Your least favourite update of 2008.

wackoredhead

RIP Real Runescape

End of 07'-08' marked the end of the real Rs imo...it'll never be the same.

I have to agree that although RSHD was a "cool" update, it was the worst of the year as it truly marked the end of what the majority of us knew as Runescape.

So ture...

I have to agree with most people here. The graphical update was meh.

IMO I like the gameplay more than the graphics.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say summoning. I never rode on the summoning craze train, it just seemed like a worthless skill to me. Plus it costs a lot of money to level up, and I mean a lot.

lol summoning is great doesnt even give you combat levels for pvp any more.

free run energy

no food used on lower monsters

more inv space

i could go on.....

Yeah, and how much money do you spend to get all that good stuff?

Trade-limit

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Pretty sure this came out this year (I think with HD):

Removal of the pop-up world map and replaced with an in-game world map that has to load everytime you need to see a map :thumbdown: . I hate when I get lost in a new area and have to take like 5-10 seconds to load the map just to see where I'm going. Then 5 minutes later, I have to do the same. I wish the map was separate window that I could just quickly view while still walking and watching for buildings and the surroundings.

1icyna.png

Worst update from a personal perspective would be RSHD. It's a beautiful, lovely, wonderful detail mode that is a testament to what Java can do...but I can't run it. So big whoop for me. I might change my tune whenever I pony up the dough for a better video card...but until then 3

From a community standpoint? Any update that was meant to be a "teaser" for membership. Gnomecopters, corrupt armor, holiday quests that you can only complete for two weeks on F2P, etc...I realize that Jagex MUST explore new avenues of creating membership subscriptions, but it really cheapens the overall feel of the game.

EDIT:

I'd have to say summoning. I never rode on the summoning craze train, it just seemed like a worthless skill to me. Plus it costs a lot of money to level up, and I mean a lot.

lol summoning is great doesnt even give you combat levels for pvp any more.

free run energy

no food used on lower monsters

more inv space

i could go on.....

Yeah, and how much money do you spend to get all that good stuff?

Your point? You pay for the best. And, despite what most people say, if you level summoning over time, like you're supposed to, it DOES pay for itself. How much more money did players like you pay to have the best stat boosting equipment before anyone else? I bet if you added those figures up, you would have lost just as much.

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not hoping to make you a summoning fanatic. But I'm just trying to give you a broader perspective. <3

hzvjpwS.gif

Pretty sure this came out this year (I think with HD):

Removal of the pop-up world map and replaced with an in-game world map that has to load everytime you need to see a map :thumbdown: . I hate when I get lost in a new area and have to take like 5-10 seconds to load the map just to see where I'm going. Then 5 minutes later, I have to do the same. I wish the map was separate window that I could just quickly view while still walking and watching for buildings and the surroundings.

Yeah that came with HD.

Hated that too.

priest_wiz.png

My least favorite would probably be HD. It's not that I don't like the new graphics, It's just that I can't run it on the computer/internet that I use. Right now, it's a pretty useless update for me.

Xezalb.png

It's good to be back.

While guthix sleeps. Dragon claws *Bangs head on table*

Just say dragon claws then..... because WGS rocked.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I don't get the griping about the graphics update. Sure, it is far too system-demanding for how it looks, but Runescape has and always will be. At least you have the option of playing with standard detail, your argument would be valid if you didn't have a choice but to run HD.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I don't get the griping about the graphics update. Sure, it is far too system-demanding for how it looks, but Runescape has and always will be. At least you have the option of playing with standard detail, your argument would be valid if you didn't have a choice but to run HD.

What? It requires a very poor system to run compared to the quality of the graphics.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

What? It requires a very poor system to run compared to the quality of the graphics.

Requirements are one thing, actually running smoothly is another. I've owned three computers since 2001 and have never enjoyed Runescape running anything better than "modestly". All high-end machines. Tried swapping graphics cards, nothing. Then thought it was Java settings, nothing.

