Ourg Bones? Are you KIDDING?

green9090

Not sure if ye know this or not but

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/results. ... l&members=

(Top bones are dropped by the general, and bottom are the old ones) but I think the burying xp is still the same.

Pay more attention slacker, you were there when we confirmed the xp is the same. :P

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On topic is this really that bad?

First of all it's only 15k per bone and to get said bone you have have the drop and have room in your inventory. The average solo trip is going to yield 5 maybe 6 bones? That's 90k.

However it's only 90k if you can sell them. People are going to have to be very dumb to buy Ourg Bones en-mass as 2 x dragons bones is better XP for a cheaper price. Prayer is expensive, even for high levelled players, and most players would rather do it via dragon bones than waste all that cash on ourgs. When ourgs do become practical for prayer training you are looking at 5-6k tops per bone which is even less of a big deal, considering the hassle of getting them still.

Bandos will be packed for a few days/weeks until people realise that this actually changes very little and then they will tootle off and do BH or TD's or DK's again. The prices of ourg bones should fall, but I doubt it will be much as the influx of bones is still going to be pretty low. Dragon bones won't change as these will remain the xp of choice for the masses.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

The average solo trip is going to yield 5 maybe 6 bones? That's 90k.

Average solo trip for a high leveled player is more like 2 or 3 bones. Gotta be very lucky to get 4 or even 5 kills.

It's more due to speculation that the bones will go down, doubt theyl go sub 10k cause of the price of dagganoth bones and the fact that not many will be getting banked opposed to the amount that are being dropped.

First of all it's only 15k per bone and to get said bone you have have the drop and have room in your inventory. The average solo trip is going to yield 5 maybe 6 bones? That's 90k.

However it's only 90k if you can sell them. People are going to have to be very dumb to buy Ourg Bones en-mass as 2 x dragons bones is better XP for a cheaper price. Prayer is expensive, even for high levelled players, and most players would rather do it via dragon bones than waste all that cash on ourgs. When ourgs do become practical for prayer training you are looking at 5-6k tops per bone which is even less of a big deal, considering the hassle of getting them still.

Bandos will be packed for a few days/weeks until people realise that this actually changes very little and then they will tootle off and do BH or TD's or DK's again. The prices of ourg bones should fall, but I doubt it will be much as the influx of bones is still going to be pretty low. Dragon bones won't change as these will remain the xp of choice for the masses.

actually bandos has always been crowded and always will be. the bones will always be coming in and lots of them. the price is going to drop a long way

The average solo trip is going to yield 5 maybe 6 bones? That's 90k.

Average solo trip for a high leveled player is more like 2 or 3 bones. Gotta be very lucky to get 4 or even 5 kills.

It's more due to speculation that the bones will go down, doubt theyl go sub 10k cause of the price of dagganoth bones and the fact that not many will be getting banked opposed to the amount that are being dropped.

unless people go with pakyaks and use it to bank all the bones they get. i sure as hell would, if i had a yak.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Does only General Graardor drop the bones or do the minions drop them too?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

i don't see a problem if they're not noted.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Does only General Graardor drop the bones or do the minions drop them too?

minis still drop normal bones

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Wow, an Ourg now drops ourg bones? Are you KIDDING? Why would that happen? Is there any possible explanation for that? Oh, wait, there is...

Your actual point seems to be that the other GWD bosses should have an update as well. Why? Do we have Icyene bones already in the game? Do we have Aviansie bones? For K'ril Tsutsaroth, that's just silly. Demons don't drop bones. :thumbdown:

A typical answer for a low level player who probably has never been to GWD. I've soloed over 1k graardors, which would have meant 1000+ ourg bones. Even if they weren't 15, I still have missed out on tons of money/prayer xp.

That doesn't address the logic behind my post. If I was wrong and you have stumbled upon Icyene, Aviansie or Demon bones, then I was wrong, and the other bosses should have also had their 100% drops updated.

So, do they exist?

Grognarklu Snargle Ungle'Bla.

So, do they exist?

Nope, not any more than unwrapped ourg bones existed before this update. Jagex seemed to have no trouble making new items for that though.

The trouble here, though, is not whether this makes sense in the context of the game. That's subjective. The issue here is that from a game balancing standpoint this is just BAD. No arguing it, this was a stupid move for balancing the Godwars dungeon. I am amazed so many people think they can counter that with "but he's an ourg!" No, that's not a good enough argument.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Being an Ourg isn't enough reason to drop ourg bones? :roll:

So, what you want to happen is that every time an update is released, corresponding updates should be released for anything similar, no matter how illogical is is? Hey, that's a good idea, let's introduce "While Marimbo Sleeps", because all the other gods should have been an updated when Guthix got a quest with his name in it.

