Soul wars, an awesome way to get range exp -updated-

Update- I would highly suggest going for 100 zeal before cashing in. At 95 range I get 800k exp for my zeal and at 98 range I'm getting around 880k per hundred! . And have worked out on 8 zeal per hour (easy obtainable) you get 64k per hour base exp. This is better than chinning if you make less than 450k per hour!

The basics behind this idea is to get the experience rewards in exchange for zeal. Now you get 1 point for a loss, 2 for a draw and 3 for a win so for each zeal you will get a certain amount of exp (around 6-7k)

if you work on averages you get 2 zeal a game making around 40k an hour exp plus the exp you will get for fighting in soul wars.

This sucks for melee training when compared to armoured zombies, therefore I would highly suggest not using zeal on meele (feel free to melee during game this is still faster range exp than yaks!).

Yaks at around level 90 with void only nets 40k per hour and are a lot more boring than this game :).40k plus say 10k extra per hour in range or whatever skill.

BUT if you are clever you will notice than the swarms of noobs will go to the winning side each time! this means you can easily increase you winning percent to 90+% if you switch teams after each round. This adds up to a huge 60k per hr + exp in game.

this is a good alternative to yaks or avansies and costs nothing (maybe apart from the small cost of bolts.)

[hide=how to play soul wars]Soul wars is a castle wars like game. You are fighting over the middle obelisk(which lowers the opponent's avatars slayer level needed to kill)

here are some equipment sets I'd recommend (always go for high melee/magic defence) inventory may contain a dragon dagger but not much else.

melee (replace godsword with whip+defender/dragonfire shield if you want to also add explorer/warrior/berserker ring)

meele.jpg#

ranged (recommended if your playing for range exp)Along with the accumulator update I would now recommend using broad bolts with rune c'bow (or mith/adamant bolts if your slayer level is too low) .If you don't have void go for armadyl or black d'hide in inventory take a melee special weapon and if you have melee void helm use that for the specials, unless you are using Zanik's c'bow which then I would use adamant bolts for a special then switch back to rune c'bow. feel free to use ranger boots and archer ring over snakeskin and explorer.

ranged.jpg

rangeset.jpg

rangeset2.jpg

magic is a bit of a no-brainier use it for fun but if your going to waste this much money use chinning or bursting ape atoll :lol:

during the game I would recommend ignoring the noob who says grave rush as this is generally pointless. You should always aim for the obelisk. A grave rush organised by a random idiot shouting grave rush is going to fail 99% of the time but if a clan makes a huge rush it can be very easy to take the graveyard and nearly always results In a win

The obelisk

oberlisk2.jpg fight over this to win the game!

oberlisk.jpg it is found here

to lower slayer level with obelisk you need to use shards on them (these are obtainable by killing the monsters scattered around).

To raise your avatars level bury the bones of your enemies in a graveyard.

at the start of them game go here. Barricades block opponents, bandages heal and potions explode barricades .

soulwars.jpgsupplies.jpg[/hide]

there we go a good alternate way of training :)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

erm i dont mean to be picky but the guy was right.. examples of mistakes:

.no(should be now) you get 1 point for a lose 2 for a draw and 3 for a win

.know(should be now) if you work on averages you get 2 zeal.

.exspensiveshould be expensive

there are more but just read through the guide yourself and edit to ensure no further mistakes are found

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

erm i dont mean to be picky but the guy was right.. examples of mistakes:

.no(should be now) you get 1 point for a lose 2 for a draw and 3 for a win

.know(should be now) if you work on averages you get 2 zeal.

.exspensiveshould be expensive

there are more but just read through the guide yourself and edit to ensure no further mistakes are found

thanks ive got lazy becuase of firefox checker and it doesnt seem to be working atm

if you see a mistake in grammer pm me

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

At level 98 range I get 7680 xp per zeal, which is 46080 xp per hour if I tie every game. I'll be very generous and say I get an added 20k xp from combat. 66989 xp per hour is not good at all, and this is with the optimal level (assuming you don't want xp at level 99).

quit

• 2 weeks later...

