A Nostalgic Look at Holidays Past

Punitive_D

Halloween '07 for me. That event is partly the reason why I came back to RuneScape. Went on just to do the event, then BAM. Just when I thought I was out, it sucked me back in...

Reaper Hood is awesome, I just hope they release the rest of the outfit some day.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite event was the one with the huge gift-tree in varrock.

That one was so pretty :D

I agree with that. Christmas '05 was my favourite event and reward. I definitely wouldn't mind reliving that time.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Halloween '07 for me. That event is partly the reason why I came back to RuneScape. Went on just to do the event, then BAM. Just when I thought I was out, it sucked me back in...

Reaper Hood is awesome, I just hope they release the rest of the outfit some day.

I just wanna say that its ridiculous that Jagex released a "black" hood that failed to match any of the other "black" robes out there. Yes I know it goes with void pretty well, but come on... at least have it match priest robes or something! :wall:

Nothing can live up to Christmas of '05 in my mind.

I can still picture the cutscene showing the gigantic tree in place of the Varrock fountain...oh yes, that was wonderful...

Same, that event was the best one ever made. It was fun, had a great reward, and really left an impact. I wish Jagex would make more events like that.

The Halloween events are always the best, from '07 and the Grim Reaper Hood, to '08 and the new idea of releasing a quets that is f2p for as long as the event. But aren't we a bit spoiled? Given a fun event to do, its more than when you just walked up to Santa and got your present. Yes the rewards may be bad, but come on, who doesnt like getting whacked with a big Carrot \' ?

Super_j75.png

Major Completed Quests: Legends Quest, Monkey Madness, Glorious Memories, Underground Pass, The Choosen Commander

Nothing can live up to Christmas of '05 in my mind.

I can still picture the cutscene showing the gigantic tree in place of the Varrock fountain...oh yes, that was wonderful...

Same, that event was the best one ever made. It was fun, had a great reward, and really left an impact. I wish Jagex would make more events like that.

You guys are making me really sorry that I missed that one! I'd really like to see that cutscene! Wonder whether it's on Youtube? This might be a nice addition to the earlier suggestion of a quest library so that we could revisit past quests. I would like a library of old holiday events that I missed. That would be a neat addition, too.

punitivedsig.png

My earliest recollection of holiday drops was when I was walking through Varrock and all of a sudden a red mask fell beside me. I frantically ran and picked it up not knowing what just happened. Then I found a few more in Al Kharid a few moments later, both blue.

I also remember when Jagex dropped the scythe's for the second time cause everyone in the US was complaining when the first drop happened in UK time. I remember standing in a far corner of Karamja with my friend Lord Ice hoping to get a scythe on the second drop. A system message appeared saying "Here we go!" and presto! Scythe's laying everywhere!

*sighs* Good RSC times...

Cydric.png

My earliest recollection of holiday drops was when I was walking through Varrock and all of a sudden a red mask fell beside me. I frantically ran and picked it up not knowing what just happened. Then I found a few more in Al Kharid a few moments later, both blue.

I also remember when Jagex dropped the scythe's for the second time cause everyone in the US was complaining when the first drop happened in UK time. I remember standing in a far corner of Karamja with my friend Lord Ice hoping to get a scythe on the second drop. A system message appeared saying "Here we go!" and presto! Scythe's laying everywhere!

*sighs* Good RSC times...

That really does sound cool! Of course, Jagex doesn't do it that way anymore because they want to avoid creating "rares." But I was thinking . . . isn't it possible that by refusing to do holiday drops that way anymore, Jagex is simply making the existing rares all that much more rare? If they had had a similar drop every holiday since those early drops, wouldn't the "rareness" and therefore the market value of any particular drop be somewhat diminished? I think maybe the decision never to do such drops again may have been counter-productive. If they had been dropping tradeable holiday items all this time, the various items would have sorted themselves out to the various players who valued them the most. There would be a much larger overall supply of "rares," thus spreading the "demand" over more items and making competition for any particular "rare" less intense. Anyway, it does seem a shame that such a cool thing can't happen in the game anymore.

punitivedsig.png

I hate the carrot, it's lame.

The best event was Christmas '05, I think, where you made the marrionettes and the baubles, awesome when I saw the tree in Varrock.

