1 - Dragon Boots---1 - Dragon Spear

5 - Granite Maul[/hide]

On your "poll" you forgot the option "I have only a quest point cape and don't respect any over another."

I honestly don't see why people are even having this debate. It's just another cape, another item, who should really care? If it matters that much to you, I will tell you to reconsider what you are doing with this game. It's not that important.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Roflmao, unlike most of the skillcapes, questcape requires a lot of skill. If you say that clicking "make X", then...youre just dumb.

Quests are a freaking gazillion times more interesting than sitting a month in rogues den clicking on fire.

Your call.

I HEARD YOU LIEK MUDKIPS

Runescape is mostly 13+ with just a few under that age.

Drops: Bones

Heck, it's always been respected. I've honestly never seen someone say "Quest Cape is stupid/nooby".

It takes patience to do quests, and also lateral thinking for some of them.

Though I do think that quest guides add a whole new realm to this discussion.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Jagex are obviously planning to release many more grandmaster quests in the future and it could be that these are even harder. Not even someone with a slayer quest ( which in my opinion is by far the hardest) can say that his skill will last as long as runescape. Once he or she has lvl 99 and he/ she has put the time and effort in he never has to skill again. Also the time it takes is very great, the xp which is over 8 mill is a very large amount. Also any other skill you can set up a plan and stick to it say catch red chins or sharks to 99. Whereas the quest cape will train skills and is absolutely necessary to almost every person playing runescape. No herblore, almost no rune/ pure ess and many other things beside depend abssolutely on quest and I think the quest cape deserves the respect of the best capes and I congratulate anyone with one

Thanks to Kadad06 my cousin who got me hooked on this awesome game.

I many cases but not all. (Although its more what the cape represents rather than the cape itself) and

h) I do not need the respect of anyone --- (In this game but in rl its very important to be respected by fellow humans tbh. Its how you get laid.)

Because in experience I know what is harder to achieve in this game. I 'DO' respect the quest cape though.