Great PS2 or PC Games?

Maze

I have A TON of Christmas money!

And I have a PS2 and a PC.

What's a good PS2 or PC game?

RULES:

1. No "lul y don u jus get a nxt gen console nubcake!" I HAD a Wii until I sold it because it didn't have good games at the time. :wall: I regret it now that there are good games on it. :cry:

2. No M Games.

Guitar hero.

I'm actually thinking of buying a PS2 off ebay just to get all the classics like Guitar hero 1 and 2, and shadow of the collosus etc.

I already have Guitar Hero 3 and World Tour.

Some non M PC games:

Portal

Command and Conquer. Red Alert 3 is coming out without SecuROM on Steam in January if you don't mind waiting, or you could easily get something like First Decade or Tiberium Wars now.

Age of Empires.

Anything else listed in this thread.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Monster Hunter.

Epic monster hunting game. You get quests from people in the village, and a lot of the time it will be to kill a monster. You go out, kill it, and you can carve it up to get materials from it. For example, I had to kill one dragon type thing, and I managed to chop it's tail off during the fight. I carved it up, and got the bone from it. I then made this into a club. There are thousands of items to make, it's brilliant.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

No M games kinda narrows it down...

Prince of Persia is fun

The first two Splinter Cells

Final Fantasy 12

Rogue Galaxy

I think those are the only rated T games in my arsenal of PS2 games...Most of the good games are M, and of course I have to bring my dad along if I want to buy one...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

No M games kinda narrows it down...

Prince of Persia is fun

The first two Splinter Cells

Final Fantasy 12

Rogue Galaxy

I think those are the only rated T games in my arsenal of PS2 games...Most of the good games are M, and of course I have to bring my dad along if I want to buy one...

I'd reccomend Final Fantasy X over XII, but I didn't like the battle system of XII that much.

Anyway:

Kingdom Hearts (If you can only get one, then get Kingdom Hearts 2)

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (or may be Nocturne, depending on where you live)

Final Fantasy X

Dynasty Warriors 4 (This game has a special place in my heart)

Destory All Humans

Soul Calibur II

Oh and I also reccomend picking up a PS1 memory card and some of the older Final Fantasies (like VIII for example).

Need For Speed Underground

Any of the Tony Hawks from 4 to THUG 2 should do you fine

Star Wars Battlefront 2.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I personally think the VIII is one of the better Final Fantasies that I have played (VII-XII, excluding XI)

Plus XII's battle system was a bit complicated to get to grips with, unlike Kingdom Hearts. Then again, I may be a bit biased as the RPGs I like are (almost) always turn based.

Though I have never actually completed VIII, due to the PS3.

Yeah, too bad you can't actually get M games, you're kind of missing out on some of the fun.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

If you like driving games, buy Need for Speed: Most Wanted. No other NFS game even comes close to this... it is an amazing game that takes a while to beat.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

PS2? ARMORED CORE. I've owned Armored Core 2, Armored Core 2: Another Age, and Armored Core 3. Despite the 360 debacle that was Armored Core 4, these titles were seriously awesome, and if you can find them, they should be pretty cheap. And rated T, too.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

PC:

Homeworld 2 (you HAVE to order it online. You wont find it anywhere else)

Battlefield 2 or 2142

Command and Conquer: The First Decade. (6 excellent games (12 if you count expansions) for $20. Not too shabby.)

Sim City 4

Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive

All those PC games have low system requirements, so if your computer was made in the last 3-4 years it will more than likely be able to handle those games. Plus you can get all of those games for $20 or less.

PS2:

Burnout 3: Takedown

Mercenaries (do NOT get 2. It is a horrible port and is practically unplayable).

Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Conflict: Desert Storm

Ace Combat Zero

I liked Kingdom hearts, Tekken, and DDR very much.

lol DDR rules but u really need a hard pad (the one with the insert) to really enjoy it.

if u like rpgs i would recommend these.

final fantasy 7,10,12 tactics (7 might be hard to get tho)

shadow hearts 2, def best of the 3

disgaea, i just played the first one its like the first video game with great humor, its really funny believe me.

zone of the enders 2.

bedce0cd19.png

I personally think the VIII is one of the better Final Fantasies that I have played (VII-XII, excluding XI)

Plus XII's battle system was a bit complicated to get to grips with, unlike Kingdom Hearts. Then again, I may be a bit biased as the RPGs I like are (almost) always turn based.

