Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty WaW?

BonScott

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

MW more realistic?

Its in the future.

WTF IS REALISTIC THERE?

:P

Lol i don't think you've done your homework.

MW is in Modern Day (the present) not the future which means that Activision talked to actual soldiers and had access to real working copies of all the equipment used (for modelling and gameplay accuracy purposes).

Activision also looked at US Marine and SAS training videos and video footage of previous raids/battles.

WaW cannot talk to any soldiers who currently use the WW2 Equipment so less is known about it, more assumptions are made etc. Also Treyarch used afew ancients pieces of WW2 equipment but almost none of it worked so they had to guess how it would fire and be used in combat... and of course no videos of combat.

Besides I was actually avoiding that argument in my original point. I was talking about realism of graphics, but since you brought up Realism as a whole I just thought i'd pop buy and skin you on it.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MW more realistic?

Its in the future.

WTF IS REALISTIC THERE?

MW is in Modern Day (the present) not the future which means that Activision talked to actual soldiers and had access to real working copies of all the equipment used (for modelling and gameplay accuracy purposes).

Activision also looked at US Marine and SAS training videos and video footage of previous raids/battles.

WaW cannot talk to any soldiers who currently use the WW2 Equipment so less is known about it, more assumptions are made etc. Also Treyarch used afew ancients pieces of WW2 equipment but almost none of it worked so they had to guess how it would fire and be used in combat... and of course no videos of combat.

Besides I was actually avoiding that argument in my original point. I was talking about realism of graphics, but since you brought up Realism as a whole I just thought i'd pop buy and skin you on it.

A game set in the past is so much more realistic than one in the present day, obviously...

Are you serious? There are hundreds of thousands of people who are still alive from world war two. And I'd hardly call guns that are still used in modern hunting, collecting, and target shooting ancient. Your whole post reeks of ridiculous fanisms. Not to mention that if Activision was really trying to mimic modern tactics, they did a terrible job. Next to nothing in Modern Warfare would occur (tactic-wise) in the real world.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

MW more realistic?

Its in the future.

WTF IS REALISTIC THERE?

Lol anyway, WaW came out on the wii.

Wii version of WaW is much better - and harder.

You cant jump and shoot someone. Its really hard since your hand controls it.

Modern = todays times...... #-o

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same." - Jonathan Davis

Jesus people dont understand what the :P smiley means.

GODDDD

#-o

I would suggest not exagerrating or making fun of the games while in this thread. People will take you as serious, as they should. Your just causing more trouble than it's worth.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

:wall:

Internet aint only for business yo.

And for all the cod5 sucks cod4 is better fanboys thinking im sticking up for cod5, i do deny its not as good as cod4.

But they're both FPS'.

Not very many FPS' are different.

Halo is much different though.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I thought WaW was a nice change of pace, but tanks kinda ruined the multiplayer. WaW is nice for casual games on the more fun game modes like Ground War, but overall MW provides a more solid online experience.

Call of Duty 4 is much more superior in every aspect.

Basically why I like it better:

- Better weapon selection

- Better map selection

- Storyline wasn't known, so that made it a little mas interesante.

- There WASN'T SO MUCH [cabbage] ON THE GROUND. I CAN ACTUALLY MOVE WITHOUT LOOKING DOWN EVERY 14 SECONDS BECAUSE RUBBLE IS EVERYWHERE.

- No glitches like that of CoD: WaW

About the glitches: I really get the feeling that Treyarch are trying to fix them. They've fixed the elevator glitch and I think a few others, and they seem invested to try and fix what's currently wrong with it.

I remember watching a video of Treyarch testing a lot of WWII guns, and they got a lot in there. There might've been more for all I know. And I think the audio in the game is improved from COD4. I think COD5 was a nice effort, and it's a good casual game.

CoD4 all the way, real maps, guns, and NO TANKS.

CoD5 is so dull and just isn't as fun as CoD4.

lol@ any poor Wii fanboys saying their even worse watered-down version of CoD5 is better because they don't actually know a damn thing about CoD4.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

lol@ any poor Wii fanboys saying their even worse watered-down version of CoD5 is better because they don't actually know a damn thing about CoD4.

I agree with you about the Wii fanboys lmao.....and the no tanks thing.....god i hate tanks -.-

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same." - Jonathan Davis

I play Call of Duty 4. I just dont like playing games back in the WWII era. I dont know why, they just dont catch me.

Me and some friends call WaW "What a Waste"

Lol that is a great thing to call it. "What a Waste"......such bad game compared to modern warfare

I agree with you about the Wii fanboys lmao.....and the no tanks thing.....god i hate tanks -.-

Wii has no tanks. And it still is a very good game for the Wii.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I don't know a thing about COD4? I used to play it a lot at my friends house before I bought a Wii and got WAW, and I honestly like WAW better. Please stop making false generalizations.

I don't know a thing about COD4? I used to play it a lot at my friends house before I bought a Wii and got WAW, and I honestly like WAW better. Please stop making false generalizations.

Generalizations that are in fact true.

Generalizations that are in fact true.

I don't see how it's true that most Wii players don't know anything about COD4. Everyone I know IRL who plays it on a Wii has also played past COD games, including #4. :?

Also, I'd just like to point out, Cod4 is purely fiction, AKA NOT REAL.

Cod:WAW on the other hand is based on true events, so the maps are probably more real than Cod4 =D>

So I suppose Chernobyl and Pripyat don't exist?

I realised that after i made my post, I made an [wagon] of myself didn't I? :(

And I meant story-wise too.

IW went as far as they could with the story, without actually naming what middle eastern country there were in

Apparently it was a conglomerate of all the Middle East. Did you notice that the Middle Eastern map flipped around every battle? It was in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and back in Iran after the BOOM. MADE ME THIS ANGRY.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Apparently it was a conglomerate of all the Middle East. Did you notice that the Middle Eastern map flipped around every battle? It was in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and back in Iran after the BOOM. MADE ME THIS ANGRY.

I suppose so, but still no country names were said during the middle eastern area.