Suggestion - Monster Arena

Dizzle229

This isn't going to be a long post, as the idea is very simple.

A mini game where you walk into the lobby and talk to the Arena Master.

Talking to him displays a menu or text box, allowing you to select any monster in Runescape (with the exclusion of maybe a few special or quest monsters). You pick what monster you want to fight, and how many. Then you set the rules. No magic, no summoning, no prayer, no potions etc..., same stuff you would see in the Duel Arena. Due to popular demand (all of two people), you would need to have killed a monster before selecting it (though I don't know why).

The Fight: You can choose to fight solo, or in a group. The game would be safe, and the monsters would give no XP or drops.

The Reward: I haven't really thought much about the rewards. Maybe XP or special items based off of difficulty of the fight? And split rewards depending on how much damage you did against which monsters in a group battle.

Well, support, no support, improvements?

~Supporters~

Sees_all1

Balazeal

jackbmx33

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Well you should have to have killed the monster before.

Otherwise, i don't know if this is needed, but i guess it'd be cool?

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

Well you should have to have killed the monster before.

add this in, and you can add me to your supporters list.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Support, though maybe no reward, just purely for fun.

There should be a reward, or else no one would play it. Look at gnomeball. The reward is pointless, and it's effectively abandoned. Also look at the Games Room. It only way a no-reward system would be of any success would mean the minigame would have to suppose teams (which this doesn't) and be insanely fun, like Castlewars.

Wait? What's that sound? Oh wait, that's the sound of no one playing your crappy game because it really has no point. No exp? No drops? Why would you would you possibly want to do this? Maybe if you wagered, this could be better, but I don't know. Honestly, I don't think you really put a lot of thought into this, but still...

Calling fishing a money-making skill would be an exaggeration.

Not exactly funny, but a good quote, no doubt. Also, he probably doesn't know I stole this from him.

Wait? What's that sound? Oh wait, that's the sound of no one playing your crappy game because it really has no point. No exp? No drops? Why would you would you possibly want to do this? Maybe if you wagered, this could be better, but I don't know. Honestly, I don't think you really put a lot of thought into this, but still...

Ah, I know this. I didn't support your stupid idea that wouldn't work, so now you came to my thread to flame. As Frank Fontaine would tell you, Would you kindly leave the forums?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I like the idea, it would need some work and a lot of thought in order to become a really amazing mini-game. But, I like it.

Support.

Off topic-

Wow, I've read 2 threads in a row in which "Purgeelid" has replied to, both of those posts were made to flame others work... Seriously, if your going to troll; gtfo.

Jeez, I did not flame you! I posted this BEFORE I posted my argument, besides, the facts are there.

Edit: I'm not here to troll, sometimes i'm just a mean person. If you hate me, I really don't care :shock:

Calling fishing a money-making skill would be an exaggeration.

Not exactly funny, but a good quote, no doubt. Also, he probably doesn't know I stole this from him.

if there was a great reward, then it may be feasible.

also, would these monsters go towards slayer targets?? as this may invoke them to use this method instead of trekking all the way to where the monsters usually are

Yes. Im a low level F2P, but its ok because Jesus loves me

Blackey120.png

Blackey120.png

245b84963c.png

Member of the Runescape Order of Jedi Knights|Click here for forums

With some interesting rewards, and maybe a twist like making the arena interactive, and with different combat areas? (Eg, Lava) and this could be cool.

But I agree, you need to have fought the monster previously.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I don't think it would need any reward, the point would be to be able to say you were able to kill a certain selection of creatures under a given circumstance, would be great for people to be able to create challenges for their friends. I think that when you enter the "arena" any runes or munitions or any degrading armors should be replaced by arena versions so that the arena truly has no effect on the character aside from bragging rights. When you complete or set a challenge the game could give you a (obviously long) alphanumerical value that other people could then enter to see who did what challenge or what challenge hasn't been beat and so on. Definitely would be fun to see how many goblins it would take to to kill me if i had no armor on and so on.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

you could also have a dangerous and safe mode, where obviously the rewards are greater if you do the dangerous one

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

Surprised this doesn't have many posts. Hell I'd do this even if it had no reward. It'd be really fun to see how many of different things I could kill, and just challenge things for fun.

Maybe it could have a reward point system for random rewards? (Maybe like some exp item, special armor from the game, nothing overly powerful though), and points based on what you did? No idea... but it still would be really fun..

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

i support, would be fun

but a point system or something would be nice, i dont know how ud put it in there though

what about an option to vs someone else, e.g. first to kill five (___) wins or put u and someone else in the room with (x) amount of (___) and whoever kills the most at the end of the time limit or until ther all dead, wins.

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

i reckon this sounds great and totally support it, the fact the monsters dont drop items or give exp is good cuz it would be waay to easy to get exp and become rich.. without any consequence, it would be a good idea to get points every kill depending on the level of the monster like pest control as sum1 said b4. :thumbsup:

Good thinking

lol and its funny that purgeelid is the only one objecting this idea :lol: :?

[stats][/stats]