Bush nearly assassinated...with a shoe

Evaluate

I personally think it's scary that the bodyguards couldn't (wouldn't?!?) defend Bush against a shoe, let alone a bullet! :roll: Cheney in office for 1 month ftw!

You can stop people getting guns near him but how do you legislate for this? You can't take everyones shoes off them and the guy was a journalist so he had a legitimate reason to be there (even if he abused that reason). You can't legislate for this sort of randomness, you can prevent weapons and reduce the risk to life but you cant prevent an act of basic disruption. That is all it was really disruption there was no real risk to Bush.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think it's scary that the bodyguards couldn't (wouldn't?!?) defend Bush against a shoe, let alone a bullet! :roll: Cheney in office for 1 month ftw!

You can stop people getting guns near him but how do you legislate for this? You can't take everyones shoes off them and the guy was a journalist so he had a legitimate reason to be there (even if he abused that reason). You can't legislate for this sort of randomness, you can prevent weapons and reduce the risk to life but you cant prevent an act of basic disruption. That is all it was really disruption there was no real risk to Bush.

I know that, but it wouldn't be incredibly hard to sneak a gun into a place like that (hide it in the camera?) lol; I'm just saying the bodyguards should have been there even if it was only a disruption.

Now known as Expl0de.

My Defense Pure Guide

Please don't post on forums whilst inebriated.

I know that, but it wouldn't be incredibly hard to sneak a gun into a place like that (hide it in the camera?) lol; I'm just saying the bodyguards should have been there even if it was only a disruption.

It takes seconds to throw shoes, security wouldn't exactly be alarmed with somebody taking them off so they'd only have the seconds it took to throw to react. What do you expect, the bodyguard to jump in slow motion and intercept the shoe? He was stopped from doing anything else once they realised what was happening.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Did no one else think about Random Task from Austin Powers or am I the only awesome being here?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I hope the man had extra large feet :thumbup:

Size 10

And you know what they say about people with big feet. ;)

They need to wear extra-large footwear to accomodate their massive feet, so if they decide to throw their shoes at somebody, which is what the journalist that we are discussing in this topic did, there is a larger chance of them making contact with the person that they are throwing them at, in this case President George Bush, because of simple math.

Also, their abnormally large penises give them the mental strength they need to commit such an act. Because that's what they usually say about people with large feet.

That they have large penises.

Yeah.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Size 10

Yeah, they need big shoes. ;)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Size 10

Psh he should have got his best friend Pavlo with the clown feet to throw his shoe. And it could have at least been a steel cap! I have size 10 feet. Hmm I wonder how much stiletto hurts :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

i give preps for Bush though. To be kind of embarrassed at something so ridiculous being done to him, he thinks of a witty, funny joke to make it seem like a joke. brilliant. :thumbup:

I seriously dont understand such people. He would rather be under Husein's rule? Where he is a dictator. At least Bush gave Iraq a foundation for a democratic nation.

I dont think you could say something like that without actualy living in the counrty. hitting someone with your shoes is a sign of complete disrespect or something in that area. and i dont think that someone would just use that lightly as its a traditional thing. you dont have a clue of what its liek in iraq and for people to just sit there like 'omg why they complaining theyre getting democracy arnt they?' you dont actualy know that youve just seen it on tv, like me. you should cross refeence because mainstream news isnt going to be able to give you a very clear picture.

Basicaly dont diss on iraq when you(like me) havent got a clue what its like over there.

bushoesmatrix.gif

I hope this hasn't already been posted (only saw the pokeball one)

Argh, turns out that one HAS been posted, in that case I have to post my actual thoughts. GW Bush had amazingly fast speed and that guy must have been out of his mind to throw a shoe at the most powerful men of the world. He could have at least put some C4 and possibly some talc inside the shoe.

^Trip = Fall = Die

"I lost 150 pounds in two seconds!"

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Size 10

Yeah, they need big shoes. ;)

Nope, it's easier to hit Bush with them. But I guess this guy didn't realize that.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It just shows that we Americans are too much of [kitties] to do it. :wall:

To...throw shoes at the President?

...How many times has this come up? Do people...Threaten to do this sort of thing, and then back out?

...Seriously. What?

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Some videos I've seen of the event edit out the second shoe being thrown for some reason :/ So it's like 'one shoe thrown -> capture'. Weird. Anyway, the real vid is just amazing, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Those gifs people made after are also funny, yeah. But the real thing....wowie =D> It's like it's directed or smth, it's so perfect ;d That guy throwing one shoe after another at super speed, Bush ducking, the dude next to him looking more or less clueless, the guards only reacting at the end.... Bwahahah. Yeah, a great historical moment right there. And yeah Bush redeemed his stupidity a little bit with that joke. Still, he fully deserved being thrown shoes at, the dog : P

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

Ha, I was watching the news last night, and that brand of shoe have become ever so popular know :lol: The company has had over 300,000 new orders, and had to employ 100 new staff :lol:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Ha, I was watching the news last night, and that brand of shoe have become ever so popular know :lol: The company has had over 9,000 new orders, and had to employ 1337 new staff :lol:

I fixed your numbers for you.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Ha, I was watching the news last night, and that brand of shoe have become ever so popular know :lol: The company has had over 9,000 new orders, and had to employ 1337 new staff :lol:

I fixed your numbers for you.

ROFL! Both at the actual fact and at dragoonson's edit. Why are tifers so damn epic? (and funny too).