I'm SICK of junk traders, you should be too

joker2022

I'm sorry, why should I be sick of junk trades? I get free junk-y stuff!

Anyway, this is just proof that Jagex cannot control the economy. The GE is supposed to limit demand on items, but it's hard to limit demand of an item short of telling people that they just can't have it. Trading will always try to get around any limits posted on it - this is the essence of capitalism.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

There was a time before there Grand Exchange. If you think now is bad, just think of how bad it was when people could randomly decide to change the price of an item whenever they wanted. They would say, "Hey lets bump up Santas everyone! Selling santa for 40m!!!"

Stellactic.gif

There was a time before there Grand Exchange. If you think now is bad, just think of how bad it was when people could randomly decide to change the price of an item whenever they wanted. They would say, "Hey lets bump up Santas everyone! Selling santa for 40m!!!"

Ah, but they can do that now... Because of junk trades. It's the same thing.

Junk trades, however annoying they must be for the richer in the game, do not affect me much... I can't afford anything worth junk trading #-o But I don't mind... What may help is if the G.E. price could move more rapidly, but sadly, this would allow for immense price manipulation (just think, "Oh, I'll pay a little extra and buy a bucket off the G.E. real quick... 1K for a bucket? What the--?").

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

You can't ever buy anything at GE price? What do you deal in, 3rd age? (although I hear that's becoming unfrozen too). Seriously, for virtually all items its way better then the 'sit-in-world-2-for-10-minutes-to-buy-5-prayer-pots', and for the few frozen ones, it's the same thing.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'm sorry, why should I be sick of junk trades? I get free junk-y stuff!

Anyway, this is just proof that Jagex cannot control the economy. The GE is supposed to limit demand on items, but it's hard to limit demand of an item short of telling people that they just can't have it. Trading will always try to get around any limits posted on it - this is the essence of capitalism.

Being a pack rat, I like getting junk items ::'

This discussion has come up here too many times for me to want to try to remember (if you want me to, I can go back and find some of them for you so we can skip rediscussing everything and just get back to what we were doing).

If you want junk trading to end, go after the sources of it (price ceilings/floors in the GE that "create" junk, a pricing mechanism that moves too slow to keep up with the market, and Jagex setting the prices of new items lower/higher than they should without giving them enough room to move to where they should be).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Moved to Rants forum.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I don't mind that people junk trade, but when I wanna buy something or selling something I absolutly hate it, even though I just said PURE CASH, they still put up Junk. Get yo junk outta of my screen. -_-

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

It is a pretty silly. The updates are slow to prevent price manipulation, but in return it stops people from selling "rare items" on the GE. Nobody will accept that little for them, therefore no sales, and the price stays steady. It's a faulty system, just like the end of RWT. Jagex is trying so hard to help, they're actually hurting.

SoLawny.png

It is a pretty silly. The updates are slow to prevent price manipulation, but in return it stops people from selling "rare items" on the GE. Nobody will accept that little for them, therefore no sales, and the price stays steady. It's a faulty system, just like the end of RWT. Jagex is trying so hard to help, they're actually hurting.

I wouldn't say jagex are hurting runescape, they did deal a crippling blow to rwt last december, and they made it impossiable for this december to be worse.

And if you don't like junk trades, go f2p. Everything is buyable on the ge here :thumbsup:

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

junk trades are just people being greedy IMO they don't want to let things fall to the set prices so they throw in their "junk" so that they can sell it for more

I think it's time to let the junk go and start dealing at the lower prices, i mean sure it would seem like a big loss at first

but afterwards people wouls start to notice that when you sell one item for cash it changes the price more than selling it with junk ever would and those items will slowly go up in value

especially with everyone buying the newly unjunked items at max

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Honestly, last time I saw one person, or even 10 people for that matter, try to price manipulate like that they got laughed at. It's called supply and demand, not "I have it you pay what I want."

