Rap

xlippsx

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emenim's one of my favorite mainstream rappers. Rather, the only one I like. Edit: Kanye's not bad either

Aesop Rock and Atmosphere are two I've been told are good, I've never actually heard Atmosphere though, so who knows. Another one that's big with some of the guys I know is Immortal Technique. Again, haven't heard much from him.

Edit again: Forgot Cypress Hilll and House of Pain (sometimes)

I like Aesop Rock, he's really good. Atmosphere I don't like my roommate last year over played the crap out of them.

@RayOxide rap and hip hop are the same thing. I use rap to describe hardcore stuff and hip hop to describe stuff like Kayne, nas, etc. because for me rap is more about anger, and violence, and women (50 Cent for example) where hip hop is not.

tFtfA.jpg

Hip hop's really what you'll hear now. And like pure said, rap is more bass and a rapper.

Also, I've grown to despise a Tribe Called Quest. I used to kinda enjoy them, but I don't know ... One day, hearing their music just made me very angry. And I did not like it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Rap = Hip Hop?

I dont see a difference >.>

I go by KRS One's definition of things. Hip Hop is a culture that involves Dj'ing, Graffiti writing, breakdancing and MC'ing (Rapping). Rapping is a musical form of Hip Hop culture. So if you're talking about hip hop in relation to music you're talking about rap anyway.

I only ever see these differentiations between rap & hip hop online however, I never see the distinction made on websites that are actually about hip hop. So the terms to me, are pretty interchangeable.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

[hide=]image.axd?picture=Nas_Illmatic.jpg

ATCQ-TheLowEndTheory.jpg

GZA+(1995)+HHIR+-+Liquid+Swords+%5BThe+Samples%5D.jpg

From_Filthy_Tongue.jpg[/hide]

Good picks. Low End Theory and Illmatic are both fantastic. Don't know the other two, but I'll check them out.

I'm a huge fan of alternative and underground rap/hip-hop. I'm not such a big fan of commercial hip-hop (Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, Soulja, Lil' Wayne).

Some of my favourites...

Blue & Exile

A Tribe Called Quest

Digable Planets

CYNE

The Roots

MC Lyte

MURS

Devin the Dude

Pete Rock

Dr. Octagon

Rap = Hip Hop?

I dont see a difference >.>

I go by KRS One's definition of things. Hip Hop is a culture that involves Dj'ing, Graffiti writing, breakdancing and MC'ing (Rapping). Rapping is a musical form of Hip Hop culture. So if you're talking about hip hop in relation to music you're talking about rap anyway.

I only ever see these differentiations between rap & hip hop online however, I never see the distinction made on websites that are actually about hip hop. So the terms to me, are pretty interchangeable.

I guess thats reasonable, it's what I thought originally but lately I've just wondered if it really is that different.

So, hip hop is just a rapper, with all these (SAMPLED) beats?

Tbh, I lol at live your live

1. Cause it has the mai-a-haha thing from the numa numa song (cant remember name)

2. Cause it doesnt have the numa numa part in it :(

For rap, the only mainstream rap i hear now is..

O wait, its all hip hop and r'n'b.

Imo, Hip hop is more womanizing and drug influential than 'rap'.

And, really any rap I've heard is Eminem, and yes, I include that as rap if you dont, there's no sampled crap, and most is funny, and isnt stupid and [developmentally delayed]ed, even though it sends itself that way, it isnt. >_>

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Favorite rappers right now: Saul Williams and KRS-One

Saul Williams is freaking epic.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Thank you Rollyboy, I was about ready to cry if nobody had mentioned Bone Thugs N Harmony. I'm more of a fan of the older style rap versus this new generation rap, but then again I don't really open myself up to any other rap than what I already know I like (hard to go in depth into a single genre when you listen to every genre :wall: )

Bone Thugs

Tupac

Notorious B.I.G.

Eminem

Fyi, saying rap = hip hop is like saying coffee = espresso.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Wouldn't call them the most talented. They're smart, though. Very smart. And they flaunt their images well.

Yeah, I dont think they are even close to the most talented (Especially not in lyric quality), but I guess you could say they are very good at what they do.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I liked eminem up to the eminem show, but I haven't listened to him in years. I do like hilltop hoods though, they're aussie and really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTR7pz4S_E

he has a new album coming out soon, after like a 4 year hiatus.

it may or may not have been leaked already ( :-# )

160vy.png

name on better rapper at this day n age?

Lil' Wayne is a commercial pop artist in the same field as Soulja Boy. They are "talented" at appealing to commercial interests, but beyond that, they do not have very much talent at all. :|

name on better rapper at this day n age?

Saul Williams.

Krs-One.

and for lyrics I would even say Scroobius Pip.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

The only rapper I've only ever liked Eminem. Mostly The Eminem Show and Encore. I feel like most of the other rappers (not all of them) just have really meaningless lyrics. Eminem's actually mean something to me, with the exception of a few songs.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog