Quest Cape Respected Now

Roflcopters

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you can get FOUR skill capes for absolutely free. Step one. Make an account. Step two. Do Tutorial Island. Step three. Cross the bridge and go to the chicken farm. Step four. Punch and kick chickens until your strength, attack, Hp, and defense are at level 99. If you bury all the bones, and cook all the carcasses, you'll also have 99 prayer and cooking! See how easy that was?!?

And there's my answer to guides. Sure, it sounds easy enough, but when you're fighting the Gelattinoth Mother, wondering why all your attacks are splashing while SHE'S hitting constant thirteens and twelves, the reaction is quite different. Course, with chickens they can hit all of one, so no worries, mate!

Incorrect. With that method, you can get four *skills* to 99 for free.

You cannot get four *skill capes* absolutely free as you have mentioned, because it would cost 396k.

Also, you say you can get *four* 99 skills but you mention *six* skills.

Sell the feathers. Voila.

Luigisig.png

...It's still a noob cape. Quests take no skill, especially since a large part of quests is running around Runescape playing delivery boy/girl with the odd battle thrown in here and there.

Edit: And the highest level you need for a quest is like 75, right? That's like 1/12th the experience of 99, iirc.

And clicking something/ running around repetiviely for xp seems to take "more skill"?

I've always respected the quest cape, because it's like at 99, you still have to mantain the cape.

Then again, I have a small bit in me that practically asks "why bother? it's just an item".

:?

i agree that it will become more common as more people will go for it with the new reward, also i think the only reason that most high level players, myself included, do no have a quest point cape is because of the low rewards.

Skilling almost always gave more experience than doing a quest with a guide and always gave more money than doing a quest with a guide.

Now when I did decide to do a quest for fun or for a reward I did enjoy the storyline, cut scenes, combat, and appreciate Jagex's work on that.

I decided to start working on a quest cape on Wednesday as I think they will have better rewards in the future for questers where their time put into the quest is recognized.

StarViv.png

the new quest wasn't hard with a guide.

i found summers end much harder -.-

Yeah from what i have just been hearing it does sound like a rather simple quest, no super complex hidden riddles or anything. There is no way i could have done summer's end without a guide without dying 20+ times.

cool_sig1.jpg

Naw. The majority of the people do it with a guide anyways, i did it with a guide aswell and it was easy, it just took a bit of time. The boss fight was easy, i expected more off it, i didn't even eat through the fight ;\.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I never had disrespect for it in the past, but for the first 1-4 days of the new quest being out, I did feel a little more respect when I saw one. As time goes by and more and more people get it, it will obviously change, but it's still good. I'll have my own within a week or so.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

i've always respected the quest cape, even b4 the new quest....but then again, thats cuz im f2p, i geuss being p2p wud change my perspective of it. but with the grandmaster quest, i certainly do give it more "respect" so to speak

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

It's like when skillcapes came out, who wanted 99 fletching or cooking before skillcapes? Now everyone wants those 99's for an easy cape. This quests has just given everyone more of a reason to get a quest cape, which will make the cape way more common than before. And it will be hard to find someone that has done this quest and doesn't have a quest cape, even after 10 more quests or released.

Arzian.png

everyone trying to get the quest cape must have found that if you start from lvl 3 it takes longer to get the quest cape then it takes to get 99 in firemaking, cooking flecthing or theiving or any other "easy" 99.

i have great respect for people who have the quest cape for the simple fact that i haven't got it yet <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

I have always respected the cape although I kinda over-estimated WGS, with a quest guide the quest is pretty easy. The only tough battle was the 2nd last one, the final battle was easy as heck, my health was regenerating faster than the demon could hit.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Well first and foremost, I would like to point out that this is a videogame and it should not be played for the approval of other gamers. I learned that the hard way but since then I have enjoyed the game much more. As is said all the time, if you do not enjoy something, do not do it. Quests definitely fall into that category. For me quests are a major part of the game that allows me a glimpse into things deeper than just repeative gameplay.

I enjoy them and try to complete them as soon as they come out, often times without a guide. This new quest was no different, completing it the day after its' release. Even without the usage of a guide this quest was very simple in that it was straight forward and lead you to each new objective. The boss fight was even rather simple though I had to teleport the first time as I did not have 2 forms of weaponry :/ The quest did offer much in the area of adventure and history so I enjoyed it greatly but I fail to see the difficulty that people are attributing to the quest. For me, Barrelchest at 82 combat was much more difficult than this quest. As a whole, I have not found any quest difficult but there is much more to questing than completing a series of steps to appease certain NPCs. There are many aspects of gameplay that show questing to be deserving of this 'respect' that some would like to be gleaned from their Quest Cape. I have mine and am proud to have it but no longer look for the respct of my fellow gamers.

First there is the skill training asosciated with questing. As many posters here are higher leve, getting 100k/h in any skill is pretty simple. There are methods for pretty much any skill to level quickly. At lower levels however, a player is often met with a much more difficult time trying to attain those levels. Not to mention learning the game and the best ways to do things. Many times people seem to look over this aspect lacking the ability to look at things subjectively. We, the people that have been around forever, know many tricks to attain quicker levels, but there was a time when I thought that mining a load of iron at the Varrock southeast mine and walking (as there was no running) to Al Kharid to smelt each load was the best method to get smithing levels. My point is that even though the total experience needed to complete all the quests is low, there is much more that goes into that than just grinding those levels. Sure many of us could remake characters and be able to complete all the quests in... probably less than a month. As a new player we could not have.

Questing shows a greater knowledge of all parts of the game. Many players focus on combat and others are pure skillers. Questing requires knowledge of both aspects as well as a working knowledge of getting around the lands of Runescape. Many quests require a fusion of combat know how (Recipe for Disaster, While Guthix Sleeps, The Great Brain Robbery, Grim Tales, Dream Mentor, etc), skills (level requirements and quests like the elemental workshops, Giant Drawf, etc), and getting around (one small favor anyone?). These all show that a player is well rounded in gameplay and shows the persistance to put up with constant chores of people whose gratitude you will never truly receive.

And lastly a quest cape is a milestone for any player. When a player starts playing many times they will develop a desire to complete something. Mine was completing the quests (for free experience at the time) as well as a high smithing level as at the time, a high smithing level actually made a very good profit. Others have goals of maxed melee, 99 slayer, complete sets of minigame rewards or even more dramatic goals of untrimed slayer, untrimed hp, untrimed summoning, etc. These are all goals that mean something to that player and in my opinion deserve the respect more out of respect for the player than respect for the actual goal. This, sadly, is something that many tifers seem to miss.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

It's a shame the the Quest Cape cannot be trimmed. It has a cool emote and completing all quests has always been a nice accomplishment. But since it is untrimmed, it's mostly worn by lower leveled players who don't have 2 or more 99's, thus helping to keep it's reputation as a "noob" cape. If it could be trimmed, I would gladly wear mine some even though I have 12 other capes to choose from.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

quest cape needs 8m some odd experience. add in the 3 months of actual questing and you've got a cape that requires more effort than about half of the skillcapes.

Listen to him.

What a lovely addition to the thread. We all needed that.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th