Hopping Down Bunny Lane... Again

Ravenkana

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How else could you do it without focusing too much on religion?

I had no Idea Easter was Religious until I was like 13.

Quite honestly... that makes me want to cry.

On Topic: I hadn't thought about rewards, but how about a wield able carrot? Operating with it causes you to lean against the air, nibble on it, and say: "Neh... What's up general medical practitioner?"

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Tbh, no easter event reward can outclass the easter ring, I love mine. If we get something as good as that I'll be happy.

Rubber Chicken > Ring

Jamje.png

null and void

On Topic: I hadn't thought about rewards, but how about a wield able carrot? Operating with it causes you to lean against the air, nibble on it, and say: "Neh... What's up general medical practitioner?"

I'd just use the actual line TBH (unless it's copyrighted or something (if it's even possible to copyright a line like that)). "General medical practitioner" just completely fails in comparison to "doc."

Tbh, no easter event reward can outclass the easter ring, I love mine. If we get something as good as that I'll be happy.

Rubber Chicken > Ring

Rubber Chicken > all holiday event rewards (and, yes, that does include the tradable ones)

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

No no no, the Easter bunny can't do anything right! I want him to mess up this year too :D Or I'll be mad :evil:

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Why?

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

bunny ears are still coolest reward from all holiday items.

i would like either bunny tail (or even full suit) or that easter ring that changes you to bunny when using it (like you was changed when you did easte event before)

Why?

Ignorance. It's sad that, considering Christianity is at least in the top three world religions, he did not know what Easter meant until he was 13. It's, quite frankly, mind boggling. Everyone should know the reason behind every major holiday in the country in which they live regardless of whether or not you approve, believe, or like it. Just my two coppers.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I hate holiday events. They need to delete them, and all the previous rewards - or just make a shop that sells 'em. Or make a holiday plane which allows you to play all the events any time of the year.

"Holiday events" need to be completely re-engineered, they have been problems from the start.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I hate holiday events. They need to delete them, and all the previous rewards - or just make a shop that sells 'em. Or make a holiday plane which allows you to play all the events any time of the year.

"Holiday events" need to be completely re-engineered, they have been problems from the start.

Shush you! We're talking about Easter rewards and scenario, not holidays. Contribute or take your bitterness to your own thread!

Shush you! We're talking about Easter rewards and scenario, not holidays. Contribute or take your bitterness to your own thread!

I am also talking about the scenario and rewards. Scenario: have no event. Rewards: more time to do useful things in RuneScape. You can eat chocolate in real life instead, and get ill, while I eat a delicious dinner of Russian cabbage soup or whatever else I eat the rest of the 364 days of the year, and feel fine afterward.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

The guy above me, no one said you have to do them? Runescape is for fun, holiday event's are fun to people. When you're f2p holiday event's are somehting to do. P2p you would kick yourslef when ever you look in your holiday chest and see one missing *cries when I see zombie head spot*

I think we will have to do something for some regular bunny, than a quest involving him. And he will stay around south of fally till the 2 weeks is up than off to X place for p2p. But rest asured the reward will be bad.

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

I think we will have to do something for some regular bunny, than a quest involving him. And he will stay around south of fally till the 2 weeks is up than off to X place for p2p. But rest asured the reward will be bad.

Oof, forgot about the quest. I have no clue how they're going to do that without using the Bunny again. Unless it has more to do with rebirth or birth...

I remember the thread talking about last April's event was one of the first threads I read on tif :P I actually thought the concept was kind of clever. But I do want a unique item like the rubber chicken and the ring.

wl7w9j.png

The guy above me, no one said you have to do them? Runescape is for fun, holiday event's are fun to people. When you're f2p holiday event's are somehting to do. P2p you would kick yourslef when ever you look in your holiday chest and see one missing *cries when I see zombie head spot*

Jard is on a several month long tantrum because he missed the items from classic, so he's going to act like a 10 year old and employ the "Fine, then you all deserve nothing!" approach.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I want a bunny suit that matches my ears!

These events are always nice, looking kinda forward to it =)

*eats immaginary chokolate*

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I'll try not to miss it, my invent has alot of memebrs items in it though, so I really hope we don't need alot of space... :wall:

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Personally, I'm not a Christian. Whether thsi changes things or not, I don't care. The OP made one point I liked: that ONE of the world's religions mourns/celebrates (I don't think celebrate is a good word for it) the death of their Messiah....(for those who don't know, this is JEWISH.) Jesus was NOT Messiah, for hoever doesnt know. As for event, I'd like something that at least mentions some other religions. I find it ridiculous that only Christian events are celebrated, why not 1 per large culture each year? It really annoys me to do only Christmas and Easter events while Hannukkah and Passover (Actual word is Pesach) are ignored, even if they are within days of their Christian seasonal counterparts. About rewards, I agree that they are crappy mostly for Easter. I'd like something that a) looks good b)has a use or c) has a requirement(s) so you can show off :lol:

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

Personally, I'm not a Christian. Whether thsi changes things or not, I don't care. The OP made one point I liked: that ONE of the world's religions mourns/celebrates (I don't think celebrate is a good word for it) the death of their Messiah....(for those who don't know, this is JEWISH.) Jesus was NOT Messiah, for hoever doesnt know. As for event, I'd like something that at least mentions some other religions. I find it ridiculous that only Christian events are celebrated, why not 1 per large culture each year? It really annoys me to do only Christmas and Easter events while Hannukkah and Passover (Actual word is Pesach) are ignored, even if they are within days of their Christian seasonal counterparts. About rewards, I agree that they are crappy mostly for Easter. I'd like something that a) looks good b)has a use or c) has a requirement(s) so you can show off :lol:

Well, all of the Holidays Jagex celebrates are commercial holidays. While all of them started as Religious Holidays; Christmas, Ester, and Halloween have all be commercialized and are celebrated by a large number families world wide in a non-religious manner. This is why Jagex chooses to celebrate them with the Easter bunny, and Santa Claus, since those characters are not religion related, making it equal to everyone on a religion aspect.

But Aside, I would like a item this year, rather than a wearable item. It seams in the past couple years we get more and more outfits. Clothes are nice, but I would like something original like the Easter egg ring was.

dawnsigblue-3.png

...that ONE of the world's religions mourns/celebrates (I don't think celebrate is a good word for it) the death of their Messiah....(for those who don't know, this is JEWISH.) Jesus was NOT Messiah, for hoever doesnt know...

Actually, this is a Christian holiday (a word derived from "Holy Day" by the way) that celebrates Christ's resurrection; *not* his death. Even though Christ himself was a Jew (yes, he was. Look into it before you yell at me), this is not a Jewish holiday.

Look, Jagex is based in England, right? Just like North America, they celebrate the Christian holidays so of course they are going to come up with events based around them. This, in turn, is going to upset a large portion of the rest of the world who do not celebrate these holidays. Unfortunately, there is no way do anything in an entity the size of RuneScape without upsetting someone. They've stuck to the secular aspects of each of the holidays as to include the most, and offend the least, amount of people.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I wouldn't mind holiday events for other religions, but I can see why it isn't done. First, I doubt many Muslims play Runescape. Second, I imagine the Christian/Jew ratio of Runescape players is something like 10/1 or maybe even 100/1.

punitivedsig.png