How to know when you're over a game

Me_Hate_Libs

First of all, this is not a rant nor is it a criticism of Jagex or the Runescape game itself.

So apparently, I died. I was going to hunt gargoyles, thought I had stopped short, but must've gone in. I was on here talking and stuff. I log back in in Catherby with my Barrows top and bottom and my GS. Lost a quest cape, drag boots, slayer helm, ammy of fury, berserker ring, and some food.

I lost about 5 mill in 10 minutes. So I went and replaced it. Left me about 2 mill in my bank.

And now I don't want to play anymore.

Not because I'm mad over what happened. In fact, I didn't even open my mouth. But by the realization that I'm so over the game that a boneheaded move making my lose 5 million doesn't even make me bat an eyelash.

I got about 2 months on my membership and I'll use it, but I know that I won't be renewing it again.

It just makes me a little sad that after 7 years of playing, I don't QUIT like so many others, or am forced to leave it because I got better things to do, it ends with so little emotion. I think I'm gonna go have a slice of pizza now... :|

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

well they're only pixels, I play to pass time and have fun with friends and wear no Armour & items

sometimes just my boots of lightness and Woodcut cape

but if you lost interest in playing, just take a break from it, and there's always f2p if you don't want to pay membership fees

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I've done basically the same thing, twice in a row, while killing steels.

I actually laughed the second time.

It seems to me that when I get bored and decide to quit, Jagex releases a good update, I come back to try it, and end up playing again. I joined in late January '01, so that should tell you how good they've been at roping me back in. It's harder now that I'm over level 100 and don't have anymore quests to complete, or many new places to explore though.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I could never do f2p in any sort of regular way. I've been spoiled on members for more than 6 years.

I mean the thing is, I don't merchant. I don't PK. I've never done any of that. All my money comes honestly and it is money that I have made myself. So when you do it that way, 5 mill is definitely a lot of time.

If I had been upset and stormed out of my room, than yeah, I would've not played for a couple of days, but I'd have been back.

But to see it happen and only pay attention to it with the mildest of interests, to evoke no emotion at all, good or bad, that's depressing in it's own way.

[hide=Off Topic]

I mean the thing is, I don't merchant. I don't PK. I've never done any of that. All my money comes honestly and it is money that I have made myself. So when you do it that way, 5 mill is definitely a lot of time.

:/

How is Merchanting and PKing not an "honest" method to making money...? You're not lying or being deceitful when you merchant or PK. You're just obtaining money in a different way.

And to be honest, merchants and PKers still "make their money themselves." It doesn't just randomly appear in their banks.[/hide]

More on-topic, I think you should just take a break from the game.

When your membership runs out, enjoy some other stuff in life for a few months.

Then you can come back to the game with a fresh set of eyes, and a renewed desire to play.

I've been playing this game for over eight years, and I know I would have quit a looooong time ago if I hadn't taken various lengths of hiatus.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Maybe honest wasn't the right word to use. But when I said make money, I meant that literally. I make the money. I get drops, I make things and sell to stores, I high alchemy stuff.

Merchanting is not making money, it's merely aquiring other people's money. No new money was ever created by merchanting. And also I used the term Pking in the pre-PVP world sense. Back in the old ways, same thing. You only aquired the wealth of the people you killed.

I don't find either of these two methods for obtaining money how I think a player should.

And this isn't an issue of taking a break, or being tired. I use to think that I played the game, and it kept me occupied, and my lack of excitement or enthusiasm was me getting older, maturing, and behaving more like an adult.

That's why this felt like a shock to me. Runescape itself didn't shock me, but the realization that the game is not what I want anymore was. And the shock that nothing on RS could cause me to feel anything.

If you lose 5 million and you don't even cough, something is wrong.

Jagex have an annoying habit of being able to get a very big rope and use it to drag you back to the game!

I've been playing since 2002 and there is moments where I just feel bored or irritated and I'll just quit, then a few months/years later I'll come back and I'll play it hardcore for a good few months, calm down a bit, and then quit again.

