30-January-2009 Penguin bannings

Toad

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<+[LO]RuneScript> *** [ TRACKER ]: [All] exp gains for Red Jude in last 1day: Overall(+12) +2,227,158 | Att(89) +8,073 | Def(80) +1,238 | Str(91) +11,031 | HP(91) +6,776 | Magic(79) +80,661 | WC(68) +18,237 | Fish'n(90) +1,540 | Craft(63) +62 | Mine(71) +2,687 | Agil(70) +3 | Slay(76->85) +1,932,150 | Con(72) +950 | Summ(65->68) +163,750

WTF HOW IS RED JUDE NOT BANNED!

Look at the slay exp then look at the combat exps if you are an idiot and think this guy could be legit.

<+[LO]RuneScript> *** [ TRACKER ]: [All] exp gains for Red Jude in last 1day: Overall(+12) +2,227,158 | Att(89) +8,073 | Def(80) +1,238 | Str(91) +11,031 | HP(91) +6,776 | Magic(79) +80,661 | WC(68) +18,237 | Fish'n(90) +1,540 | Craft(63) +62 | Mine(71) +2,687 | Agil(70) +3 | Slay(76->85) +1,932,150 | Con(72) +950 | Summ(65->68) +163,750

WTF HOW IS RED JUDE NOT BANNED!

Look at the slay exp then look at the combat exps if you are an idiot and think this guy could be legit.

lmfao that is so epic!!!

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

It's statements like this that remind us how the state of the community is utterly pathetic, not only in the number of people who swarm on a bug to exploit it before it's fixed, but the people who defend them once they're caught at it. Just as sad as when Durial rampaged through Falador in 2006, and people were trying to get him unbanned.

This bug was nowhere near as serious as the bug exploited by Durial. There is no way that Durial should be unbanned because his use of the bug cheated other players out of millions of GP.

If you take advantage of exploits like this out of "lapse of judgement in light of a startling discovery", then you need to grow up, stop being so greedy and selfish, and get a clue as to how the rules work. These people weren't saying to themselves "I wonder if this is a bug?", they were saying "LoL FREE EXP, and Jagex won't catch me anyway".

These idiots are just as bad as the ones who real world traded, bought gold and stuff, and autoed thinking Jagex didn't care, and were eventually responsible for all the limits and Runescape Classic shutting down. People who exploited this should be permanently banned, and Jagex really should name and shame them so this kind of exploitation doesn't happen in the future.

If someone went into this bug with 9 blackmarks or whatever, then its clear that they've got no respect for the rules and should be banned, but if someone with a clean account went into this mess, then I think its safe to say that they were just caught up in the excitement and didn't fully think out their actions. I don't believe they were deluding themselves into thinking it was not a bug, but I also don't think they were doing it deliberately and with malice. While not thinking is not an excuse for what they did, I still don't think a punishment as harsh as permanent banning is in order for those who, until then, had been following the rules. Maybe I'm too easy on them, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, such is my personality. I hardly think a little empathy classifies me as "utterly pathetic".

I feel like logging in today and spamming the Report Abuse button on Red Jude for all that slayer xp. That ****** gets 1.9M slayer xp for blatant abuse of a bug and now he has 85 slayer. Took me months to get that. It's times like this where I wish I was supreme overlord of the internet and could banhammer anyone.

And to be honest I hope everyone that got excessive amounts of xp from this penguin glitch gets IP banned. I don't like rulebreakers like that playing on RS.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Im not trying to justify a reason to unban all these players, but this kind of bug cannot be compared to the likes of the Fally Massacre and Phat Dupe. Those guys went looking for an exploit and used it to con millions of gp. The penguin bug was so easy to participate in and didnt require some complex exploit. It was open to everyone, and im sure the majority of players' basic instinct would be to click on it lots of times. Its when people ran back and forth 2+ trips that the problem arises. At this point, they know its bug abuse.

The only people that get banned for bug abuse are ones that tell other people about it (by this, I mean they would not have been banned if they hadnt told anyone, because no-one else would know) . For example, someone told people in the clan chats about it, everyone swarmed and loads of people got banned. The two guys that duplicated money using POH's got banned because one of them told someone else, at which point it spread like wildfire, until Jagex found out about it, then screwed them over (Jagex offered one of them unlimited membership if he told them how he did it. He told Jagex, and they perm banned him).