I run 17 brand new HP computers at the library I work at. Kids come in and play Runescape all the time. The best they can handle is high-detail (small), and even that is compromising a lot.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Requirements are one thing, actually running smoothly is another. I've owned three computers since 2001 and have never enjoyed Runescape running anything better than "modestly". All high-end machines. Tried swapping graphics cards, nothing. Then thought it was Java settings, nothing.

I run 17 brand new HP computers at the library I work at. Kids come in and play Runescape all the time. The best they can handle is high-detail (small), and even that is compromising a lot.

Well, most people can run it easily with full graphics.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Well, most people can run it easily with full graphics.

I'm not going to repeat everything I just said, sorry.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

You don't have the option of playing with standard detail, really.

I turned everything off and its still -totally- different to what I recognized it as. Everything is too "friendly," it was alot better when everything wasn't there and the whole layout was nice to move around.

And whatever settings I use my character always looks and runs stupid.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Summoning is actually free if you pick up the monster drops. If you kill the right monsters you will gain more money than you will spend on the charms.

And to people saying the PvP update was the worst:

You may want to try them out some time. If you are on a slayer assignment, use PvP worlds. It's an empty world almost all the time.

Stellactic.gif

I'm going to have to go with the gonecopters. Sure, Jagex is trying to make money, but the copters are pretty much worthless. They're out of the way and only little kids, who aren't likely to be able to subscribe for a while, are going to go ahead and look at what they know they can't have.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Graphics update was this year right?

If so that, I preffered it the old way, it had a nice feel to it, even when I played with lowest settings it was different to me.

No, graphics was in 2008.

As of me, i think it's PVP worlds since i have never pk'ed and never will :(

Graphics update was this year right?

If so that, I preffered it the old way, it had a nice feel to it, even when I played with lowest settings it was different to me.

No, graphics was in 2008.

As of me, i think it's PVP worlds since i have never pk'ed and never will :(

You knew what I meant. :twss:

PvP worlds are pretty cool if you try them with a friend. ^^

(Even though I've never killed someone :wall: )

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I'd have to say the varrock and frem achievement diaries. The first three diaries had rewards that were undeniably awesome, but both of these were kinda meh.

Don't you mean Falador instead of Varrock, since that came out before 2008.

Whats wrong with the prayer shield?

Yes, I meant Fally obviously :P

And nothing is wrong with the prayer shield, it DOES have the most prayer bonus of any shield, but I probably would never use it because I'd rather either be using zammy book for the offensive bonuses, or DFS if I need defense. There's nothing particularly WRONG with it, it's just that it's nowhere near as useful as the other rewards; at least for me (I don't farm :P)

I'd have to say the varrock and frem achievement diaries. The first three diaries had rewards that were undeniably awesome, but both of these were kinda meh.

Don't you mean Falador instead of Varrock, since that came out before 2008.

Whats wrong with the prayer shield?

Yes, I meant Fally obviously :P

And nothing is wrong with the prayer shield, it DOES have the most prayer bonus of any shield, but I probably would never use it because I'd rather either be using zammy book for the offensive bonuses, or DFS if I need defense. There's nothing particularly WRONG with it, it's just that it's nowhere near as useful as the other rewards; at least for me (I don't farm :P)

It's a free daily pray pot. You get your 90 pray back with 2 clicks.

priest_wiz.png

Worst update upon release:

Summoning batch 1. The timer and having to refresh your familiar were the biggest problems, the cost made it available to only the richer players, and most of the familiars were not that useful. Fortunately the release of summoning batch 2 and pouch-swapping fixed most of the issues. However, I still refuse to use combat familiars as they don't react fast enough to my liking.

Worst update even after fixing:

Treasure trail changes. Frankly, who wants to get flatpacks and nails? It just brings more junks into the game. The new "special" items aren't that appealing, and their initial GE prices are way off, which results in the need to junk-trade them. (I know GE is the root of the problem, but that's no a 2008 update)