Your Biggest Mistake

Guest Rob

So, what was the dumbest thing you've ever done? For me, it would be stucking my finger up an electrical box that connected my entire house at age 3. Sent me across the room, apparently. Thank god I was standing on a platform with rubber wheels. Anyways. What would your biggest "oops" of all time be?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making fairy cakes with 7 year old cake mix. It came with the kiddy oven maker!

Skateboard transition from concrete to grass. I was a child, I thought it would still be smooth. <.<

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

meeting my gf, gone to the hospital three times and gotten 2 tickets, all with her, since meeting her, have never had any of this before meeting her :lol: only known her 6 months

dislocated arm, bruised muscle, and possible spine damage

legends2.jpg

Forgot to use a rubber. Not the outcome you'd think occurred though.

how do you forget?! i'd think it'd be noticeable wouldn't it?

After spending a day drinking beer from 12 in the day till 2 in the morning it's quite easy to forget you're wearing a condom, let alone that they even exist. As I said, the outcome you would assume never occurred so I'm still young and childless ::'

I have two mistakes that are somewhat related, one I wish I could get the opportunity back and the other didn't have any reprecussions due to dumb luck thankfully.

In high school I got this job working in a hospital kitchen, and on my first day there I was a little surprised to see that I was in the minority there (growing up in a small town in the Midwest you don't get many opportunities to meet ethnically diverse people). At first I was a little shy, but as time went on I became friends with all of them and had more and more fun at work, and especially looked forward to the days when I'd work with this Bosnian girl who was about my age. Now, it's not so much that I had those kind of feelings for her (still not sure if I did/do or not), it's just that she was quite simply fun to be around and differed from most of the girls I knew in that she wasn't constantly gossiping or being dramatic. Anyway, a couple months after I started working there she had asked me to her prom and I hesitated a bit at first then ultimately declined because I was still a bit shy then, and because I absolutely hate dancing.

That's the first mistake, not going with her to prom. I later tried to make up for that mistake a bit by asking her to my prom, but she was taking a trip to Bosnia so that didn't work out. My second mistake was not getting her number before we both quit. I was planning on quitting in early June after my senior year, and figured I'd see her quite a few more times before then, but she ended up taking a job that had her working night shifts so she only worked at the hospital during the day (I only worked the evening shifts) so I didn't see her the last couple months before I was done. In the two years that I worked with her I never got her number because I didn't do anything outside of work with my coworkers and I'm not really one for talking on the phone, and it never really occured to me that I'd need it if I wanted to keep in touch since I got so use to seeing her practically every other day for 2 years.

After a little while I ultmitately settled on the realization that I'd probably never see her again as she wasn't in the phone book, I had no clue where she worked, and lived in a city of 150,000+ (she could've even moved away for all I knew). Then about a year later, during the summer of '08 she got brought up again by my friends because they'd always give me crap about her being imaginary (I originally signed up to go to prom with her without knowing whether or not she could go because of the signup deadline, then found out she was going to Bosnia so I just didn't go to prom and my friends all thought/think it was just me trying to get out of going to prom), and I began to wish I could see her again. A week or so later my cousin got married, and as the reception was winding down my brother and I wanted to go do something fun together since we see each other only a few times a year and ended up deciding to go night golfing (which is extremely fun btw), the only problem was we had no glow in the dark balls. Where does one go at 1 am when they need some glow in the dark golf balls? Wal-Mart! So we head to Wal-Mart only to discover that they don't carry what we were looking for, and on our way out we hear a shriek of surprise and excitement and turn around to see Ljuba, the girl I worked with, stocking shelves. We talked for a while and exchanged numbers before parting, so yeah, mistake rectified thanks to the need to find glow in the dark golf balls.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Daaang, Madmanpur3. That was a good read. :thumbup: ::'
Thanks...I know I have the ability to write, it's just I often times am too lazy. But for this it brought back some good memories so I just put it on cruise control. ;)

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Liking a prude religious girl. She set me up with her friend that I only saw twice. The 2nd time I saw her I got to 2nd base. I'm now dating the prude that I've liked the entire time. Hurrah for hormones. :XD:

My biggest mistake was not knowing how to play it smooth on the Internet since I started using it. If I had I could probably have gotten high authority rankings on a lot more things, but now everything thinks I shouldn't be because they're noobs. :)

If I get rich I swear with complete honesty I'm going to buy Tip.It.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

not making more friends.

i have a few really good friends, but not really a wide circle of acquaintances. :|

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

My friend and I decided in 4th grade that we would run away from home together, get jobs and live happily ever after. So one night I snuck out of my house after bed and rode my bike to her house. I went right up and knocked on her door, because surely her mom wouldnt think anything of it. She invited me inside and called my parents. LOL

SimplyDivine.png