High ranking players not as "nerdy" as we think?

FirenLazah

Erm.. I hate that goddamn stereotype lol.

Hell, I am 132 comby with 2150 total (ish) and I guess I am a slight nerd.

I know all the 4chan meme's, I used to play on Runescape a hell of a lot. I am into computers.

However, I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, can bench 80kg+, can run a mile in approx 10 mins, Have a 650cc motorbike that I take daredevil risks on. Go out at weekends and get hammered, get laid quite frequently.

However I still play Runescape, even though I would never admit it to real life friends. I am at current taking a break due to upcoming Uni exams (which are gonna own me), yet I still watch the Runescape market.

How do you know someone like Zezima doesn't do something like Muay Thai in his spare time, and could floor the hell outta you :D.

if53pv.png

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the players are just better at gaining more experience in a shorter amount of time.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

In my opinion people who do things like go do drugs or go to drinking parties during their free time are the ones who really should be picked on.

Disagree, mainly because thats how I spend my weekends :thumbdown:

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

If you define someone as a nerd if they like video games, and spend a lot of their spare time doing that... then sure most high levels, myself included, are nerds.

However... TONS of people love playing video games to some degree, and the majority of high level people are no worse than some of the low levels.

And as Zarfot showed us... intelligence and planning goes a long way. If you're good at calculating what you need to do, finding the best balance between money and speed, coming up with new training techniques, etc, you can be very succesful.

My brother thinks that im a noob cos im tryin to get 99 wc

he thinks that wc boring but i find it alrite it aint that bad

he jst isnt patient enough 2bh loooll x

xxamzyxx.png

952a0f472b.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

My brother thinks that im a noob cos im tryin to get 99 wc

he thinks that wc boring but i find it alrite it aint that bad

he jst isnt patient enough 2bh loooll x

lmao did you even read the topic

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

When you think about it, it might not be because they spend far too much time on Runescape, but because they've been a Runescaper for a long time meaning they have got many skills to maximum or many skills to 99, thats my opinion anyway ::'

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I know all the 4chan meme's, I used to play on Runescape a hell of a lot. I am into computers.

However, I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, can bench 80kg+, can run a mile in approx 10 mins, Have a 650cc motorbike that I take daredevil risks on. Go out at weekends and get hammered, get laid quite frequently.

However I still play Runescape, even though I would never admit it to real life friends. I am at current taking a break due to upcoming Uni exams (which are gonna own me), yet I still watch the Runescape market.

How do you know someone like Zezima doesn't do something like Muay Thai in his spare time, and could floor the hell outta you :D.

Zezima doesnt have any "spare time"

Zezima doesnt have any "spare time"

It's not like he's online 24/7 =/

Muay Thai sounds interesting though

In my opinion people who do things like go do drugs or go to drinking parties during their free time are the ones who really should be picked on.

This is why you are a nerd :oops:

So, er, not taking drugs is nerdy? To be "cool" we have to take drugs?

I'd rather be a nerd thanks

:wall:

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

Since when does going to college and NOT living in your mom's basement automatically make you not nerdy. You can have a job, but if you spend that much of your free time playing a game, any game, you are nerdy.

No, it's the fact that you think that they're the ones that should be picked on and how you said it that makes you nerdy.

smallsigr.jpg

Since when does going to college and NOT living in your mom's basement automatically make you not nerdy. You can have a job, but if you spend that much of your free time playing a game, any game, you are nerdy.

No, it's the fact that you think that they're the ones that should be picked on and how you said it that makes you nerdy.

People who have to use mind-altering substances to "have a good time" DESERVE to be picked on.

td2sig.jpg

Being X makes you Y arguments are fallacies. How you can characterize a person by only knowing the fact that he or she spends a lot of time on a game is beyond me.

People who have to use mind-altering substances to "have a good time" DESERVE to be picked on.

Why? I get drunk sometimes, should I be picked on? In that case, should half of the world be picked on? Not everyone who uses mind-altering substances is automatically a drug addict or whatever.

Nerdy or not nerdy... it's all just generalizing people, trying to fit them in some sort of profile. I'd rather take a look at one's individual characteristics, and not judge till I know someone.

Being X makes you Y arguments are fallacies. How you can characterize a person by only knowing the fact that he or she spends a lot of time on a game is beyond me.

Why? I get drunk sometimes, should I be picked on? In that case, should half of the world be picked on? Not everyone who uses mind-altering substances is automatically a drug addict or whatever.

Nerdy or not nerdy... it's all just generalizing people, trying to fit them in some sort of profile. I'd rather take a look at one's individual characteristics, and not judge till I know someone.

If we take the statement "It takes a lot of hours of playing to get high levels in runescape" as a fact, which most would agree it is, then that would obvioulsy mean that people who have high levels play alot. To me anyone who plays that much, to get what I consider a very high level, is either immature or nerdy just for the fact that they spend that much of their free time on it, regardless if they have a job, have their own house, go to college, or are millionaires. All these things do not exclude you from being nerdy because you could still spend a lot of time playing videogames and still have sucess in life.

smallsigr.jpg