16th February 2009 - Your RuneScape Questions Answered

Mil

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very pleased that the new CEO is taking a lead role in PR. Way back before RS2, it wasn't uncommon to see Andrew and Paul ingame, playing jokes on the active community, goin on IRC on a semi-regular basis and whatnot.

It was the involvement of the Dev team in community relations that helped RS to become what it is today and I'm glad they finally seemed to have realised that a secretive and difficult to contact design and support team isn't the right way to go about keeping your fan/customer base happy.

A big thumbs up from me and fingers crossed this isn't just a means of appeasing the population with promises that won't be kept!

:thumbsup:

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

Sounds very politically correct, hence his rise to fame.

A little sugary in his replies, but so far so good.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

I don't know why you folks are so sour on every single darn thing that happens. It's like you expect him to be perfect and then if he turns out to be perfect (which I highly doubt) you'll criticize him for being too perfect. Just live with what we've got and make the best of things. Talk about wanting him to fail.

The important thing is that he's willing to try to communicate on a regular basis unlike many others. 130 questions answered. When I saw that, I was like "HOLY ****, he was SERIOUS" and I think he's going to make a pretty big effort. And this is just like, the first few days. What's with the "he didn't answer my question" thing? 130 is pretty superhuman already, and I'm surprised he even got that far. We have plenty of time to go through the rest of them and frankly, I'm gonna give him a chance. If he screws up, then we can kick dirt in his face, but until then, it'll help more if we're supportive rather then aiming to dig a bigger hole in this ditch of fail.

Final note.....he likes lighting fires. Score one for the pyros.

8f14270694.jpg

Final note.....he likes lighting fires. Score one for the pyros.

\' \' \' \' Burn Burn Burn the logs

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Q) Kurinin744 - If you didn't work for Jagex, what do you think you would do now?

A) Retire early and play RuneScape and FunOrb all day - watch this space, Zezima :)

:o :o :ohnoes:

^ ^ ^

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Q) Stealthlead - Are you going to increase the drops in PVP? Are you going to add weather to the game? Pest Control: can it give more xp and money?

A) Funnily enough, Andrew and I were talking about adding weather to the game the other day. It's certainly a possibility, but as always there are a number of exciting opportunities that always need to be prioritised.

Q) Mill3nc0lin - As an older player suffer prejudices of the younger player, servers for older players would be good.

A) We agree, we are working on this at the moment.

Q) John Snake - Is there any way to play RuneScape on the ps3, or are there any plans to make a version for that and other systems that would allow you to connect to and play RuneScape on ps3 or other game systems?

A) We are currently looking at consoles, exactly which ones IS unfortunately a secret

Q) Vaskor - Would you consider establishing some kind of "clearance" procedure for fan sites, which fan site owners could apply for and obtain "cleared" status in case their sites are free from cheating, RWT ads or other types of rules breaking behavior?

A) Yes indeed, we have a team looking at this right now and we have already attempted to reach out to a number of well-known fan sites.

Q) Cybernetic21 - What exactly are you going to do to prove this isn't a game aimed at kids?

A) I don't think we need to prove RuneScape isn't for kids, it's very clearly aimed at adults but we also expect some kids may enjoy it. We have already "liberalised" the chat filter, although we expect this can be further improved. We plan to nuke some content that comes across as "kiddie", such as the Stronghold of Security; we plan to create "noob"-free worlds for players with high XP.

Q) Vimescarrot - Did you get the job first, or play the game first? If the game, what made you decide to get a job at Jagex?

A) I heard about the vacancy for a CTO (Chief Technical Officer) at Jagex, but I was also looking at other roles around that time. I tried the game to better understand what Jagex did and was really impressed with the technology and game the more I found out about Jagex like the platform, proprietary in-house tools, languages and systems, the more I was intrigued. I had a 3 hour interview with Andrew which ended up being a being an in-depth IT Security debate and suffice to say I was blown away to learn that Jagexs approach to IT Security was more rigorous than some of the banks I had consulted for or even the lottery systems we had architected. I instantly realised this was an incredible company with so many high calibre staff at the very cutting edge of so many technology fronts - I just simply had to work for Jagex.

There the ones that interested me.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Q) Stealthlead - Are you going to increase the drops in PVP? Are you going to add weather to the game? Pest Control: can it give more xp and money?

A) Funnily enough, Andrew and I were talking about adding weather to the game the other day. It's certainly a possibility, but as always there are a number of exciting opportunities that always need to be prioritised.

Obviously a clue that SAILING is coming :o the direction and strength of the wind will influence the speed of your travels :geek:

Kidding, of course. Just wanted to get that out of the way before the real sailing advocates find it ;)