God Swords? Why just God Swords?

gorgoroth

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Well i was busy ranging aviansies this morning and then suddenly the thought struck me: "Why is there an Armadyl Godsword?" That made me think of the other God Swords. Why are they Swords? Kree'Arra uses ranged attacks as its main weapon, why not have the Armadyl God Bow instead? General Graardor uses a club, so why not have Bandos God Club? For Zamorak and Saradomin i have no idea either. Would it not have been much more fitting if they had made the God Weapons a bit more relative to the Weapons used by the actual Boss?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Because the boss is not a god. The god swords are coming from the gods. If you want a bandos club, it would be general graardor's club, and not bandos' club. And it would be kree'arra's bow, and not armadyl's bow, etc.

Oohhhh i see. Well thats cleared up then. But to be honest, were is the origianallity? Every GS looks the same. Could they not have atleast changed the looks then.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Oohhhh i see. Well thats cleared up then. But to be honest, were is the origianallity? Every GS looks the same. Could they not have atleast changed the looks then.

the blades were made from a race similar to the saradomin boss (Icyenes) who also made the saradomin sword. the corresponding hilts were only made from their perspective races so the it looks identical but each carries different types of specials.

the blades were made from a race similar to the saradomin boss (Icyenes) who also made the saradomin sword. the corresponding hilts were made from their perspective gods so the it looks identical but each carries different types of specials.

Okay i get the differnet specs, but why doenst the Swords themself look all the same? and why on earth do they go from 18mil to 66mil? why not all simmilar prices?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Because jagex tried to make it balanced (i think they are all fairly balanced) but the runescape population is obsessed with high hits and thus, AGS is 67 mill.

And, because many people think of BGS as a weaker version of the AGS, its 18 mill.

Ags is totally worth its price if you ask me. I have never ever regretted buying mine.

the blades were made from a race similar to the saradomin boss (Icyenes) who also made the saradomin sword. the corresponding hilts were made from their perspective gods so the it looks identical but each carries different types of specials.

Okay i get the differnet specs, but why doenst the Swords themself look all the same? and why on earth do they go from 18mil to 66mil? why not all simmilar prices?

First of all, do you mean to ask "Why DO the swords look all the same?" If this was your question...the swords look all the same because they are all the same sword....Every boss and sub-boss in the GWD is capable of dropping godsword shards. There are three of these shards, which are smithed together to make a godsword blade. Then, the bosses drop only the HILT of the sword, meaning that for each boss there is only a different hilt, but the same sword.

Also, the prices vary for multiple reasons. Obviously the ones with less usefull special attacks are going to be cheaper. The AGS is the most expensive because it is the highest hitting single-damage in the game. SGS is slightly below this because it heals HP and Prayer points for free. ZGS is cheaper because its special is not used nearly as widely, but the boss is not as popular because he can hit through prayer and poison you really hard. However he is still easy. But, he is not as easy as the Bandos boss. First of all, bandos has the easiest kill count. Second of all, bandos fights are only hard for one person, the person who has to protect from his melee. The rest of the people just flick on range protection and sit there watching their character swing away...and the BGS is probably the least desireable special attack.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I'm sure AGS is lovely for PVP, but it seems to have limited uses outside it.

And now that i think of it, the bosses do seem to be a bit off set, with some bosses being horridly easier than others, and some requiring pretty insane requirements while others are fairly natural...

O.O

First of all, do you mean to ask "Why DO the swords look all the same?" If this was your question...the swords look all the same because they are all the same sword....Every boss and sub-boss in the GWD is capable of dropping godsword shards. There are three of these shards, which are smithed together to make a godsword blade. Then, the bosses drop only the HILT of the sword, meaning that for each boss there is only a different hilt, but the same sword.

Also, the prices vary for multiple reasons. Obviously the ones with less usefull special attacks are going to be cheaper. The AGS is the most expensive because it is the highest hitting single-damage in the game. SGS is slightly below this because it heals HP and Prayer points for free. ZGS is cheaper because its special is not used nearly as widely, but the boss is not as popular because he can hit through prayer and poison you really hard. However he is still easy. But, he is not as easy as the Bandos boss. First of all, bandos has the easiest kill count. Second of all, bandos fights are only hard for one person, the person who has to protect from his melee. The rest of the people just flick on range protection and sit there watching their character swing away...and the BGS is probably the least desireable special attack.

Your said exactly what I was gonna type GENIUS <3:

calzer101.png

Thanks mods I lost all my record of my 99's GF

The sword is the same. It's the hilts that differ.

I believe the blade was made the Icyene, a (supposedly) long dead race loyal to Saradomin. The Sara boss is one and they were meant to be the original owners of Castle Draken.

Maybe the blade was so powerful each faction deicded to make its own unique hilt.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Look at my Avatar and call them the same. :mrgreen:

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Graardor uses his fists, doesn't he?

GODFIST!

"GRAAAH! I CRUSH YOU PUNY HUMAN!!!"

"Not so fast!"

Schwing, schlop! Schwing, schlop!

"GRAAAH!!! MY HANDS!!!"

Character equips Severed Godfists

"Now I'ma punch ALL your blood out!"

"NOOOOOOO!!!"

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

GODFIST!

He does indeed. Silly me :oops:

Club would have been cool though ::'

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Because the boss is not a god. The god swords are coming from the gods. If you want a bandos club, it would be general graardor's club, and not bandos' club. And it would be kree'arra's bow, and not armadyl's bow, etc.

Zilyana wields the 'Saradomin Sword', not the 'Zilyana Sword'.

TifSig.jpg

GODFIST!

but then theyd be ripping of FFX :o

Rikku's Godhand weapon

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P