Ourg Bones? Are you KIDDING?

green9090

The prices will drop a bit, but not that many bones will be banked, and the price of them will drop, after all not many were being bought or sold before that. Now more will be and the price will decrease. What's the major freakout for?

Major freakout is because Jagex doesn't listen to anything else. The problem is that Bandos got a new drop and none of the other bosses did. Bandos was already by far the most crowded boss. So what the hell?

Maybe they made them have different drops, but they aren't 100% like Gra. If they didn't improve the loot of all the other three bosses at all then you're right, there is a problem.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a lot of trouble selling my ourg bones, so unless there's a sudden demand for it, I don't see a mad craze for them anytime soon. Or at least, that's my experience with them.

j0xPu5R.png

Part of me thinks this is great, another thinks it sucks.

As has been said, Bandos was already crowded enough. Now if you last 2 kills on a solo run, your costs are pretty well covered without even worrying about drops. I think it will make solo/duo even more popular.

Hopefully jagex will implement something I've been begging for since 02. scatter ashes. It makes sense to me. Prayer is apparently us being blessed by Saradomin, so shouldn't we be reward for slaying creatures of zamorak?

SoLawny.png

Now I'm starting to think it was to prevent Bones to Peaches from being overused at Gra.

8 HP per kill wouldn't exactly have broken anything, not by a long shot. Besides, he dropped big bones before, and B2P only works on normal bones.

He drops Ourg bones because he's an ourg, and ourgs drop ourg bones. End of story, no?

If this is your only complaint, I'd say Jagex didn't do to bad today.

Yup, instead of the MAIN update failing, they just managed to make a thoughtless addition that unbalanced GWD. Meh, I've seen worse.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but while we are on the topic of him, is there any slayer task that offers the black mask/slayer helm bonus?

Nope.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

8 HP per kill wouldn't exactly have broken anything, not by a long shot. Besides, he dropped big bones before, and B2P only works on normal bones.

Oops, my bad. I thought he dropped normal ones.

Ourgs drop ourg bones. Makes sense no? :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

the prices will probobly go down if its as crowded as you say. plus lower levels can still get ourg bones from ogre coffins, no? mabye this realisation will cause ppl to crowd jigig instead. just a suggestion -.-

my-sig-1.jpg

^Gummy's cat, Doom, will pwn you all^

Eventhough I hate "+1" posts, it's all what I have to say to this.

+1.

;)

But I seriously think this was a terrible idea. Sure, it is realistic, but I just calculated it, Graardor is killed ~100,000 times per day. :|

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

No, they aren't kidding.

Clever response.

Yes, I agree with you, this is a very unbalanced update. However, you can take solace in the fact that it will go down from 15k per drop to something much lower...maybe around 5k after a few weeks, I'm guessing.

Wrong. Dagannoth bones are worth 8k, and there are 3 npcs that drop them (one of which can be soloed for hours on end, banking every single bone drop). They also give vastly less exp. Ourg bones may drop but they won't crash. Unless you go to team bandos with a pack yak and get every single ourg drop this update will have no effect on anything.

[hide=Quotetrain, "choo-choo!"]
Well, Zilyana could be made of Icyene bones, and Kree made of giant aviansie bones. K'ril I can't think of a good drop for off the top of my head, but he needs something nice as well.

Unholy ashes?

Which do what? It wouldn't exactly make sense if they gave prayer exp...

Why can't they just have the same function as any other bones? It's only ashes, and it doesn't HAVE to be like normal ash.

Besides, realistically speaking you can still 'bury' ashes.

In a lot of cultures, they ceremonially scatter your ashes to the wind instead of burying your boxed up, pickled corpse. I can't see how scattering the ashes of a demon would be any different.

But they're "unholy." This would be the first unholy item to give prayer experience, doesn't really seem consistent.
[/hide]

Shades and vyrewatch are holy things now? =p

I see this having little impact on the market. Dagganoth bones may go down, all the ancestral bones will go down and keys will go down. I see ourg bones settling somewhere around 7-9k. Dragon will probably not be effected. People will most likely bury them on site, and only bank/sell 5-6 of them a trip tops.

Umm... I checked the GE yesterday and the new Ourg bones are not the same Ourg bones as the ones you get from zogres.

Atleast the picture isn't the same :^o

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

To above poster: You get Zogre bones from killing Zogres. But you can also get coffin keys. These keys are able to reward you with Ourg bones.

Eventhough I hate "+1" posts, it's all what I have to say to this.

+1.

;)

But I seriously think this was a terrible idea. Sure, it is realistic, but I just calculated it, Graardor is killed ~100,000 times per day. :|

Where'd you get this number from? I'm interested.

Everyone is like "I don't see the problem" but heres the problem.

Over 2,500 people have 96+ summoning.

If one of them has high lsp, you know how fast he/she is gonna be making money there?

He could also bring a pile of cash and send every bone to bank to benefit teammates if he doesn't have a high lsp.

But yaks are going to completely own bandos now. Anyone that has a yak is gonna make a TON of money here.

More reason to get 96 summoning...

Oh and if you don't know what i'm talking about... The scroll of Pack Yak banks any item in your inventory of your choice.

Add more to other bosses in GWD... otherwise theres a problem.

Btw, can someone test these ourg bones? They seem to be different than the other type. Do they give the same exp, are they altar-able, etcetera? Cause idk why they would make 2 types of ourg bones otherwise....

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/p=kKmok3 ... ?obj=14793

I think they are green and pretty. :lol:

2625_obj_big.gif?id=14793

I think giving an ourg his rightful bones is a very nice deed. :P

The bones will drop sooner or later.

It all depends on how many people want the fastest prayer exp per hour.

If one of them has high lsp, you know how fast he/she is gonna be making money there?

He could also bring a pile of cash and send every bone to bank to benefit teammates if he doesn't have a high lsp.

But yaks are going to completely own bandos now. Anyone that has a yak is gonna make a TON of money here.

Oh and if you don't know what i'm talking about... The scroll of Pack Yak banks any item in your inventory of your choice.

Btw, can someone test these ourg bones? They seem to be different than the other type. Do they give the same exp, are they altar-able, etcetera? Cause idk why they would make 2 types of ourg bones otherwise....

Actually, the scroll ranks a random item from the YAK'S inventory. So that means you need to have only Ourg bones in the Yak's inventory in order to guarantee that you bank one.

I don't think this is such a big problem really. But sure it would be nice if the other generals dropped more valueable special drops, to make it more fair.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Actually, the scroll ranks a random item from the YAK'S inventory. So that means you need to have only Ourg bones in the Yak's inventory in order to guarantee that you bank one.

That was the old effect, you can choose the item now.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

With the Renew Familiar update, I can see the Ourg bones drop in price... maybe 7-8k each unless there is a price limit that JaGeX put there.

... I think Graardor just got lucky he made out of ourg bones rather than big bones.
"I'm not fat, I'm just Big Boned!"

I laughed hard at that! :lol:

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Yeah, thats why a lot of people go DK's with it now -- you make a lot of money from hides and bones. You can choose the item.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

Yeah, thats why a lot of people go DK's with it now -- you make a lot of money from hides and bones. You can choose the item.

When was this? #-o

When was this? #-o

Summoning V2, when all the rest of the familiars were released and summoning actually became good.

Did they really change it that long ago? Damn, now I wanna train summoning again...