The best reward was the Yoyo, I never got the Easter Ring. :cry: It looks cool. :(

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

It almost makes me laugh hearing people say they wasted time doing the event...it's a game, you're always wasting your time!

Anyways, I liked the reward. It's a fun little break from you scaping to just go and have a little fun. Jagex isn't going to release new party hats, and that's almost what people are expecting out of them. The Holiday Events are now just a little fun, nothing to make your scaping any easier, so just have some fun, or don't do it.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

The quest and item were ok, i'm not a huge fan of either (holiday events always leave me a little disappointed)

The holloween event of 2008 was great though, didn't like the running around so much, but the setting of it was great.

In my mind holiday events truly lack a point, you have an item that your excited about for about 5minutes, then it goes into your bank for a year or so (

and now that i've heard about it i'm jealous of anyone who got to do the 05 christmas event (that's the one everyone is saying is really good right? :lol: ) But having complained about it, it's time for my apology - i'd honestly rather have any holiday event, then no event at all - thank you jagex

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

Rubber Chicken > Genetically Mutated Giant Orange Vegetable

The Holiday events seem longer now than before. I think Jagex wants to make it so *some* people who are lazy or not as bright, to not get the Holiday items. :?

Holiday events are one of my most favourite things about RuneScape, and other MMOs.

I really enjoy them!

But I did enjoy the previous ones better....

Rubber Chicken > Genetically Mutated Giant Orange Vegetable

The Holiday events seem longer now than before. I think Jagex wants to make it so *some* people who are lazy or not as bright, to not get the Holiday items. :?

Yeah I agree that theyre longer now, but I dont think there is any real reason.

I hated the easter event. It was long and a carrot? I wasnt here for christmas 08, but halloween 07 was great. They should atleast make the event fun, and more enjoyable for the time being, to stray away from doing whatever for a little bit. Like, I was hoping for some kind of costume, or something more, but just a carrot? That was like why did you even bother?

329.png

hmmm..yes, last year's halooween event was overall the best event, but i think a close runner up is the 2007 halooween event(just the scenery). Jagex did do a lazy job here, but what can you do? :?:

Jagex hit a brick wall with this event. :wall:

Jellybear123.png

Jellybear123.png

Jellybear123.png

I think we should ease up on the criticism. The carrot , although useless, looks like a war club whic would be pretty badass for dressing up. Then add to that the awesome april fools event that just ended. Seems to me we don't have much to complain about.

If I want to wield a warhammer then I'd wield a warhammer.

If I want to wield a carrot then I'd wield a carrot.

IE: Make the items look like they should. First time I saw it, I honestly thought it was a giant turkey leg...

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

My favourite event i think has to be the one where you could make your own snowmen. Not sure which one that was but i remeber me and some of the guys from TSA. Looking after our snowman. Ill post a pic when i can get on my laptop again.

However the one with the christmas tree was good. For some reason though i have the full costume but not the marrionet. +(

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

I'd have to say my favorite events (I liked them equally) were Christmas '05 (just because of the giant tree; I wasn't too happy about all the work that I had to do for my marionette) and easter '05 (player-to-player interaction > player-to-NPC interaction).

My favorite rewards are, from best to worst, the rubber chicken, the easter ring, the yo-yo, snow globe, and the santa suit (I dress up like santa and throw snowballs/whack people with my rubber chicken :lol: ). The rest are pretty useless, imo, and the carrot is just an ugly rubber chicken knock-off.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

OMFG I hate myself for not geting the XMAS 05 rewards!! I started playing RS because a lot of people started talking about it because of the event, and I was too noob to do it!!

Frikk!!

Even though I wasnt even playing when they came out, I think the Bunny Ears and Scythe looked the coolest.

The rest are pretty useless, imo, and the carrot is just an ugly rubber chicken knock-off.

:lol: agreed.

I also think Halloween 2008 was the best, and I've been playing holiday events just after they stop dropping rares. I think the fact that they had transformed the area into a spooky Halloween styled town just made it for me. It really got me in the holiday spirit, even when you had done the event, it still felt like Halloween. It would be so great if we were to get snow at Christmas or something.

Kinglukas1.png

Do not read this signature.