Iron Drags..??

stlboy07

So I got Iron drags as a task and I have never done them before... but I was wondering if it would be better for me to use

a) Slayer Mask

B) Verac's Helmet

c) Helmet of Nezt

also perhaps give me an idea of other equipment and inventory.. a picture if available would be nice

IMD_STL.png

slayer mask

initiate plate and legs.

whip

r.o.w

legends cape

rfd gloves

d boots

dfs/anti-dfs

fury/glory.

10p pots

super str and att pot.

4 antifire pots.

tele out

4sharks.

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

Do you have a magical something called common sense?

Of course it's worth the lower defence. You won't be taking hits at all.

slayer mask

initiate plate and legs.

whip

r.o.w

legends cape

rfd gloves

d boots

dfs/anti-dfs

fury/glory.

10p pots

super str and att pot.

4 antifire pots.

tele out

4sharks.

4 sharks is way overkill; you might take some damage while getting there but the natural hitpoint generation covers that easily. And zammy brews>super attack. Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to take alch sets?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Slayer helm/black mask if on task, Neitz if you're not.Proselyte plate and legs would be much better due to them having a higher prayer bonus. Maybe a Beast of Burden to hold extra bones when the task is done with.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

So I got Iron drags as a task and I have never done them before... but I was wondering if it would be better for me to use

a) Slayer Mask

B) Verac's Helmet

c) Helmet of Nezt

also perhaps give me an idea of other equipment and inventory.. a picture if available would be nice

Add d)

d) Skip them!

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

why use initiate? You're sacraficing good melee stats for something that isn't that good.

Use veracs instead (when i went to bronze drags i used veracs, black mask, and the invent people had suggested above, and whilst i was figuring everything to have out, i bought the initiate set, and found that my verac set up had +12 prayer, and that my initiate set also had +12 prayer) as it gives same prayer bonus.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

For a task of 50 iron dragons, i used full proselyte with whip, slayer mask, dragon boots, barrows gloves and ring of wealth.

In my inventory i have 4 anti fire pots, 2 pure sets cash, one click teleport, axe and prayer potions, ill use about 8 or 9 prayer potions if that before my task is complete. But thats by picking up valuable drops.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

why use initiate? You're sacraficing good melee stats for something that isn't that good.

Use veracs instead (when i went to bronze drags i used veracs, black mask, and the invent people had suggested above, and whilst i was figuring everything to have out, i bought the initiate set, and found that my verac set up had +12 prayer, and that my initiate set also had +12 prayer) as it gives same prayer bonus.

nope it doesnt give the same prayer bonus.. just check the item database of tip.it

prosy gives more prayer bonus but the difference between prosy legs and verac is only +1, so verac legs is definitly worth it unless your praying the whole time..

]Gonalo40.png

slayer mask

initiate plate and legs.

whip

r.o.w

legends cape

rfd gloves

d boots

dfs/anti-dfs

fury/glory.

10p pots

super str and att pot.

4 antifire pots.

tele out

4sharks.

Replace;

legends with god cape.

4 sharks with 1 monk

super attacks with zammy brews (2 or 3 pots 4 dose) and about 3/4 the amount of zammy brews with super strengths (they drop a lot of super strengths)

Add

Holy wrench

Nature and fire runes

Coins for entrance

An axe

A super energy

A BoB pouch

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I use a BOB at the beginning of the task to make inventory juggling easier. You can recharge summoning there to take out bones at the end of the task.

That said - now on my ban list. Rubbish slayer experience!

Teatonev.png

Teatonev.png

slayer mask

initiate plate and legs.

whip

r.o.w

legends cape

rfd gloves

d boots

dfs/anti-dfs

fury/glory.

10p pots

super str and att pot.

4 antifire pots.

tele out

4sharks.

Replace;

legends with god cape.

4 sharks with 1 monk

super attacks with zammy brews (2 or 3 pots 4 dose) and about 3/4 the amount of zammy brews with super strengths (they drop a lot of super strengths)

Add

Holy wrench

Nature and fire runes

Coins for entrance

An axe

A super energy

A BoB pouch

God cloak, not cape ;)

quit

(Don't comment if you don't know? ok?)

This is a worthless, as was stated above, def is not needed, set can't be used, and you wear it out. Use prossy/init/monk robes.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I usually bring 2 antifires and 3 pray pots for a task of 60 :?

What do you wear? Cuz i just finished a task of 44 and used 9 prayer pots and 3 antifires. I did how ever piety for almost 11 dragons. But if i didn't i still would need more then 3 pray pots...

Edit: I went and looked and thought about it. I was using the Whip on deflect as i want def exp. Also Since you're 99 str compared to my 81, you might be able to get kills faster then i am able to. But i still don't see hwo you get away with only 3 pray pots.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I usually bring 2 antifires and 3 pray pots for a task of 60 :?

What do you wear? Cuz i just finished a task of 44 and used 9 prayer pots and 3 antifires. I did how ever piety for almost 11 dragons. But if i didn't i still would need more then 3 pray pots...

Edit: I went and looked and thought about it. I was using the Whip on deflect as i want def exp. Also Since you're 99 str compared to my 81, you might be able to get kills faster then i am able to. But i still don't see hwo you get away with only 3 pray pots.

I could finish a 60 Iron Dragon task with 3 Antifires 0 Prayer potions and 3 Zamorak Brews...

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.