Leaked screenies of the newest Windows, codename: longhorn

lordhathor

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/comments.p ... news=13839

The new version of Windows... codenamed Longhorn.. Leaked screenshots. Weren't meant ot be released. There ya go.

This shows off the new 3-D and transluscent window capabilities, among other things (including the unbefreakinlievable system specs of the computer used to test the new version!!

(Gee, I hope it works with me 2.6 ghz Emachines with 256 mb of ram. :P)

Yeah, sorry to tell you but there was a beta version available to some the a while back. My dad personally tried it himself after receiving it from a mate. It ain't that great.

deadforumslol.png

This wasn't actualy from the beta version, it was one of the people testing the newer version, after the beta.

and you're right, from what I see, it's not that different. A bit more graphic-intensive (Oh, my poor graphics card!) and not much else.

Oh, and they removed all the "my" prefixes.

Oh, and they removed all the "my" prefixes.

No! I liked that small sense of ownership. It reminded me that I'd actually paid for my system, rather than just being owned by Microsoft. At least they're finally admitting their stance: that we are all just slaves, and any peronal information entered on a windows PC is automatically owned by Microsoft Corporation.

Personally, I think the biggest loss is the removal of pie charts to show how much disk space is used - now they're bars. That just looks stupid.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I'll obviously try it but I doubt highly that I'll use it instead of XP, at least not for about 2 years after it's out and patched up. Learnt that the hard way. :lol:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Looks snazzy, but like others have said, it doesn't look like much besides a transparent-like Windows XP theme. I doubt I'll be trading in my Windows 2000 for anything else anytime soon.

Screenshots aren't a very good basis on which to judge a new OS..

IRKAa.jpg

Judging the system from screenshots is foolish to say the least. Seriously, how it actually looks is probably the least important concern.

And yeah, nothing really new about the pictures since the beta/alpha/whatever has been out for quite a while.

So what if you don't like Black XP? Doesn't really matter. I don't like any Windows XP theme either. That's why I, along with a ton of Windows users theme it, using custom programs. So the look is not a worry.

Longhorn is supposedly the biggest release of the decade? So I bet we'll all be using it soon, whether we like it or not. I think it'll eventually find its way onto most users computers, just like how XP did. Something different for sure, and I think it'll be great. New features, new capabilities. I'll be out there to get one within the first week for sure.

signaturecj5.jpg

Guest GhostRanger
Longhorn is supposedly the biggest release of the decade? So I bet we'll all be using it soon, whether we like it or not. ]

That's because (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), its the first biggest release since Windows 98.

Longhorn is going to be uncomparable to XP.

But I'm gonna stick with OS X Tiger :D

Looks snazzy, but like others have said, it doesn't look like much besides a transparent-like Windows XP theme. I doubt I'll be trading in my Windows 2000 for anything else anytime soon.

Screenshots aren't a very good basis on which to judge a new OS..

I wasn't judgeing Longhorn, Greatsilverwyrm, I was just saying it looks a lot like Windows XP, and on the site, if you look at the top, they say it "probably" is Longhorn. I'm just doubting it's authenticity.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Hopefully it has lots of new features and make IE better. But still they are playing monopoly and there are always some people who want to catch up to the newest technology. I still find the name longhorn disturbing...

1b57366d.jpg