17-year old kills 16 people in Germany (13 in a school)

OldJoe

Pic of the guy - http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/2009/03/11 ... enden.html

English version - http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/03 ... index.html

" Tim Kretschmer, 17, began his rampage at a school where he used to be a student in Winnenden, a small town about 20 kilometers (12 miles) northeast of Stuttgart, said KIoeller, of the police in the nearby town of Waiblingen.

"The suspect broke into the school. He went into the classroom and shot wildly around himself and left the building and fled on foot," Hans Ulrich Stuiber, another police spokesman, said.

Three teachers and 10 students were killed at the Albertville-Realschule Winnenden school, Kloeller said. The shooting, which began around 9:45 a.m. (4:45 a.m. EDT), lasted about two minutes, police said. Kretschmer fired shots into three classrooms, Kloeller said.

On his way out of the school, the gunman killed a person who was working in a hospital nearby, then hijacked a car, taking the driver hostage.

He drove to the nearby town of Wendlingen, where he let the driver go, Kloeller said. The driver alerted the police. Video More about the gunman's deadly route »

Kretschmer was spotted by police in Wendlingen at around 12:20 p.m. (7:20 a.m. EDT) and shot two of them, injuring them. He then killed two more people before being killed himself in a shootout with police, authorities said."

Seven people were also injured.

---

I know you guys dislike news topics, but i thought this is quite important.

I'm surprised, yet not. I really don't know what to say... I guess i'm just chocked and it's hard to grasp this. I really can't understand why these young people do this... Just the last 10 years, there's been several of these event... I really don't know why this is getting so "popular"...

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Horrible stuff. Seems it's always your stereotype outcast that does this kind of thing. Think they are sick of not being noticed and don't have the social skills to get along with other people so get angry at the world. It's so sad. I can't imagine how the families are feeling right now. :(

iteme3721.jpg

Another kid who wanted to go down in a blaze of infamy?

It's scary that this sort of thing isn't just a unique occurrence. There's definitely a problem that needs fixed.

It's scary that this sort of thing isn't just a unique occurrence. There's definitely a problem that needs fixed.

Armed security guards would help. Though people would [bleep] about the country becoming a police state.

They want protection, but they don't want weapons. It's one or the other, you can't have both.

Why would anyone do this ?

10 minutes of fame ?

People who do this, in my opinion are mentally ill, and should be treated as such.

School kids, sheesh.

Regarding the article, is there any information concerning why he did it ?

10 minutes of fame ?

People who do this, in my opinion are mentally ill, and should be treated as such.

School kids, sheesh.

Well, I heard a lot of motives for some shootings were inspired to "outdo Harris and Klebloid." :|

But, considering this didn't happen in the US, I doubt that. Though, it's still a possibility that was the motive.

I hope there isn't a guy on 4chan who said he wanted to do this. :|

But in all seriousness, I'm not really concerned. This is like, the only school shooting I've ever heared from Germany.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Armed security guards would help. Though people would [bleep] about the country becoming a police state.

They want protection, but they don't want weapons. It's one or the other, you can't have both.

I meant something should be done to prevent kids from even wanting to do this in the first place. In situations like these, usually more than just the kid is to blame. It could just as easily come down to the peers if they were bullying him, or the teachers and parents if they weren't taking proper action. We need a change here. I think most of our modern anti-bullying "techniques" are somewhat counterproductive. If you tell an adult, you'll just get picked on for being a tattletale.

I meant something should be done to prevent kids from even wanting to do this in the first place. In situations like these, usually more than just the kid is to blame. It could just as easily come down to the peers if they were bullying him, or the teachers and parents if they weren't taking proper action. We need a change here. I think most of our modern anti-bullying "techniques" are somewhat counterproductive. If you tell an adult, you'll just get picked on for being a tattletale.

Well, on the subject of tattling, it's just a lose-lose.

You don't tattle, you get bullied more.

You do tattle, the bully gets a short suspension or something, then continues to pick on you more for tattling.

Not much you can do.

I do think there are better techniques. For one - sticking up for yourself (but not looking like a doofus at the same time) seems to be obviously and brilliantly effective. Of course this doesn't come easily for many, and school administration cannot say this due to fear of parents suing. :P

Still, sticking up for yourself can have downsides.

It can result in a fight, which, in turn can get you suspended yourself, if it's a word-against-word accusation.

Kid A says Kid B bullied him, Kid B denies it. No proof that Kid B ever bullied Kid A.

So it's word-against-word, in that case. :?

Although, it can work. Most of the time I just say something witty that the bully doesn't understand, people go "wtf" and walk away. Or laugh.

Maybe someone hacked his Runescape Points and Powers? :wall:

It's pathetic teenagers are looking to use such drastic mesurements to justify their own cause. To kill INNOCENT people to prove a point? I'd make sure he was alive, and torture the little [cabbage]. I honestly cannot stand such stupid teens.

Bullying, theres no way of stopping it, even with these attacks, fight clubs etc school kids are beating and killing each other more and more because of it, and the Teachers 90% response is "Its to tuffen them up". NO, Thats what a Sporting Club or prison is for, Schools are supposed to be safe. [throws brick at teacher]

Popoto.~<3

Hate news stories. Always want to know the whole story.... maybe I should do some more law :?

It would be so much more interesting if you had a run down on their life, feelings, friends, conflicts, difficulties, upbringing.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I heard on the news all bar one of the people he killed in the school were female, good clue to his motive...

The ones in America don't effect me much, but this one is so close to home, althought i'm a few countries away, it's the same kind of society in Germany as here in the Uk basically, kind of makes me glad i'm not still in school, we definately had some people who seemed mentally unstable where i was.

What i'm wondering is how did the plice let 2 people get killed in the crossfire before he was killed. I know it was a small town, but it's near a major German city, i would have thought they would contain the area much better.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

10 minutes of fame ?

School kids, sheesh.

I think you mean 2 minutes of fame.

Wtf is with all of these problem people?

Really, school shootings are starting to reach the level that we'll think it an everyday occurrence.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

This is why I'm nice to people.

If one of the emos in my school bring a gun one day, I cam remind them that I was nice to them.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Hate news stories. Always want to know the whole story.... maybe I should do some more law :?

It would be so much more interesting if you had a run down on their life, feelings, friends, conflicts, difficulties, upbringing.

Though I doubt anyone would want to actually give someone who did something like this such positive encouragement as writing a biography of that person.

Most of the people who do this kind of stuff are all the same, anyways. They were social outcasts who probably were bullied through school, they had uncaring parents and/or lived in a dysfunctional family.

Just a whole bunch of negative factors that end up culminating into a severe mental illness and a desire to "get back" at the people who they percieved as wronging them in some way.

This is why I'm nice to people.

If one of the emos in my school bring a gun one day, I cam remind them that I was nice to them.

Shooters generally don't pick and choose though. Maybe the class they go into, but once in there they just fire into the mass. You could try reasoning with them, but most likely you'd just end up dieing like a coward.

Personally I'd just try to beat the [cabbage] out of them with a chair or something. If I'm going to die anyways might as well go down fighting.

EDIT: Added some more useless details.