So the lesson here is either:

1. Don't bug abuse.

2. If you have found a bug and want to abuse it, dont tell anyone.

rotflmfao!!!!

i loved that part about jagex promising unlimited membership and then screwing him over... but if i knew about the glitch i would have abused it to high heavens!!!

I would have got lvl 85 slayer along with 90+ summoning and lvl 90 construction...hell i would even try and get maxed skils....but i'm glad that jagex has taken some action but they should have had the exp removed from the cheaters and ban them for a couple of weeks so that the amount of exp that they got using the glitch would have normally been obtain if they were working hard on it.

for example: red jude(sp.)

If iw as jagex i would ban him for at least a couple of months because lvl 85 slayer is no easy feat...( i'm trying to get it atm currently 1.5mil away) and it would have normally taken him a few months to gte lvl 85 slayer if he worked at slayer decently..

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Well guess what,

I for one, have not gained a single xp off the penguins bug, i even pm all my friends in game to tell them not to do the hide and seek mini game last wednesday due to a bug that prevented larry from correctly recognizing the number of penguins one has spotted, yet i am banned.

I am currently actively looking for another online game, and i am gladly giving up a lvl 137 account.

Jagex, you simply don't deserve my hard earnt money, and as to your competence as a company that provides a paid for service... well it simply is none existent.

Well guess what,

I for one, have not gained a single xp off the penguins bug, i even pm all my friends in game to tell them not to do the hide and seek mini game last wednesday due to a bug that prevented larry from correctly recognizing the number of penguins one has spotted, yet i am banned.

I am currently actively looking for another online game, and i am gladly giving up a lvl 137 account.

Jagex, you simply don't deserve my hard earnt money, and as to your competence as a company that provides a paid for service... well it simply is none existent.

appeal, appeal, appeal

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

appeal, appeal, appeal

I honestly don't believe that Jagex deserves to make a single cent off me anymore, I am also seeking legal advice to reclaim the outstanding on my subscribtion.

1. Banned account are still being looked at. Even though and if you didn't break any rule and didn't abuse the bug you will be unbanned and everything will be fine. If you did however abuse the bug then look at 2.

2. Refunds are given at the discretion of the management.

We do not normally refund victims of in-game scamming as there are many warnings about avoiding this on our website. We will, however, do everything we can to assist players to recover their accounts.

We also do not give refunds to players who have been banned from the game for violating the terms and conditions of use, including the rules of the game.

Legal advice will cost more than the subscription for 2 years.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I am certain that that is what Jagex, to a large extent, counts upon, unless one has a lawyer in the family.

Also remember, in most jurisdictions, the guilty party foots the legal bill.

A) Class action suits are really pretty pointless. The only people who will actually benefit if you win the case are the lawyers.

B) It says specifically in the T&C that you agreed to that you own nothing. Therefore, you've lost nothing and it will be a hard suit to win regardless.

C) It also states in the T&C that you agreed to that Jagex has the right to delete or lock your account for any reason, or no reason at all.

D) Finally, class action suits are typically settled. That means the lawyers will make a bucket of cash, and each victim will be given $5 if you're lucky. THAT sounds like a great use of time. Also, getting the guilty party to pay the legal bill is generally separate from the suit itself. That one can take even longer to win. You may end up LOSING money, and not getting it back for a long period of time. Mathematically, that is even worse for you, since the small amount of money you will earn is fairly small in comparison to the interest you could've earned on the money that Jagex was able to, in theory, borrow. Considering how small interest rates are... hopefully you get the point that you aren't going to get a lot of money at all.

E) Remember that Jagex is a British LLC, and international legal suits are even more mired in bureaucracy than suits within a single country.

If you really didn't abuse any bug, wait for Jagex to sort it out. If they don't sort it out, obviously they felt you did abuse a bug heavily. You wouldn't be the first person to suffer a ban for a ridiculous reason. That's why they cover their own rears very well in the T&C... to give themselves breathing room for this kind of mistake.

