"End Game" Gear

casthewiz

we need to sort hp out first, really no need for more damage from melee for the moment.

Lets have armour that boosts hp then :thumbup:

Not a bad idea at all.

I might be dumb , but isnt it -x% damage and +hp the same* (the -x% damage is better (I will tell my pov later) ).

- with -x% damage , they dont need to touch the level cap (-x% are the ESS I DSS)

- a lobster can heal more % when you are wearing -x% damage equipment then +hp equipment (for example 12/99 is more then 12/120 ...)

- they already have such items , so I supose it will be a lot easyer to make similiar equipment .. (but they already have hp boosting items , so scratch that ..)

etc etc.

*you have 99 hp now. If you use the DSS and they hit you with 99 you will take ~69 damage (or ~70% of your health).

If they implement +42 HP shield you will have 141 HP. If they hit you with 99 you will have 42 hp (again you will be left with ~30% of your total hp)

so what is the point to make something different with the same effect (and I doubt they will make something that boosts 40+% ...), when the current one is better (the food + x% is better then food + hp boost)

"end game" equipment would be nice, tbh. It would be fun to see maxed accounts duke it out with that stuff, or even as low levels with a maxed stat (99 att, str, or def) to be able to aquire that or get it somehow.

Skillcapes are nice, but still, it would be nice to have EPic-Uber armour, or weapons, especially as im nearing 99 defence :)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

There are already ways to push your hp up from 99 the hp skill cape brings it to 100 and hp pool raises it to 111. Not sure if you can do both and get 112 i know the defense cape didnt stack on top of super defense pot..... I see nothing wrong super high items being tradable it sucks that a few greedy people are able to keep that type of item off the market but thats what can happen in a semi-free economy. #-o But he other side of it is that those that are able to get the item can sell it and make money.

I agree that end game gear stuff would have to be untradable or it would get merchanted to crazy prices. It also gives people with maxed out stats something that extra bit special to work towards which they cant just buy.

edit:

If you look at WoW then its what keeps people atracted to the game partly gaining the best gear possible which is untradable.

painy_1.png

I agree that end game gear stuff would have to be untradable or it would get merchanted to crazy prices. It also gives people with maxed out stats something that extra bit special to work towards which they cant just buy.

I dunno, part of the dynamic of RuneScape is the ability to trade your gear, and I'd hate to see that removed from gear because of its level requirements. I personally see no harm in being able to trade lvl 90 super-rare items, chances are that I wouldn't do it myself but if someone else wanted to turn a near impossible to get drop into a possible to get (over a lot of time) stash of coins then so be it. No harm, no foul, and it keeps things consistant.

Plus it would avoid the situation where someone who got the gear and decided they didn't want it (yes, I know that's a bit daft but some people are like that) I'd rather see it up for trade than just ditched to make space in the bank. Plus if it was part of a set then having the option would make completion possible, and add in a nice 'Do i keep the uber rare on the hope of getting the rest or go for the certainty of cash now' dynamic to the whole thing.

btw - with regards to the matter of wanting 'end game' items we already have them, it's just that they get steadily replaced with new ones every couple of months. No different to games like WoW imo, its just that it happens more often.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

There already is, haven't you heard of skill capes?

I think that it is a very good reward to give those who have completed a certain part of the game a special item, like the skill cape, as a proof of their achievement.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I think that it is a very good reward to give those who have completed a certain part of the game a special item, like the skill cape, as a proof of their achievement.

Yes, but a skill cape isn't going to help that much in defeating a monster, only a trimmed cape has a nice prayer bonus but that's it. Although those super high leveled weapons, I'm not very sure about it. Dark bow for example and void is already so overpowered for pjing and dragon claws or armadyl godsword... What do you want more? Maybe only for boss hunting?

Yes, but a skill cape isn't going to help that much in defeating a monster, only a trimmed cape has a nice prayer bonus but that's it. Although those super high leveled weapons, I'm not very sure about it. Dark bow for example and void is already so overpowered for pjing and dragon claws or armadyl godsword... What do you want more? Maybe only for boss hunting?

*cough* mage update *cough*

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

*cough* mage update *cough*

Magic isn't weak. It's just prohibitively expensive. I guarantee you that if runes were free, magic would be considered overpowered.

As for "End Game" gear, the spirit shields require the equivalent of level 82 to wield (75 in def and 75 in prayer add up to about the same experience as 82). Elysian and Divine are the most expensive non-discontinued items in the whole game, and they're pretty damn powerful. I think they fit the description of what you're looking for pretty well, as do the Godswords.

Probably the most fertile area for Jagex to explore in new armor is damage reduction rather than evasion. For example, an obvious place to go would be to make some sort of shield that reduces all the damage you take by 1.

runescape is supposed to be a game without a clear end..."end-game" equipment would defeat the whole purpose...but high level armor and weapons would be a good idea...especially ones for level 99 or maybe even a certain combat level?

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

The thing I find incredibly baffling is that people find untradeable rares "fair", yet extremely high level armor for level 99 skill players is unfair, although it requires hard work and effort and is earned, UNLIKE untradeable rares (and to some extent tradeable ones) which fit NONE of these categories.

Although I don't enjoy replying to posts that hijack other peoples thread, those of us that are talking with you in your thread don't believe in that at all, it's actually generally those that think that phats and other rares are unfair.

On topic, I wish that runescape had untradeable sets of gear similar to World of Warcraft. However, runescape would have a hard time adjusting to the raid setting that warcraft has, considering that each class has different types of armor that are useful to them.

They could, however, make general pieces of armor such as "Awesome Gloves 1" that you could trade in for equivalent gloves that help either melee, range, or mage. And if you get the entire set of that, you get a slight bonus in armor or skill.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I agree on some type of armor that can be sought after only with maxed stats. It would give a boost to the economy for a while for everyone training more intensely towards 99's (almost like skill capes...no wait, exactly like them). Untradable items are more likely, I would think. There are enough overly expensive items on the market and we certainly don't need more of them.

I also support ideas towards the possibility of item upgrades (the infamous "+1" and all that). But that's not part of the discussion topic, so.... :P

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

One of the problems with a droped end game armor would be its rarity factor. for instance, my little brother has killed over 10k blacks, steels, and irons with no visage. It is theoretically possible that a player can max out at the 200m in a skill and still not get the drop. Also what would you give to fishing? the uber stabber which can catch 6 sharks in 1 throw? :-P

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

They should make equipment where their difficulty of obtaining is matched with their usefulness. They should be untradeable too. I've been thinking about something along these lines: There is a dungeon for each skill. You can only enter that dungeon while wearing the skill cape. After completing that dungeon, you're awarded with an item relevant to the skill. For example, the 99 Attack Dungeon will reward you with an extremely accurate sword.

If good armour is tradable, that mean you can buy it and sell it. Being able to buy it takes some of the worth out of it, but not being able to sell it takes some reward out of getting it. So maybe a good approach is something similar to a dfs, where you could buy part of it, then do something cool to charge it. Something a bit more difficult then being dragonfired 50 times, but thats the best example I could come up with.

Though, with new equipment, you can't just do the normal "just make the numbers bigger" tactic. If new, stronger items are to be released, they need to be differently stronger, and not just make damage bigger. What if there was a new sword that say, damaged your opponents ability to eat food or something. So if you hit them enough, sharks heal 15 instead of 20. (ya thats a lame idea, but w/e)

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Yes, that's right, but they're still end game equipment. They're not like the armour and weapons in that other game, but the skill capes are sought after and makes a lot of people work harder to reach level 99.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak