2nd January 2009 - Behind the Scenes 2009 // January

SwordKing

to burst my thought into words: "Finally! Castle Wars is getting a freaking update man!!!"

with that said, i cant wait to see the new progress of the new "Ruler of Runescape". ::'

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I seem really, really stupid, but what exactly is Acheron?

Also I think the Phoenix will be alright. Can't wait for the new achievement diary. :thumbsup:

I know the answer, I'm just tryin to unearth it from memory.

I thin it's like the North Pole of RuneScape, which Jagex promised to release a few years back. It's apparently uber cold, so you need warm clothes (much like desert robes in the Kharidian Desert).

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

this month well be increasing the length of the auto-logout timer from the current 90 seconds to about 5 minutes,

This be the best update of the new year for sure :o

Mmm, wonder where mobilizing armies went..

What I was thinking, Didn't see any mention of it :x Little disappointed that it wasn't mentioned. I think they did say something about it being released in January in the December BTS though.

Mobilising Armies

Weve reported before that we planned to release Mobilising Armies, our new tactical minigame, in December. Weve found that although we could release it, we really want to take our time to make this the best update we can, so we made the difficult choice to hold onto it until next year. Weve never ever tried to release a game like this before, and we want to make sure we get it right. So, youll have to wait a little longer for your gnomic glider bombers, pigeon messengers, dragons hoards and catapult attacks.

It says "Next year" not January, sorry to burst your bubbles :cry:

Now I can finally go away to get something without worrying! I looked on rsof, and the upgrade doesn't effect the log-out timer for lagg.

Oh, and the pheonix sounds nice too, great that I don't have to bring 5 summons to one bloodveld task now. (I kill the mutated ones).

80aa0daff6.png

Nate's Big Blog

4,000th to 99 crafting, 33,340th to 99 defence, 3,867th to 99 farming, 55,293rd to 99 hitpoints

So if you shut down window or go off the game link, will your character be in game for 5 minutes?

I think that Jagex will make the 5 minute only go for SAFE places.

:ohnoes:

This year sounds promising to me.

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

The log-out timer change sounds nice, but what happened with the Mobilizing Armies mini-game that we were promised this month?

Scroll up. Read posts.

It was never announced for January. Just for the beginning of this year, wich is a vague description.

priest_wiz.png

best update of the year? i hope not thats probably a simple bit of coding i'm sure 365 days from today, the game will have things we will think how did i play without this? will be a good year, but i think soemthing bigger than a timer will capture my eye

With all due respect, some of the best changes in Runescape and in life can be small ones...

Personally, I think the 90 second log out timer is Runescape's current, worst flaw. Not a "problem", but, flaw. It's the biggest thing I hate telling people about when I introduce friends to RS, the most. It could possibly be my single favorite update, personally...

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I believe this is the beginning of the end of RuneScape, reading those posts they say themselves there will be less new content and more polishing of existing content. This to me suggests they are preparing Runescape to be left to its own devices and divert their workforce onto different projects...

Avid43.png

I believe this is the beginning of the end of RuneScape, reading those posts they say themselves there will be less new content and more polishing of existing content. This to me suggests they are preparing Runescape to be left to its own devices and divert their workforce onto different projects...

I cant help but laugh, you ever think they might be making it more user friendy, dynamic, and be able to make the game slightly harder and funner, like with your spells set in diff places so new boss monsters and other things? or do you really think the most successful browser game at the moment is going to be abandoned? :lol:

we have ourselves a comedian

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I cant help but laugh, you ever think they might be making it more user friendy, dynamic, and be able to make the game slightly harder and funner, like with your spells set in diff places so new boss monsters and other things? or do you really think the most successful browser game at the moment is going to be abandoned? :lol:

Nah I wasn't trying to be funny about it...

Do you honestly think Jagex are going to need all of their current development staff, testers, artists etc. to work on these improvements?...

If theres no new content then theres nothing to develop and nothing to test and nothing draw...

I agree they are trying to make it more user friendly and more of a complete game, primarily for the fact that once they feel they have finished these bits off they can leave the game to move onto newer things...

Avid43.png

Nah I wasn't trying to be funny about it...

Do you honestly think Jagex are going to need all of their current development staff, testers, artists etc. to work on these improvements?...

If theres no new content then theres nothing to develop and nothing to test and nothing draw...

I agree they are trying to make it more user friendly and more of a complete game, primarily for the fact that once they feel they have finished these bits off they can leave the game to move onto newer things...

they'll be planning big things too every year has big updates along with the littles, theyre just strengthening the foundations so the structure of the game is improved to build upon

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png