I am certain that that is what Jagex, to a large extent, counts upon, unless one has a lawyer in the family.

Also remember, in most jurisdictions, the guilty party foots the legal bill.

A) Class action suits are really pretty pointless. The only people who will actually benefit if you win the case are the lawyers.

B) It says specifically in the T&C that you agreed to that you own nothing. Therefore, you've lost nothing and it will be a hard suit to win regardless.

C) It also states in the T&C that you agreed to that Jagex has the right to delete or lock your account for any reason, or no reason at all.

D) Finally, class action suits are typically settled. That means the lawyers will make a bucket of cash, and each victim will be given $5 if you're lucky. THAT sounds like a great use of time. Also, getting the guilty party to pay the legal bill is generally separate from the suit itself. That one can take even longer to win. You may end up LOSING money, and not getting it back for a long period of time. Mathematically, that is even worse for you, since the small amount of money you will earn is fairly small in comparison to the interest you could've earned on the money that Jagex was able to, in theory, borrow. Considering how small interest rates are... hopefully you get the point that you aren't going to get a lot of money at all.

E) Remember that Jagex is a British LLC, and international legal suits are even more mired in bureaucracy than suits within a single country.

If you really didn't abuse any bug, wait for Jagex to sort it out. If they don't sort it out, obviously they felt you did abuse a bug heavily. You wouldn't be the first person to suffer a ban for a ridiculous reason. That's why they cover their own rears very well in the T&C... to give themselves breathing room for this kind of mistake.

I am not after making money, what i am after is a full refund for my outstanding subscription, and perhaps an end to having companies like Jagex operate without being accountable, especially to their paying customers.

Not to be skeptical or anything but I doubt your "lawyer in the family" will want to jeopardize his reputation over a $5 squabble. In a case against a corporation. An international corporation. Who has every right not to refund your money as per what is stated in the TOS when you made your account.

So...Good luck with that!

hzvjpwS.gif

I am not after making money, what i am after is a full refund for my outstanding subscription, and perhaps an end to having companies like Jagex operate without being accountable, especially to their paying customers.

No. Not going to happen. T&C already expressly covers that you won't be entitled to a refund if you are found (yes, found, meaning not this little temporary dry spell that you're bellyaching over) to be in violation of its rules, and lawyers can't do a damn thing about that.

If you didn't do anything wrong, quit acting like such a baby about it, and wait for your account to be reviewed. Getting lawyers involved with this is about the worst thing you can do, since you've got a snowballs' chance in Hell of winning.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Not to be skeptical or anything but I doubt your "lawyer in the family" will want to jeopardize his reputation over a $5 squabble. In a case against a corporation. An international corporation. Who has every right not to refund your money as per what is stated in the TOS when you made your account.

Fortunately, I reside in a place where charging a single cent for services not rendered is still classed as an activity that falls outside the law. As far as I know, this is also the case in England where Jagex is based.

Fortunately, I reside in a place where charging a single cent for services not rendered is still classed as an activity that falls outside the law. As far as I know, this is also the case in England where Jagex is based.

Stop whining please and just appeal it. You're only making a fool out of yourself this way.

priest_wiz.png

No. Not going to happen. T&C already expressly covers that you won't be entitled to a refund if you are found (yes, found, meaning not this little temporary dry spell that you're bellyaching over) to be in violation of its rules, and lawyers can't do a damn thing about that.

If you didn't do anything wrong, quit acting like such a baby about it, and wait for your account to be reviewed. Getting lawyers involved with this is about the worst thing you can do, since you've got a snowballs' chance in Hell of winning.

This "little temporary dry spell" as you put it, is being paid for with real money, and not rs gold coins, by myself, which Jagex has no legal right to.

Stop whining please and just appeal it. You're only making a fool out of yourself this way.

Please do not let me stop you transfering any funds you wish to any on line content provider of your choice.

On the other hand, I have a legal right to enjoy a service I paid for in advance, and if this service has been interrupted due to no fault of my own, I believe that I am entitled to a full refund, Jagex T&C none withstanding.