I was growing tired about a month or so back but I've suddenly found an intense addiction to runecrafting :shock:

I don't think i'll ever truly quit runescape because I've put so much time and effort into it, my character is like a baby, I can't bear to see it go to waste, I want it to grow big and strong! :lol:

Dark_Jab.png

I know what you mean... that's not this. I don't know if I can explain it to you. Maybe because at the time when you took those breaks, you thought you had quit forever, only to come back so you think I'll do the same.

I'm not. I can feel it. I know that I won't be back. That's why I said I'm over it. Not "I'm angry" or "I'm quitting for a few months."

I just see it in my head as the brick wall of the dead end. The ride is over.

Almost every post you make is a rant or moan. You are far from over the game.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Good-bye. I hope things go better in real life. Best not to lose 5M in 10 minutes there. ::'

Seriously though, have a good one.

Oh, I'm sure that since I've played the game for so long I can still sit around here and complain about how much they're screwing up the game I no longer play.

Then I can make other people mad and I'll feel happy. \'

As far as real life, I've got a girl, and I might finally get a Wii to go along with my 360.

To reword a quote of a great comedian.

"I find Runescape very educational. Because every time I see it I go into the other room and read a book."

-edit- It's not a rant or moan about the game itself. Just that I don't feel a desire to rant or moan about what happened. I'm not bothered by the game. I'm bothered that I'm not bothered by the game. But thanks for not missing my point. :thumbup:

Almost every post you make is a rant or moan. You are far from over the game.

Attention pl0x? As I see it, this "topic" really has no discussion value. I've lost that much before, and I made it back in a matter of a week or two, maybe less. But if you want to quit, GL IRL.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I think someone is finally over the game when they find something else to occupy their time with. :lol:

Maybe honest wasn't the right word to use. But when I said make money, I meant that literally. I make the money. I get drops, I make things and sell to stores, I high alchemy stuff.

Merchanting is not making money, it's merely aquiring other people's money. No new money was ever created by merchanting. And also I used the term Pking in the pre-PVP world sense. Back in the old ways, same thing. You only aquired the wealth of the people you killed.

I don't find either of these two methods for obtaining money how I think a player should.

And this isn't an issue of taking a break, or being tired. I use to think that I played the game, and it kept me occupied, and my lack of excitement or enthusiasm was me getting older, maturing, and behaving more like an adult.

That's why this felt like a shock to me. Runescape itself didn't shock me, but the realization that the game is not what I want anymore was. And the shock that nothing on RS could cause me to feel anything.

Oh god.. prepare yourself for WWIII over *Is PK-ing morally right* kind of argument...

*Runs and hides in basement, then installs anti-flame nuke shield.* :pray:

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Oh god.. prepare yourself for WWIII over *Is PK-ing morally right* kind of argument...

*Runs and hides in basement, then installs anti-flame nuke shield.* :pray:

Well when you think of it, the only 3 ways money enters RuneScape are:

1) Coin drops

2) Alchemy

3) Selling to General Store

And none of those are good ways to make money. Even look at skills, you mine ores and you sell them. That money isn't new either.

I say take a break. I stepped away for two or three years due to school and when I came back there was three new skills, skill capes, 20+ new quests, and shortly after a fourth new skill. Even a few months of not logging in or watching the homepage should render you with a sense of excitment when you come back.

Stupid.png

well they're only pixels, I play to pass time and have fun with friends and wear no Armour & items

but if you lost interest in playing, just take a break from it, and there's always f2p if you don't want to pay membership fees

It stimulates your sense of sight, and thus, its not "only pixels"

Everything in life is really just a gigantic thing that stimulates one or more of your 5 senses.

O.O

It stimulates your sense of sight, and thus, its not "only pixels"

Everything in life is really just a gigantic thing that stimulates one or more of your 5 senses.

Like I read in somebody's sig...don't recall whose.

Something along the lines of: Calling your RuneScape character "just pixels" is like calling money "just paper."

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

You'll probably come back to the game eventually, but that is a little sad. Pattering off is about the worst way to leave, because it's like taking off a bandaid for 10 hours.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde