Know any cool, almost-never used English words?

trapical

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used Detrius quite a lot in Science class :wink:

What about....facetious? I think thats a pretty cool word, and I haven't really heard anyone use it (aside from tv). Intended to be humorous but often silly or inappropriate

I use facetious all the time, it's one of the few English words with all 5 vowels in alphabetical order within it.

If you want to find some really cool words, just do some IQ tests, they quite often give some amazing words which you can memorise to use later :P

Rsn: snyper jr

This is one of the few moments where I'm happy a sick depraved psycho robot as my 8th grade teacher.

Seeing as how I'm the only one with so many I think its safe to say most of you didnt have a lady that breaks both of her legs on seperate school days and still never misses a single class, as your teacher...

wow thats insane when you think about it....

remebered anouther.

Ailuraphobia-fear of cats

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - a type of lung disease.

0wned. 8)

You found that by hitting google and typing in "the longest word in the english language" :D

I found one much longer that meant tobacco in scientific terms once, but I am unable to locate it now :(

I guess it's used more in writing but the word aforementioned is hardly ever used when speaking to someone. It's kinda like saying I just said that kinda thing or it was already mentioned.

I used aforementioned in a debate the other day. Won it too.

I know of a word that means : An embassador with the full power to negotiate and conduct bussness with anouther nation" but I can't remember what it is.. I found it on a list of most difficult to translate english words.

0wned. 8)

You found that by hitting google and typing in "the longest word in the english language" :D

I found one much longer that meant tobacco in scientific terms once, but I am unable to locate it now :(

Thsiisthelongestwordbecauseithasthemostlettersinit.

self explanatory i would say

0wned. 8)

Looks kind of like a sentence with no spaces to me. Either grammar has dramatically changed or I'm missing that very subtle sarcasm.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

0wned. 8)

Looks kind of like a sentence with no spaces to me. Either grammar has dramatically changed or I'm missing that very subtle sarcasm.

Im sure grammer has dramatically changed. :wink:

lope6jw0.jpg

The absolute best word ever if you want a reaction is [racist term]dly: Just because everyone is a closet racist, and because of that they are so afraid of any type of racist language so they hear the word and start assuming...[/b]

• 4 weeks later...

i have a friend that uses big words habitually to mamke others feel stupid, and I have to admit, it works....

Fun word i learned in the 4th grade

Snollygoster :lol:

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

Vapid - Dull

I heard it on Arthur. :lol:

we'll assume you have a younger brother or somethin that wanted you to watch Arthur with him..... :P

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png