kudos isle and archeology?

Vincent

Anyone familiar with the museum is aware of kudos and the kudos requirement to travel with the party from the museum to the island that they are planning to work on.

at first i thought it would be like a king kong thing where "king kong" would be there or maybe something like dr zhivago or something along the lines of gulliver's travels. now it seems it will be a focal point for archeology.

requiring so many quests and "kudos" and the dig site quest etc. to prepare someone for a new skill does not seem like something jagex would do. there is usually a simple singular quest to start a skill or no quest at all. ie hunting, slayer, agility, fletching, construction, farming. quests for summoning, herblore, runecrafting.

so my theory is IF archelogy is a new skill much benefit will be derived from being able to visit kudos isle but it will not be required to start the skill itself.

here is a few posts made by a jmod on the rs forums; this jmod does develop game content, i'm pretty sure, and is not stictly a forum overseer. what do you think she's trying to get at? and what do you think the answers to her questions are? "kudos isle" has been in development since or before may 2007 when the museum was added so probably enough time to develop a skill i would think.

69270750pw8.png

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Let me be the first person to respond.

Click the Archaeology Suggestion in my signature and if you want post a link of it in your post.

I don't think Archaeology will be the NEXT skill but I do believe it will be released.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

i've read your suggestion and i have some disagreement with it but it does lay out some of the possibilities. honestly, i think archeology would fit right in with runescape. i especially like your idea of ancient caverns scattered across runescape and the private digsites; i have to think an entire body of developers dedicated to coming up with new content for the game would of course expand the uses and possibilities similar to what you've done in your thread.

perhaps randomly generated scenarios will be part of it.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

I've supported the tip.it archaeology skill and I'll support it on rsof.

to two above ^ not everythin has to be combat and IMO summoning failed. only a handful of the hundred or so familiars are useful

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

oh gawd.... she's just asking for IDEAS on what could be on the island, not hinting at anything! :wall: sheesh, is this gonna become the next "sailing"?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

i'm starting to think the reqs for the island are leading to a master quest as that would make more sense, but i still think the possibility of a tie-in to a newly developed archeology skill is not far-fetched and could be related in some way. and i think they already have plans for the island but they may have decided to include more than they had originally planned for the area. and i remember "high level island" being a topic of discussion monitored by jmods on rsof.

to two above ^ not everythin has to be combat and IMO summoning failed. only a handful of the hundred or so familiars are useful

When did I say it did? I said since the last skill was a combat related skill that the next one wouldn't be.

Also your summoning isn't even ranked so I dont see how you can even make that statement.

There's tons of useful teleports, skill boosts, and scroll abilities, not to mention all the extra combat exp and healing you can get from using different familiars.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

If they do come out with archeology as a skill I highly doubt that they would release it through the kudos isle. The reason for that is with the fact that you can't just walk in to the museum and get rewarded the kudos to be able to travel there. You have to complete a lot of quests and other things to be able to travel and I don't think Jagex would release a skill that is limited to so few people at one time.

darkjakx.png

If there really needs to be a next skill, then I hope it's archeology instead of sailing, honestly.

However I feel that Runescape doesn't need any more new skills at the moment. Only improvements of allready existing skills and awesome quests, including conclusions of previous released quest lines.

priest_wiz.png

archeology > sailing everyday, but honestly, do we need another skill? we have more then enough skills; improvements to existing ones, and new quests would be better.

...but they stated that they where working on at least 1 skill at all times until summoning came out since rs2 came out so it might be that there is one in the near future; and remember construction? the only real hint they gave to it was that there would be player made tea and chairs we could sit on that month, so it easely could be a totally different skill

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

oh gawd.... she's just asking for IDEAS on what could be on the island, not hinting at anything! :wall: sheesh, is this gonna become the next "sailing"?

More like, is archeology gonna be like sailing is to archeology that is to necromancy?

1. Archeology would bore me.

2. This has even less basis than sailing.

3. It's not like Jagex mods ever have a clue what's going on anyway.

4. You're trying too hard.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

+1

There's nothing in her post to even SUGGEST archeology being a skill. In fact, the only link between a possible "archeology skill" and those posts is the fact that she says, "Archeologist."

C'moooon. Enough already.

hzvjpwS.gif

Click the Archaeology Suggestion in my signature and if you want post a link of it in your post.

I don't think Archaeology will be the NEXT skill but I do believe it will be released.

Maybe an addon to mining. Probably not a standalone skill. Seems more like a minigame idea anyway.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

I don't like new skills that much, but this seems so much like an Archaeologoljalj(sp? xD) skill is coming out.

Sounds kinda boring in concept but would probably be kindai interesting.

Though if it relates to mining I hate it already.

Mining #-o

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I wouldn't take anything the "queen of the squirrels" says too seriously.

:lol: :lol:

we should make something like the ten runescape commandents, THEE SHALT NOT TRUST JMODS (Unless they earn more money then 500 pounds/year)

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Maybe an addon to mining. Probably not a standalone skill. Seems more like a minigame idea anyway.

Hmm, that reminds me of that secret subsection from the mining skill...

Anyways, that's not really the point of this topic.

However there might be a minigame on the island, involving mining.

priest_wiz.png