Your least favourite update of 2008.

wackoredhead

I just posted on the topic about the best update of '08 and got me thinking, what has been the worst update of 2008. I think every update has it's up's and down's ;). Like the clan wars update, I love FFA and some new areanas and rules but I love the classic clan war's areana and it's 66% 1v1 now.

I can see why people like PVP worlds but, they have no use to me. I've never been a pk'er myself and for me all PVP did was bring back the 0mfg wtf h4xx0r pur35, and quite a few (not all) are some of the angriest people on runescape. I admit it's fun to kill a few people in PVP or skill and actually "own" a skilling area but, new junk armour and weapons, angry pure's and worst of all 159 used to be my home world 3. Now if they made a safe PVP type world I would love it.

Anyway what is your least favourite update and why? You don't have to go in to depth but just the basics. ::'

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trade limit :?

or pvp worlds, just because they are deserted everywhere but hotspots with people looking for cheap kills, a safe pvp world with no rewards would be awesome

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

In my case I dislike the pvp worlds the most because I never was a pker, and I never will be.

ubermage2000.pngubermage2000.png

ubermage2000.png[ubermage2000.png

ubermage2000.png

-Barrows Drops- 1 Dharok's Helm,1 Ahrim's Robetop,1 Torag's Hammers, 1 Dragon Med

-GWD Drops- 1 Shard

-DK Drops- 7 Dragon Axes, 7 Berserker Rings, 7 Warrior Rings, 2 Archer Rings, 1 Dragon Med

Pawya and Grenwall Hunter Creatures

You need to bait the pawyas with papayas and then use their meat to catch the grenwalls, sometimes they will just get the bait and go away and theyre really slow to catch. Your reward is some grenwall [bleep]es that you can sell for less than 140 gp ea or use to fletch arrows when you can make 15 from a normal log! And the xp is really slow too. The only good thing the update brought was an additional farming patch that I never use anyways. There have been some other bad updates, but this was the only one I found frustrating.

namnlskopia.jpg

I don't understand how anyone has the nerve to say HD.... anyways, I think I will say... the Catapult Construction. Just because while looking through the updates this year, it's really hard to actually find something I didn't like. But I was no fan of that quest.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Pawya and Grenwall Hunter Creatures

You need to bait the pawyas with papayas and then use their meat to catch the grenwalls, sometimes they will just get the bait and go away and theyre really slow to catch. Your reward is some grenwall [bleep]es that you can sell for less than 140 gp ea or use to fletch arrows when you can make 15 from a normal log! And the xp is really slow too. The only good thing the update brought was an additional farming patch that I never use anyways. There have been some other bad updates, but this was the only one I found frustrating.

Wow, that was indepth. I'd have to say it was one of the more useless updates :-) :lol:

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I'd have to say summoning. I never rode on the summoning craze train, it just seemed like a worthless skill to me. Plus it costs a lot of money to level up, and I mean a lot.

lol summoning is great doesnt even give you combat levels for pvp any more.

free run energy

no food used on lower monsters

more inv space

i could go on.....

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

the update that wasnt there. removal of randoms.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

the update that wasnt there. removal of randoms.

They're just taking their time, and priorititising (can't possibly have spelled that right ::' )

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I see so many people say "PvP worlds because I don't pk" yet I don't really understand why.

I know alot of people dont pk (including myself) but the pvp update was one of the most important updates this year no matter what side of the game your playing. PvP made slayer drops worth more, potions worth more, food worth more, armor worth more, I could go on for awhile. It made skills like smithing almost profitable again. It gave the boost rs needed to get out of its downward spiral. You may not notice the extra 10gp here or 50gp per item there, but in the long run we are much better off with PvP even if you don't pk at all.

That being said, I think the worst update this year was gnome copters.I understand Jagex did it to give f2p a taste of members, but I think this was a silly way to do it. They could have just installed viewing orbs on members worlds for f2p instead. I almost never see people around there anymore, and feel like it could of been time better spent on something else.

But not to focus on bad things, 2008 was a great year, and I think 2009 will be even better.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I'd have to say the varrock and frem achievement diaries. The first three diaries had rewards that were undeniably awesome, but both of these were kinda meh.

Don't you mean Falador instead of Varrock, since that came out before 2008.

Whats wrong with the prayer shield?

priest_wiz.png

The Majority are disliking pVp and HD atm which were meant to be the huge updates this year, bar summoning. It just shows that alot of people did not get what they wanted/expected.

I also dont like the HD update but that is becsause i lag on it (a bit) and prefer not to play fullscreen when i am doing other stuff on my computer, also i cant get used to the layout. :oops:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

RIP Real Runescape

End of 07'-08' marked the end of the real Rs imo...it'll never be the same.

I have to agree that although RSHD was a "cool" update, it was the worst of the year as it truly marked the end of what the majority of us knew as Runescape.