Yeah, too bad you can't actually get M games, you're kind of missing out on some of the fun.

i thought 8 was way too complicated, whats with the junctioning and all that, once u get used to it the combat in 12 is actually really simple. from VII-XII, X-2 is the worst imo, VIII is ok, never played IX. but the rest VII, X and XII are some of the best rpgs ull ever play :thumbsup:

bedce0cd19.png

i thought 8 was way too complicated, whats with the junctioning and all that, once u get used to it the combat in 12 is actually really simple. from VII-XII, X-2 is the worst imo, VIII is ok, never played IX. but the rest VII, X and XII are some of the best rpgs ull ever play :thumbsup:

Junctioning is a simple as changing weapons.

The hardest part is stocking magic, but thats easy anyway, just don't use any magic (except White, maybe Green, and some Time) throughout the game, and thats simple as long as you level.

X-2 is actually a decent game, and does tie up the part of X after the credits.

Its not that I find XII's combat system complex, its just trying too hard to be different from Kingdom Hearts (which was actually pretty much button-mashing). If I want a challenging game on the PS3, I'll pick up Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call. Press Turns are one of the hardest systems to get to grips with, and you have to almost constantly be aware of your party's and opponent's weaknesses, as well as their strengths. Unlike typical RPGs where abusing the weakness just does more damage, you actually get more Press Turns for abusing them, lose them for missing (unlike just missing 1 turn of damage, you miss 2), as well as losing them for hitting them with something they resist some damage of, void, or in the worst case, absorb.

I disagree on XII being one of the best RPGs you'll play, and really, VII is praised more than it should be, but its still a good game.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Junctioning is one of the greatest things about the game, I can't say that I like it better than VII's materia system, but it's alot of fun once you get used to it. You can stay in one area for an hour at the beginning of the game, set one of your GF's on the Str-J ability, learn it and junction all the magic you've drawn from enemies into strength and beat many of the games early bosses easily. It's definitely refreshing after playing games where all you do is grind levels. It's different, and it's fun.

Junctioning is a simple as changing weapons.

The hardest part is stocking magic, but thats easy anyway, just don't use any magic (except White, maybe Green, and some Time) throughout the game, and thats simple as long as you level.

X-2 is actually a decent game, and does tie up the part of X after the credits.

Its not that I find XII's combat system complex, its just trying too hard to be different from Kingdom Hearts (which was actually pretty much button-mashing). If I want a challenging game on the PS3, I'll pick up Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call. Press Turns are one of the hardest systems to get to grips with, and you have to almost constantly be aware of your party's and opponent's weaknesses, as well as their strengths. Unlike typical RPGs where abusing the weakness just does more damage, you actually get more Press Turns for abusing them, lose them for missing (unlike just missing 1 turn of damage, you miss 2), as well as losing them for hitting them with something they resist some damage of, void, or in the worst case, absorb.

I disagree on XII being one of the best RPGs you'll play, and really, VII is praised more than it should be, but its still a good game.

I'd have to agree with pretty much everything you've said, except I played Persona 3, then I tried Nocturne and I just found it hard to play for some reason. I haven't finished it, but I guess I expected it to be more like P3. But now I have Persona 4 and I'm very happy with that. ::'

For your PS2, I'd go with:

Kingdom Hearts 1, 2

Final Fantasy VII(if you can get it, or borrow from a friend), VIII, IX and X. I loved every minute of each of these games, but to be honest I couldn't stand XII. The characters, the story, the gameplay, nothing about it appealed to me.

Monster Hunter

Katamari Damacy, and We Love Katamari

Shadow of Destiny

Dark Cloud

PC:

I don't really have too many that aren't M. Red Alert 3 if you like RTS. Can't think of too many.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"