Grave rushing useless? It's obvious you haven't played many soul wars games.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Grave rushing useless? It's obvious you haven't played many soul wars games.

ah im thinking about revising this

let me clear up- a grave rush organised by a random idiot shouting grave rush is going to fail 99% of the time. Like in your guide if a clan makes a huge rush it can be very easy to take the graveyard

I have reworked guide with some grammar fixes

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

I get like 35k an hour at aviansies max. I have no idea where you get those figures. Also, I max about 200k an hour with red chins. Perhaps your figures are so high because you are 99 Ranging, in which case your figures don't matter because most people stop training then.

And the guide could really use some more structuring.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I get like 35k an hour at aviansies max. I have no idea where you get those figures. Also, I max about 200k an hour with red chins. Perhaps your figures are so high because you are 99 Ranging, in which case your figures don't matter because most people stop training then.

And the guide could really use some more structuring.

thank you!

yes i know the guide could be better but its quite simple what to do.... Doesn't take a mastermind to work out how to play soulwars. :lol:

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Even if Compfreak is incorrect, which I highly doubt he is, there are much better ways to train your Ranged. 90k exp/hour at Ice Trolls with a bit of profit anyone? I wouldn't claim this to be an "awesome way to get range exp", because it isn't.

using zeal on hp is much more efficient...75k hp xp off 6zeal for lvl 98 unless u can get 300k str/att/def/range xp/h its the best

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

Given that Fishy is using 90+ range as HIS XP base also, and none of you have bothered to test my methods (or even have the stats to), I don't think your in a position to challenge my numbers. Frankly, you can call me 'fail' all you want, but I really could care less simply because I am right.

using zeal on hp is much more efficient...75k hp xp off 6zeal for lvl 98 unless u can get 300k str/att/def/range xp/h its the best

And then you find yourself with millions more HP XP over level 99 when you get around to training other stats. I currently have almost 23m HP XP, and it was only recently I maxed out my melees.

Also, I agree about the title change. Change it from 'an awesome way' to a 'a fun way', and be sure to mention in the post that it is horrendously slow (1/3rd the speed of other methods) but a fun alternative when your taking a break from real training.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

thanks for feedback

Compfreak you have already had your posts removed because they are stupid and without proof please stay off thread

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

thanks for feedback

Compfreak you have already had your posts removed because they are stupid and without proof please stay off thread

I'm afraid you'll have a difficult time arguing with the facts. I have dozens of hours of testing and numbers to back me up; you have precisely zero evidence besides pointing fingers and whining about how my numbers are wrong despite having never so much as TRIED to collect numbers, and instead have completely falsified information about soul wars XP. The bottom line is that range can be trained at rates approaching 180k XP\hour very easily at no cost whatsoever, and soul wars represents a far slower (nearly 3 times) and inferior method of training range.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

999134fishy it is not up to you to decide who is allowed to visit your thread or not. Compfreak847 is more than welcome to post constructive criticism. As long as he is not violating any of the Tip.it Forum Rules, and is just trying to help improve your guide, he is welcome to post. The posts were removed because it was turning into an argument and was driving the thread off-topic. Not because they were "stupid and without proof."

Compfreak is welcome to keep posting comments, but if 999134fishy doesn't want to update his guide accordingly, then I think it would be best to just drop this. At the end of the day, it is 999134fishy's decision as to whether or not he wants to update the guide or not with compfreak's information. But either way, the spamming and flaming ends here.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

OK, thanks for cleaning out more spam tripsis.

I'll just leave my point at this. Soul wars is three times slower then other methods of training range, and as such should be considered as a fun alternative to 'real' training, not a good method of training in and of itself.

Irregardless of if fishy wants to update his post, the facts remain - they are based upon sound testing and numbers, and no amount of flaming or ignoring them will change that. I'll leave this up here to inform others in case Fishy decides not to include it in his thread.

DeviledEgg24.png

1 point for a loss? (as opposed to lose)

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".