FARMING PROCESS FOR BEGINNERS - Plug and Play!

Leesters

nice guide not that ill ever use it im lvl 33 farming i like the chance to sit back relax and browse through tip.it while i wait for my strawberries to grow (doing that right now) but i can see how it would be helpfull to more impatient people

ahahaha IMA A IDIOT

cant argue there mate
Real world? *looks around confuzzled* Real world?!? :ohnoes:

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

have now quit rs :-( (but i still browse these forums :-)

ah, another great post by leesters

great guide! Although I never finished reading it, I'm sure beggining farmers will love this :mrgreen:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

nice guide not that ill ever use it im lvl 33 farming i like the chance to sit back relax and browse through tip.it while i wait for my strawberries to grow (doing that right now) but i can see how it would be helpfull to more impatient people

off topic: people who like to expierience skills faster are impatient? What does it make you if you tele to save 200k? your impatient too then right, if you cant be patient enough to make 200k? Hi, ty

On topic: this good guide almost makes me wanna train my farming up from 15.

Sheesh... this is a darned old guide... :shock:

But still, yet another beauty from the one and only guide machine, Mr. Leesters himself.

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

• 1 month later...

Hey I love your guide! I have one question though... I'm 46 farming (mostly from tears of guthix so im still a farming newb) and I have like 600 potoato seeds in my bank. I really don't wana drop so many coz it's a bit of a waste, so would it be wise to farm them? I was planning on farming all my seeds...

What do you recommend?

You start dreaming of picking whiteberries at level ..... oh well, who cares!!! :D

Happy Farming!

Lol you just spoke my farming life goal 56 or 59!

(56 with pie for those who don't know)

Imagin:

5-6 white berrys per plant, 5 plants

5 x (5-6) = (25-30) x full re-growth per 1-3 hours = $BlInG$

penguinesigrq6.png

A couple of minor additions you might want to make:

Step One:

Tele to Ardy - Steal a load of cakes.

Rub to Draynor - Bank your cakes, get fully healed, and have empty inv

Pickpocket from two Master Farmers by Draynor stalls. One may be in the pig pen, and thats sweet having him stuck in there. Keep the door closed.

Remember the stalls don't give herb seeds, so focus on the farmer. Get ready for thieving levels.

Steal seeds until you get to 100 potato. Shouldn't take 30 minutes.

When you get low on hits, run to bank, eat cakes, and run back. Bank all your seeds when you get to 100 potatos. The potatos aren't important, but you need to thieve enough to get the other stock piles started. You'll need higher level seeds immediately. The more seeds the better.

Someone may want to start farming, but not want to bother getting their thieving up to 38. You should advise such a player that they can very easily get allotment seeds up to tomato, flower seeds up to woad, hops seeds of practically all kinds (very few people grow hops, and most people are bank-space challenged and get rid of the seeds), and maybe even low level herb seeds. Just hang around Draynor master farmers/bank, or Ardy master farmers and see if the people thieving are dropping, or will give you low level seeds. Chances are they'll be happy to unload.

Also, for stealing, I prefer to take 10 cakes with me while stealing, and store extras just in case. That leaves 18 slots open for seeds. Chances are very good that you will get hit many times by the farmer before filling up 18 inventory slots with seeds, and your cake consumption will still almost always outpace your seed varieties, especially at lower thieving levels. It's more a matter of preference, I guess, but it saves needless running back and forth from the bank - particularly useful for players who wish to steal seeds at Ardougne, in order to have their cake source close by, since the master farmer is a few clicks from the bank.

There are two other hops patches in the game, if you want to use them. One is on Entrana, so if you're using staffs to save runes, you can't take em there. Its right by the sand pit.

A very quick way to get to Entrana is to simply go through the abyss - rub to Edgeville, bank everything, and RUN! Sure it's dangerous (though you only risk losing a bit of time if you die), but very fast, and you can go through the law altar at any level. Plus it puts a bank right on your way to Entrana - very convenient, because otherwise a bank would be a bit of a hike, and if you're anything like me, clicking through the dialogue with the monks 5 times is incredibly annoying, especially if you get there and realize you forgot to unequip a staff. Going through the wildy and abyss will force every player to stop and think about banking everything.

• 4 months later...

Also, for stealing, I prefer to take 10 cakes with me while stealing, and store extras just in case. That leaves 18 slots open for seeds. Chances are very good that you will get hit many times by the farmer before filling up 18 inventory slots with seeds, and your cake consumption will still almost always outpace your seed varieties, especially at lower thieving levels. It's more a matter of preference, I guess, but it saves needless running back and forth from the bank - particularly useful for players who wish to steal seeds at Ardougne, in order to have their cake source close by, since the master farmer is a few clicks from the bank.

Just another seed stealing tactic:

I steal seeds from the master farmer in Draynor wearing only a glory amulet and I don't use any food at all. I steal until I am close to death (5 hps), I bank my seeds, and then I continue stealing until death. I respawn with full hps, glory back to Draynor, and then repeat the process.

To the guy who asked where to get oaks: You can get them by chopping trees (occasionally nests will fall and sometimes they contain seeds) or you can just buy them from other players (people are practically giving them away, prices range from 500 coins to 5k).

Post "Buying acorns, 1kea" to the Runescape forums and I'll bet you'll quickly get as many as you can handle.

This is a great guide, it got me started in farming and now farming is easily my favorite skill.

elle2nq7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its a good guide but there were just a few things I didn't like about the actually way it was writen.

I just think that with pictures it would be so much easier to follow and sometimes because it was all text it kinda got hard on the eyes and sort of confusing so you would end up looking at a part a few times before you completely 100% understod it.

Even if you could just organise all the steps in more of a list form it would make it easier to follow along.

Example:

~Cutting a tree~

• [*:3jxhhgrn]Get a axe

[*:3jxhhgrn]Find a tree

[*:3jxhhgrn]Click on it to cut it down

And here is the code for that if you actually want to use it.

~Cutting a tree~

[list][*]Get a axe

[*]Find a tree

[*]Click on it to cut it down[/list]

Vector1.png

One more suggestion is to check the tip.it farming guide. They have a table of which "flower" will protect each veggie. Very useful when I'm growing veggies (like watermelon) that I don't want to worry about getting diseased. As long as I have that item fully grown in the flower patch the veggies never die! Also, ALWAYS USE SUPERCOMPOST when you can. Stop by different stores and purchase all the pineapple you can carry. Great for large yields.

nephite11.png