Think about it, if you got a Dragon Full Helm as a drop (currently 27.8m in ge) you say "OMG AWESOME... EASY 30m!$!@$!@"... not okay now how much do I WANT to sell this for? If that were the case people would sell a willow log for 2.2B.... :roll:

.. I kind of went off on a tangent though, junk trading, what I would have to say to that is, all is fair in love and war. If Jagex hasn't fixed the prices on certain common junk items, well then may the player whom can and will take advantage of it until they do, prosper.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Honestly, last time I saw one person, or even 10 people for that matter, try to price manipulate like that they got laughed at. It's called supply and demand, not "I have it you pay what I want."

Think about it, if you got a Dragon Full Helm as a drop (currently 27.8m in ge) you say "OMG AWESOME... EASY 30m!$!@$!@"... not okay now how much do I WANT to sell this for? If that were the case people would sell a willow log for 2.2B.... :roll:

.. I kind of went off on a tangent though, junk trading, what I would have to say to that is, all is fair in love and war. If Jagex hasn't fixed the prices on certain common junk items, well then may the player whom can and will take advantage of it until they do, prosper.

you're taking the law of supply and demand, spitting on them, rubbing them against each armpit, and throwing them into the nearest unflushed toilet.

of course people wouldn't sell a willow log for 2.2 billion, but they can sell an elite black set to someone who doesn't have the levels for the quest or needs to complete the quests for 10 times the amount on the ge. In this case there is a demand for the product, which is much higher than the supply.

For example, the dragon claws are a very rare drop, and it's special has been deemed the best thing since sliced bread. And since only a select number of people have the chance to kill the monster and get the drop, it's supply is quite low, while it's demand is quite high. Therefore, who would sell it for (checking...) 262.5k, when they can get rid of all those unstrung willow bows that they have sitting in their bank and get 5 mill for it.

All junk trading is is fixing the problems in the grand exchange with current prices, seeming that it doesn't change fast enough and the prices can be easily manipulated, to something that is entirely plausable for the greatest amount of profit, just like a good salesman should.

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

Don't attack the symptoms, even it it is tempting, attack the disease that's causing it. For a lot of items, the GE does not reflect how platers value an item. Jagex makes an item then invents a price for it, which certainly goes to show that the GE is not player controlled.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

For a lot of items, the GE does not reflect how platers value an item. Jagex makes an item then invents a price for it, which certainly goes to show that the GE is not player controlled.

Thats the really problem, that the GE is not accurate with street prices, Which tbh is ridiculous. If things were allowed to be sold at the prices want to buy at we wouldn't have such problems with rare items.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Long ago, a wise prophet proclaimed that the Gods of Economics would demand a great and terrible sacrifice, and, Lo and Behold!, the ability to utilize the G.E. for low supply items was indeed crippled to appease them.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I think Junk trading can't hurting RS as much or anything like in the same way as RWT and selling of gold did. Less people are junk trading than used to rwt. Sorry you dont like it but I think you probably are exaggerating or need a little more patience. If you hold out you will get the price you are after as long as you are reasonable.

I think Junk trading can't hurting RS as much or anything like in the same way as RWT and selling of gold did. Less people are junk trading than used to rwt. Sorry you dont like it but I think you probably are exaggerating or need a little more patience. If you hold out you will get the price you are after as long as you are reasonable.

I had a yellow party hat on ge at minimum price for 3 days and it didnt sell.

I don't like junk trading either tbh.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

they can sell an elite black set to someone who doesn't have the levels for the quest or needs to complete the quests for 10 times the amount on the ge. In this case there is a demand for the product, which is much higher than the supply.

This is only possible if a person is WILLING to pay that amount.. If there we not people WILLING and ABLE to pay 15m for black elite, then people would sell it in the GE for the price it was suppose to be sold at.

Do not blame the problem of the people who get the drop and have junk to boost the price to the highest bidder... Blame the rich people who are saying they will pay 15m for it. Simple as that.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

capitalism.gif

Welcome to it.