Grognarklu Snargle Ungle'Bla.

maybe they should add icyene bones, avianse bones and unholy ashes aswell (ashes, as kril is a demon; demons drop ashes and not bones).

ash "bury" option would be better suited as scatter, though

Wow, an Ourg now drops ourg bones? Are you KIDDING? Why would that happen? Is there any possible explanation for that? Oh, wait, there is...

Your actual point seems to be that the other GWD bosses should have an update as well. Why? Do we have Icyene bones already in the game? Do we have Aviansie bones? For K'ril Tsutsaroth, that's just silly. Demons don't drop bones. :thumbdown:

A typical answer for a low level player who probably has never been to GWD. I've soloed over 1k graardors, which would have meant 1000+ ourg bones. Even if they weren't 15, I still have missed out on tons of money/prayer xp.

That doesn't address the logic behind my post. If I was wrong and you have stumbled upon Icyene, Aviansie or Demon bones, then I was wrong, and the other bosses should have also had their 100% drops updated.

So, do they exist?

You haven't read the thread, have you?

2j3qh46.jpg

Forget about balancing the different GWD rooms; does GWD REALLY need another reason to bring people in? Was it beginning to look barren and in need of an adrenaline shot?

Well, Zamorak Godwars certainly is never crowded lol. The other bosses (Sara and Arma, not Bandos) are only moderately populated even at peak times. You're right though, Bandos didn't need it. Funny that they gave HIM the good bones, huh?

Being an Ourg isn't enough reason to drop ourg bones? :roll:

So, what you want to happen is that every time an update is released, corresponding updates should be released for anything similar, no matter how illogical is is? Hey, that's a good idea, let's introduce "While Marimbo Sleeps", because all the other gods should have been an updated when Guthix got a quest with his name in it.

The Godwars bosses are all linked together. They share the dungeon and are very similar to fight. It's kind of as if they altered the barrows so that if you just kill Verac and then go to the chest you have a much better chance of getting a piece of his armor than if you did that with any of the other barrows brothers, so you end up with more Verac items in the market. That would just be a bizarre decision that brings way more Verac items into the game than any other kind of barrows items.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Well, I forget the name, but the demon that destroyed Uzer was an Elder Demon when he died and left behind a body. Reclassify Kril as an Elder Demon instead of Lesser, give him some kind of "Unholy Remains" that can be buried for higher exp, but cann't be ground for Ecto.

Then throw in some Icyene bones and Giant Avian bones for good measure. Not that difficult.

I mean Bandos only had a mild connection with a pre existing item. You can make new ones.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I honestly don't see the major issue here. People aren't going to bandos for a low value 15k drop, They are going for the hilt, or the gear, or a shard.

If you are really concerned about 15k, maybe as a nod to the addy bar drops of avains you could have the arma boss drop 15k worth of addy bars every time. Maybe have the other bosses drop about 15k worth of noted big bones or something.

I'd be up in arms about this if you could truly bank these bones on a frequent basis. It's not like they're going to be banked by soloers often, so why sweat it?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Kill the ourg.

Take the bones to an Ogre shaman.

clean the bones.

Wrap bone in specially prepared cloths soaked in a secret mix of herbs.

Burn bone.

Bury with the rest of the skeleton in the right position in a sacred burial site.

Let it lie a few years.

Dig up.

Carry back to where the ourg was killed.

drop the remains in the pile of drops.

See the price of a a rare item go up and down.

Get nice Xp.

Rant.

Secretly get some more.

Be furious.

Reason is that you prefer to kill the other bosses.

Release an~~ger!

Kill the ourg.

Take the bones to an Ogre shaman.

clean the bones.

Wrap bone in specially prepared cloths soaked in a secret mix of herbs.

Burn bone.

Bury with the rest of the skeleton in the right position in a sacred burial site.

Let it lie a few years.

Dig up.

Carry back to where the ourg was killed.

drop the remains in the pile of drops.

See the price of a a rare item go up and down.

Get nice Xp.

Rant.

Secretly get some more.

Be furious.

Reason is that you prefer to kill the other bosses.

Release an~~ger!

lolwut?

The "new" ourg bones are dropping tho... TBH the other bosses really should have a 15k'ish 100% drop too.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

I have obtained 30 of these ourg bones since the release.

They have been sitting on lowest for 3 days, and i now use them as junk.

/end (of ourg bones)

Miseryism | Completionist

Anyone know how hard it is to get a solo world? I can get a consistent 4-5 kills a trip with my Divine, and an extra 50k or so per trip would be really nice.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Anyone know how hard it is to get a solo world? I can get a consistent 4-5 kills a trip with my Divine, and an extra 50k or so per trip would be really nice.

4/5 kills :o

Miseryism | Completionist

Last time I tried to solo Graardor it was the middle of the day and I went through about 5 worlds before I found an empty one. It was plenty annoying.

Edit: Note that this was before he started dropping ourg bones, probably is worse now.