Should There Be Uniforms In Schools?

Maze

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uniforms? No. Dress code? Yes.

Allowing to wear whatever we want, with limits of course, helps the student's express themselves and if they're in what they are comfortable wearing then they should be able to sit still longer.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

You shouldn't have to have a uniform, because some people wear clothes as a way of expressing themselves. Although dress codes are perfectly understandable. Also like riku said, if they're comfortable they can sit longer, which means they can last longer and possibly do better in class.

Uniforms won't do any good. Kids arn't singled out by what they wear, they are singled out by how they act. While it's cruel it's the truth.

You're so full of [cabbage]. People generalize on what type of a person someone is by what they wear all the time. jesus christ, you ever been to a public high school?

You shouldn't have to have a uniform, because some people wear clothes as a way of expressing themselves. Although dress codes are perfectly understandable. Also like riku said, if they're comfortable they can sit longer, which means they can last longer and possibly do better in class.

Uniforms won't do any good. Kids arn't singled out by what they wear, they are singled out by how they act. While it's cruel it's the truth.

You're so full of [cabbage]. People generalize on what type of a person someone is by what they wear all the time. jesus christ, you ever been to a public high school?

So during the times a slavery if black people wore different clothing people would treat them differently?

So during the times a slavery if black people wore different clothing people would treat them differently?

are you comparing clothes to slavery?

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

No i'm comparing prejudging then to prejudging now.

No i'm comparing prejudging then to prejudging now.

there has always been a lot of judging based on clothing, and based on appearance, and there was enough hate towards the slaves at the time where the clothing they wore wouldn't have mattered.

HELL NO.

I do not think there should be uniforms in schools. People should be able to dress as they want (Within reason). Its a way to express yourself. If there were uniforms it would be boring. I like wearing a different shirt and pants everyday, I like showing people (with band tees) I like metal music unlike the rest of my classmates.

I would really hate it if my school made us wear uniforms.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I've worn uniforms all my life. Current high school one isn't bad at all, any shirt with a collar and slacks. Very broad. Khakis and cargoes are my pants of choice anyway.

Although they got rid of open-toed shoes and hoodies this year. Oh well.

p2gq.jpg

cloths are just a badge for someone beliefs, beliefs are what we pick people on, not the badge itself

with uniforms, we cant see someone beliefs as easily as would could with it, but end the end, your beliefs come out through interactions, with other students, and you are still labeled, as "goth", "gay", "jock" etc even without the cloths to show it

so uniforms reduce picking on, but do not stop it, but it also reduces students openness, and pride in their beliefs

legends2.jpg

Well uniforms in school make people not stand out as much. No one at our school (private) is made fun of for the way they dress. Since everyone has to dress somewhat the same, everyone looks sort of identical. So uniforms are kind of a good thing. I would also like to wear regular clothes to school, but one can only dream. :roll:

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

I think it'd be much easier to start the whole class up in song.

But it can get very confusing. I have a hard enough time when two people look the same from the back. So I really don't think uniforms are the best choice in school, dawg.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I don't think uniforms should be used, all the public schools around here had no uniform, while all private schools did.

I don't really buy into the whole uniforms make all the kids equal so they can't judge or make fun of their clothes, or they get made fun of because what "clique" they're in.

Jusaplaya.png

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

-Gen. George S. Patton

It's funny because in Australia, pretty much every school wears uniforms. I only know of one school that doesn't, it's a public school, but all others do. With public schools it's generally a pretty casual uniform, school polo shirt and school shorts etc, or long pants in the winter. I go to a private school where it's a lot more strick, we're about to start our first winter term, that's grey long pants, white shirt, tie and a blue blazer. Black leather shoes/loafers. I like uniforms, especially with ours i think it helps create the sense of a school community. Especially in big events against other schools it's impressive seeing a mass of blue together cheering teams/people on.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

What the hell...?

He's talking about public high school not Southern Plantation circa 1800.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Er, that is how my school works. You're describing the typical Hollywood flick. If they judge upon what I wear, I would be instantly labeled as a nerd. But I just get by, don't do [cabbage] to gain attention and everybody pretty much goes right over me.

School uniforms would be horrible. Granted, I wear clothes similar to uniforms, but we got the 1st Amendment here. As for dress codes, they have to be reasonable. Hats are banned at my school. Reason? Gang related. An innocent tan hat now symbolizes my alignment in a LA gang who hates Mexicans. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What the hell...?

He's talking about public high school not Southern Plantation circa 1800.

It's still the same thing. White people didn't like how Africans lived so they singled them out for it. One kid doesn't like how another kid lives so he singles the other kid out for it. People didn't like how Indians lived so they singled them out for it. People didn't like how Nazi Germany lived so they singled them out for it. It's all the same thing we're just talking about on how cruel a scale it is in these places.

Like I said it's cruel but it's the truth.

But we're not talking about going to another country and discovering a foreign people...

We're talking about seeing some kid in high school dressed funny, and it DOES affect how they are treated by others.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Well uniforms in school make people not stand out as much. No one at our school (private) is made fun of for the way they dress. Since everyone has to dress somewhat the same, everyone looks sort of identical. So uniforms are kind of a good thing. I would also like to wear regular clothes to school, but one can only dream. :roll:

That's not true, kids always find ways of splitting popularity groups. For instance, the popular kids wore [bleep]y's brand pants because those were the 'coolest' khakis. Rebellious kids don't tuck in their shirts etc.

You get the point.

That said, I don't believe that uniforms should be enforced in public schools. No point and simply a waste of money on the students' part.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!