Wine and alchohol discussion

pryomancer

I don't drink for the taste at all. Maybe I haven't aquired it yet... but I really dislike the taste of beer and wine. I drink beer occasionally, but I have trouble drinking it fast enough to even get drunk.

And yes I usually just drink to get drunk... but I don't just get hammered for the hell of it every weekend like a lot of guys I know.

I don't mind most hard alcohol that I've tried so far... other than tequila, which was gross.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm drinking wine it's usually with a meal. Normally rose or white. I prefer them over red. Though I would say it's not very often that I do drink wine.

I'm not a big spirits drinker either, though will drink the occasional vodka & soda.

I'm more of a beer & lager person. Can't beat a good Belgian blonde ;)

sig2ho7.jpg

I'm not a big wine drinker. It's all right, but it's overpriced.

Beer tastes good to me, but since I usually just drink to get drunk, it sucks because I can never get past a buzz due to me being so full.

I like about every liquor though. Rum and coke has to be my favorite drink.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• 2 weeks later...
Wine bad.

Beer good.

Vodka Win.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

I thought you were 12.

I'm underage, but upon occasion I have alchol.

In my honest opion nothing wrong with this, as it prevents alchol from being a coveted and "secretive" thing.

Generally whatever my dad is drinking.

Hennessy Cognac, I like.

I am underage and have been drinking since I was maybe 9.(Well it started with a watered down (like barely 5%) wine) And now I go with vodka and Bull.

Still,I wanna learn some cocktails.Teach me to make a Vesper and I will teach you to make an Aston Martin.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Dragon, a pretty nice cocktail is a "Irish Car Bomb", it's not really a cocktail though, more of a mix. Get a pint of Guiness and a shot glass half-filled with Baileys, half-filled with Irish whiskey. You drop the filled shot glass into the pint and down the pint as soon as the shot glass hits the bottom of it, it's pretty nice and if timed right almost have a taste of chocolate milk to it. It's a occasional drink though, you'd get extremely drunk if you were to have a couple of these for you drink.

Jaegar bombs are very nice as well, simple but nice. 1 shot of Jaegarmeister into a small class, add 2-3 shots of Red Bull / energy drink of choice. Simple but it's delicious, doesn't even have the taste of spirits to it.

I shall try so called "Jaegarbombs".Red Bull seems to act as a hangover prevention for me.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Vodka are cheap here.*hand pistol*

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Real men drink Scotch, not vodka.

Real men brew Poitin at home and bare knuckle fight after consuming half a liter of the 95% drink, Rawr!!!

I would do that, but the most I can get is 20% (using disgusting distiller's yeast) seeing as the smell of distilling would attract unwanted attention (well, and it's illegal). Even just brewing normally creates a slight yeasty smell, but usually not for very long. Oh, and I've only ever made wine. I assume Poitin is a small family made distilled drink?

Real men drink the alcohol teachers give in science class to remove chlorophyll from leaves.

Well it was Saint Patty's day.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Real men drink Scotch, not vodka.

Real men brew Poitin at home and bare knuckle fight after consuming half a liter of the 95% drink, Rawr!!!

I would do that, but the most I can get is 20% (using disgusting distiller's yeast) seeing as the smell of distilling would attract unwanted attention (well, and it's illegal). Even just brewing normally creates a slight yeasty smell, but usually not for very long. Oh, and I've only ever made wine. I assume Poitin is a small family made distilled drink?

It's been made in Ireland for hundreds of years since beer was pretty rare here and cost a lot during the 1600-1800's, it's basically yeast, water and potato skins or different crap. It was never designed for taste, just an extremely quick and covert way of getting drunk :lol:

It's been made in Ireland for hundreds of years since beer was pretty rare here and cost a lot during the 1600-1800's, it's basically yeast, water and potato skins or different crap. It was never designed for taste, just an extremely quick and covert way of getting drunk :lol:

If you filtered it and then watered it down to 40%, you'd have Irish vodka!

Here in the Appalachian moutains, we have our moonshine equivalent. Basically, yeast, water, and sugar in a 20 gallon jug stuck in the corner of an unused room. Makes ~4 gallons of 95%, although it's illegal (so don't do it without adult supervision, kids!). I assume it's not illegal in Ireland?

edit: it's kind of buggy...

Here in the Appalachian moutains, we have our moonshine equivalent. Basically, yeast, water, and sugar in a 20 gallon jug stuck in the corner of an unused room. Makes ~4 gallons of 95%, although it's illegal (so don't do it without adult supervision, kids!). I assume it's not illegal in Ireland?

Funny fact, it was illegal to consume it in Ireland from 1667 till 1998 as it used to make people blind due to the alcohol level. Nowadays there's only 2 legal breweries of it within Ireland and the quality control is extremely strict.

Funny fact, it was illegal to consume it in Ireland from 1667 till 1998 as it used to make people blind due to the alcohol level*. Nowadays there's only 2 legal breweries of it within Ireland and the quality control is extremely strict.

*Methanol level.

Methanol (wood alcohol) is what will make you go blind or kill you. Also, high levels of some fusel oils (byproducts of fermentation) are toxic as well.

I like merlots...

But don't drink wine thirsty.Get a coke for that.Wine is to be savored,its a dry drink ya know.Slightly more alcoholic than beer.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Wine is probably too dry for you if you're not used to it. Try a sweet wine made from hips (rose hips) if you can find some. My grandad made some, it's brilliant.

I've always wanted to make a dandelion wine, but it's hard to find enough flowers that aren't tainted with pesticides. If I ever do get enough, this is the site I use for different recipes: http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/ It has a great collection of recipes.

I tasted port wine last year. And it was yum. (Tasted, not drinking. I never drink alcohol.) But I managed to forget the name on the wine, oh well.

Same as me, I've tried Port a few times, I prefer it over wine.

Cross between Brandy (A somewhat hard liquor), with Wine (Different and Delicate Flavours).

Can't remember the name though.

Also had an oppurtunity to taste a rare Canadian IceWine.

Vidal, 2006, Something beggining with M.

Export is restricted, so one my (mutual) good friends brought it over.

Liked it alot.

Wine is probably too dry for you if you're not used to it. Try a sweet wine made from hips (rose hips) if you can find some. My grandad made some, it's brilliant.

I've always wanted to make a dandelion wine, but it's hard to find enough flowers that aren't tainted with pesticides. If I ever do get enough, this is the site I use for different recipes: http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/ It has a great collection of recipes.

Ha, I didn't have anything to do today so I started making wine. Stage one is finished, and now I need to wait 24 hours and then add the yeast. I'll tell you, mashing grapes is not as easy as you might think.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.