Pray-X....GF Prayer Cape

rhupajiva

When I got 99 prayer I got 250k/hour and I was being lazy (also, no mouse keys). There is no question you could get much better, as zarfot proved in his ridiculous prayer video. Prayer has been made slower and more expensive, but with less clicking. The amount of clicking required was never what made it impressive to me, so I don't feel the achievement has been worsened at all (in fact, it's become more difficult in my opinion - I'm glad I have it already).

99 prayer most definitely did not give carpal tunnel in any way, shape, or form though.

I wasn't saying it was and I really hope people don't start with the "bla bla I did this I don't have it"

But everybody know what causes carpel tunnel, and all the repetitive motions done in RS definitely contribute to this. I guarantee that is one of the factors in why they add "x" options to skills, they aren't always trying to make the game easier, they also have your health in mind.

I was just adding that point in there, as I haven't played RS in like two-three years.

user1-dark.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are all complaining about the chance of less sore wrists and carpal tunnel

did you even think about the f2pers who have 99pray...869k clicks for 99pray + banking (and it cost 300mil mind you) and for p2p it takes 52k dragon bones + running/teleing to house (113m) therefore zarfot accomplished less clicks than a f2per...congratz (its 793.6k d bones) (hes still a beast though)

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

I'm sorry. So you are saying you LIKE having Carpal Tunnels?

No, people like me are just pissed that we broke our wrists maxing out clickable skills just to get that removed.

I still have finger problems since maxing fletching over 2 years ago :evil: .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I'm sorry. So you are saying you LIKE having Carpal Tunnels?

No, people like me are just pissed that we broke our wrists maxing out clickable skills just to get that removed.

I still have finger problems since maxing fletching over 2 years ago :evil: .

If you really do, I laugh with you.

my last post was somehow deleted. probably some stupid mod done it.

i'm a little confused with the update. pray X makes it easier for some people because it removes the clicking but the speed is reduced so its slower then training it manually.

so, why are the bones increasing?

i'm a little confused with the update. pray X makes it easier for some people because it removes the clicking but the speed is reduced so its slower then training it manually.

Hoarding.

Someone who already has 99 prayer, and wants the skill to still be respectful, can actually be happy, OR very mad:

1) happy: it's been made 2x as slow, if you were skilled before

2) very angry: it doesn't kill your wrist anymore and can be semi-afk'ed.

I'm surprised they made such an easy skill as prayer more easy. What they need to do is make harder skills a little more useful. Also, many of the older skills need a complete overhaul and new additions, such as mining. Mining hasn't had a major update in as long as I can remember.

I'm surprised they made such an easy skill as prayer more easy. What they need to do is make harder skills a little more useful. Also, many of the older skills need a complete overhaul and new additions, such as mining. Mining hasn't had a major update in as long as I can remember.

Shooting stars were a fantastic update (although I forget exactly when they were implemented)

Lanthode.png

They did what?!

I'm pretty happy I got 70 already then, and I'm not going for 99 anytime soon so I'm not really affected. But I can see how some people could get extremely annoyed.

Zarfot proved that over 600k XP\h was possible in his video, so I guess from that viewpoint it has been severely nerfed down to 220-230k XP.

That being said, I'm typing this while I offer bones, and I doubt even Zarfot could manage that while getting 600k XP\h. I like it, RSI is a major problem :thumbsup:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Because people prefer skills they can train while multitasking.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Elaborate on the "why" please. I don't see what's wrong with it. It isn't faster, it just removes the clicking frenzy.

Its removing the "hard" part of prayer.....I HATED training prayer....This made the achievement of getting a level far more satisfying....Once I get 96 summoning (got it banked), I will be able to afk train prayer....

I disagree. The "hard" part of training prayer has always been, and is still, earning the 100m+. The excessive clicking was extremely tedious though, and left my wrist cramped. But I still think that making the money to afford 99 prayer was harder.

I'm glad for the update. I got to 91 prayer without "burn x" and the clicking drove me crazy. I don't even remember 99 fletching begin that hard (without "fletch x").

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Elaborate on the "why" please. I don't see what's wrong with it. It isn't faster, it just removes the clicking frenzy.

Its removing the "hard" part of prayer.....I HATED training prayer....This made the achievement of getting a level far more satisfying....Once I get 96 summoning (got it banked), I will be able to afk train prayer....

I disagree. The "hard" part of training prayer has always been, and is still, earning the 100m+. The excessive clicking was extremely tedious though, and left my wrist cramped. But I still think that making the money to afford 99 prayer was harder.

I'm glad for the update. I got to 91 prayer without "burn x" and the clicking drove me crazy. I don't even remember 99 fletching begin that hard (without "fletch x").

its not quite 100m, more like 80. but point agreed.

also, why cant jagex add an option:

do x - on/off

so those who like doing it manually, can. but those who dont want carpal tunnel can use the x

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

This disappoints me I just spent the last couple months killing my wrist to get 99 prayer asking why is there not a prayer-x and like a week after I get 99 prayer this happens. That is just bad luck. :evil:

All skills 80+

I think that I just found the reason for this. If you look at the poll from March 4, one of the questions is

"In your opinion, which of the following skills would be the most difficult to get to level 99?"

The winner was prayer.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I think that I just found the reason for this. If you look at the poll from March 4, one of the questions is

"In your opinion, which of the following skills would be the most difficult to get to level 99?"

The winner was prayer.

Yeah that may be true, but what if the winner was agility, slayer, farming and or even RUNECRAFT..!?!?! imagine what it could have done..maybe to many noob members choosing something expensive and assuming its a hard 99.. pfft.

calzer101.png

Thanks mods I lost all my record of my 99's GF

The winner was prayer.

Yeah that may be true, but what if the winner was agility, slayer, farming and or even RUNECRAFT..!?!?! imagine what it could have done..maybe to many noob members choosing something expensive and assuming its a hard 99.. pfft.

Well, Jagex wouldn't have introduced an [action]-x for those skills. Those skills are entirely different in training so it does not apply.

Also, I doubt the pray-x feature was based on the poll. Jagex policy in the last few years has been to remove the notorious grinding, as can be seen in cook-x and fletch-x, etc. Pray-x was a logical next step.