Farming Revolution? Will people actually use allotments now?

Rahila

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a very nice update, i dont really bother with skills and i ususaly just level them to benefit my combat in some way, say requirements for a quest to gain a combat item.

But raising farming to 63 for wgs was very fun i did enjoy myself alot more than any other non combat skill (except slayer). Although, i did get abit annoyed with the whole banking of the harvests and this update might be enough for me to train farming purely out of fun and not a grind fest.

Yay for jagex =D>

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Who cares if you got 99 farming without the update. You can still farm and profit from this update. I got 99 farming with having to bank everything, but I'm just happy I don't have to bank my stuff now.

Agreed i'm only 86 farming I won't use this, I had to do 99 cook without cook all, blah blah blah change happens and it's for the better glad they're making things more convenient!

Agreed.

These are smart updates that should be made...farming should have always been like this, so it's stupid for people with 99 farming to complain about it out of bitterness because it is a smart update by jagex.

Another agreed from a 99 farmer. I don't get why this update should make us moan, at all. Pretty much every 99 farmer continues farming anyhow, so we all profit from the update. It's a nice little extra, but it's not like I feel cheated out of my 99.

Man, this update just had to come just a short while after I spend 3 weeks training to 63 farm for WGS with garden pie. Curse you Jagex!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Now they just need to make mining like fishing and woodcutting.

Look up Zaaps guide to Star Hunting in the Archive of Wisdom. Okay, so those only fall every 2 hours, but better than it being permanent cause that would just be dumb...

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Agreed with all those that say everyone will benefit from this update even those who already are 99 in the skill. I'm also sick of people moaning about changes in the game. The game evolves and unless you have 200 mil xp in a skill, no changes can screw your xp rates. It does not cheapen the skill, it makes it more user-friendly and slightly easier...which is good for everyone. What I see changing is the use of a fruit bat or magpie or even ent during farming tours instead of beasts of burden. Added cash or experience and a better gameplay.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Absolutely fabulous update by jAGeX as it gives me much more incentive to farm allotments other than just because I need Sweetcorn or payments for farmers

[hide=Stats/Goals And Drops]66evilone67.gif

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

3 - Black Mask

3 - Dragon Med Helm---1 - Dragon Boots---1 - Dragon Spear

5 - Granite Maul[/hide]

The title of this thread honestly stinks.

I use alloments...and i am sure tons others does.

It's great EXP.

Obviously tons of others do. But I assure your there is another "ton" of people who didn't, including myself...Mainly because of the fact that it involved alot of dropping fruits or trips to banks

I think this is a great update. I'm probably just reiterating points that people have already mentioned, but I'll give it a go anyway :P

The amount of dropping/banking that people had to do, particularly with allotments was really ridiculous. A someone wisely said, changes happen in RuneScape. People who got 99 cooking before "cook x" were probably frustrated with the change. People who got 99 fletching before "fletch x" were probably frustrated with the change. People who got 99 thieving before Pyramid Plunder were probably frustrated with the change. People who got 99 herblore before "mix x" were probably frustrated with the change. Heck, people who got a 99 before RS2 was released were probably frustrated with the new ease of leveling. RuneScape changes; there's no way that it will stay the same forever and that's something that we'll have to live with. A lot of things will be made easier and yes it can be frustrating if you get 99 in a skill and then a few days later, it's changed to be a lot easier/quicker (I got 99 herblore days before "mix x"), but that's life :P

Yes, things are easier now, but I really don't think it's THAT big of an impact. Now if farming had suddenly been degraded to have the same ease as cooking, people would have a very good reason to complain ;) But this update is more fixing an inconvenience than greatly changing the amount of xp you can gain per hour.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

This is win :thumbup:

Bah! I did not need to know this. This is only going to add to the growing mound of pressure to get my Runescape membership back even though I don't really have the time to play all that much anymore. :evil:

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

hrm. the one by the falador patch doesnt note cabbages. =X

lol that's kinda funny :P

Lol I bet Jagex anticipated people getting thousands of cabbages.

good i need to get my farming up for while guthix sleeps :)

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov