Mechscape A Hard Blow To Clans?

orichocos

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Hello I am Orichocos, I am sure most of you have heard the news of Mechscape coming out. Jagex is already promoting it by making commercials of it on T.V. and its getting a lot of media attention, not only from players, but every gaming system competitors (mostly World of Warcraft). But what do we have to worry about? We are only players. But yesterday I started to wonder about Mechscape.

Will it hit clans hard? As most of our brains, we would love to see what Mechscape is about. I am sure that everyone will play it making it a grand success when it launches. But if it's a better game than Runescape. I am sure people will make the switch. And stay with Mechscape. Which is now a worrying topic, what will happen to our members from our clans? Below is a simple layout that you may use.

Will you play Mechscape?

If it's great, would you quit Runescape to play Mechscape?

Do you think it will affect the clan you are currently in?

If most of your members quit your clan to start playing Mechscape what would you do?

Sacred-Green.png

Will you play Mechscape?

Doubt it.

Doubt it.

It's certainly a possibility.

If most of your members quit your clan to start playing Mechscape what would you do?

It depends, I would probably stick around.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Will you play Mechscape?

Nope.

Nope.

Probably.

Cry.

Leader of Nexus

Solace FA

PI6lf.png

http://www.nx-clan.com/

Will you play Mechscape?

Most likely.

I don't think I could ever quit Runescape after all the progress I've made on my account thusfar.

Oh, absolutely, just like any game-shaking update has. But I don't expect it to be very devastating, really.

I don't think this is likely, but most likely we'll rebuild and persevere, much like we always do. We haven't stuck out 3+ years of existence just to fade away because a new game comes out.

hzvjpwS.gif

Will you play Mechscape?

Really highly doubt it.

No.

Really hard to say without it having come out yet but probably not.

Quit runescape+retire from the clan world.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

I would like to see someone post up the more interesting videos. You mention them in your first post, but there are no links. And yes, I have checked youtube; seems it's all fan-made there. Also, from the topic title, I thought it already came out.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

I would like to see someone post up the more interesting videos. You mention them in your first post, but there are no links. And yes, I have checked youtube; seems it's all fan-made there. Also, from the topic title, I thought it already came out.

I also have not seen any videos about Mechscape, I have also checked Mechscape World (I think that's their name) a few weeks back and there was only images and a huge article about everything that's been found about mechscape.

It's coming out in March by the way.

Will you play Mechscape? Yes, of course.

If it's great, would you quit Runescape to play Mechscape? To be honest, no, I have invested way too much time in runescape just to leave it alone.

Do you think it will affect the clan you are currently in? Yes actually, but barely. We've already had some funorb related events, and I believe we might have some mechscape ones also.

If most of your members quit your clan to start playing Mechscape what would you do? Continue with the clan if it's still alive, change clans if not (even though I don't really like being a clan-hopper).

22031_s.gif

Will you play Mechscape?

Yes, I'll check it out.

It depends. I could if it is that much better.

Yes, some members could quit.

Possibly, but I will only truly know when the time is right.

--

I'm mostly worried about a large chunk of RuneScape going off into Mechscape leaving less people to PK and to war.

j0xPu5R.png

• 3 weeks later...

Will you play Mechscape?

Nope.

Not a chance.

Hard to say, but I don't think it will too much, as I have yet to hear a word about it from anyone in my clan.

Start recruiting again.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• 4 weeks later...

Will you play Mechscape? Most likely, just to see if its good.

If it's great, would you quit Runescape to play Mechscape? No, I would play Runescape on weekdays and Mechscape on weekends.

Do you think it will affect the clan you are currently in? Yes, because my clan is very active and if they play Mechscape, then the clan won't be as much as activae from before.

If most of your members quit your clan to start playing Mechscape what would you do? I would still carry on, and help the clan be more succesful.

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Will you play Mechscape?

I'll check it out.

Never! RuneScape is in my blood, quitting RS is like emptying me of blood.

Yes. No talk about it yet but as many other people, people in my clan will try it out too and some may stick to it.

Finally! Less work for me! :P

No really, the clan started with no people once so getting more people won't be that hard.

Will you play Mechscape?

I'll try it out

Maybe

No

Even if they move over to mechscape they won't quit the clan.

pan.png

I wouldn't worry so much about competition really. Aren't there currently hundreds of good online games out there competeting with RS as it is? Just because it comes from Jagex it would make a difference?

I'm sure many RS players will try it out for sure since it's getting so much publicy in RS, in forums, in RS fansites, etc. I probably will just as I have tried out Fun Orb. But I seriously doubt it will make a substantial impact on the popularity of RS.

090831004444.png

Will you play Mechscape? I'll try it out, but don't plan to play it for a long period.

If it's great, would you quit Runescape to play Mechscape? Doubt it, too much time in Runescape.

Do you think it will affect the clan you are currently in? No.

If most of your members quit your clan to start playing Mechscape what would you do? Nothing.

Will you play Mechscape?

50/50

no

not that much

nothing

http://rs-downfall.com Join the Community, if you're already in a clan register and become a clan friend!

Downfall Since September 6, 2008

id play it, maybe a bit more than rs, and try to be the first max out, if they have skills like rs (not same skills, but similar skills system)

will it affect clans? who knows...

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

What you haven't taken into account is the fact that MechScape is aimed at an *entirely* (I use the word loosely) different kind of gamer. It's more of a sci-fi game, whereas RS is much more med-evil orientated. It therefore appeals to different people, so I don't we will see swathes of people abbandoning their clan to join this craze.

I doubt I'll give MechScape a try, one gaming addiction is enough thanks :P

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!